Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 754 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at some older aerials, you can see foundations with attachment points for rockwork structure scattered all over the area which helps to give an idea of how much there will be.
unknown.png

And just to set expectations on this ride, it’s going to have the newer style lap bars so don’t expect Maverick style transitions. This is going to be much more fluid and not as snappy as that.
That may limit the max roll rate they can do, but the seats are much higher off the track and the trains are much more open, which will make it feel much more snappy than you would expect from looking at the track.

Right, and not in the sense that you’re hoping it will. These are much smoother variations of intamins of the late 2000’s. Not to say it won’t be more aggressive than hulk, but don’t expect maverick snaps with those new lapbars. It’ll be more fluid, less snappy. The newer designs aren’t as aggressive with the negative g peaks either. It’s smoothed out like a B&M although stronger than a B&M.

I'm curious about the theming, so will the only highly themed part of the ride be the queue and load/unload? Or will the first half also be heavily themed with electric fences and rockwork?

I can tell @jarmor has been on a lot of coasters based on his comments, and he’s right. Don’t expect this to be Maverick 2.0, but DO expect this to be Orlando’s most intense coaster to date. A super fast paced ride that has a lot of fluidity. And for the record, I’ll take the newer Intamin lapbars with a more fluid design over Maverick.

Reactions: jarmor
I’m in love with this idea! I wonder if that’d be in the interior or exterior line portion? Can’t tell if they’re building out for their than shown, but it’d be a little odd being outdoors
Pretty sure that area they’re putting the framing up for now is the first interior queue section. Exterior covered queue to be added in front of it later.

Is it just me or do those structures kinda resemble raptor tails? I mean, they’re so pointed and angular. Not that I think they’re building giant raptor rocks here, but maybe something like the rock work at Radiator Spring that evoke those classic cars?

• Haha
Reactions: jarmor
Is it just me or do those structures kinda resemble raptor tails? I mean, they’re so pointed and angular. Not that I think they’re building giant raptor rocks here, but maybe something like the rock work at Radiator Spring that evoke those classic cars?
I think the rock work will complement the rock work on the other side at the entrance of the River Adventure. It will put the area together nicely.

Some people want to see dinosaur rocks so badly. I don’t get it. There’s an element of realism they’re trying to portray here and that just isn’t it. Sharp rocks and steel. That’s what we’re getting.
People want dumb things...thankfully the inmates don't run the asylum

Some people want to see dinosaur rocks so badly. I don’t get it. There’s an element of realism they’re trying to portray here and that just isn’t it. Sharp rocks and steel. That’s what we’re getting.
People want dumb things...thankfully the inmates don't run the asylum
Sorry, it was just an observation. I’m not clamoring for dinosaur rocks. I’m with you guys. I, too, want nothing but straight-faced realism and hardcore verisimilitude from the *checks notes* genetically-engineered dinosaur movie.

That’s kinda it though right. If you think about, like... what would be considered as the most environmentally intense part of IOA, I think it’s going to be this. It’s got the darkness and depth of Kong but with this kinetic element of the roller coaster that is just going to put it over the top. And beyond that it looks like we’re getting a marquee/entrance the size of test track which just puts it at a whole ‘nother level.

Reactions: WillQ92
Status
Not open for further replies.