Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 753 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's me but I don't get the comparison of Jurassic coaster to taron. Yes, they both are black and they both have two launches but after that, the layouts are totally different. While taron has a low height, tight turns, snappy transitions and a mess of track that crosses over itself over 50 times jurassic coaster has large inversions a few sweeping turns like 9 crossovers and what looks like two moments of airtime in first half before the second launch. I'm not saying this as a bad thing but more of a jurassic coaster has its own identity. It's a very unique coaster that doesn't warrant any comparison to any other coaster, especially taron.

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
Do any other Intamin Blitz coasters have an outward banked ejector airtime element like in the oscillating helix? I would like to see a POV of an existing example of that element. I have a slight concern about how "extreme" it will be.

Anyway, where did "oscillating helix" come from? Is that a standard term? The only examples I can find refer to this coaster. But the term doesn't make sense. I think the proper term would be "Undulating Helix".

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Do any other Intamin Blitz coasters have an outward banked ejector airtime element like in the oscillating helix? I would like to see a POV of an existing example of that element. I have a slight concern about how "extreme" it will be.

Anyway, where did "oscillating helix" come from? Is that a standard term? The only examples I can find refer to this coaster. But the term doesn't make sense. I think the proper term would be "Undulating Helix".

I'm pretty confident that I was first to say it and probably not a standard term.

Undulating helix would probably a better description.

I would have described it as a shark wheel but that might be too obscure of a reference.

Pantheon has the outward banked humps that most resemble the one on JP’s second half right before it goes into its triple launch section. The difference being that JP’s version takes 2 90° turns pre and post element which will make it feel even more fluid.

And just to set expectations on this ride, it’s going to have the newer style lap bars so don’t expect Maverick style transitions. This is going to be much more fluid and not as snappy as that.

The comparison is much less about layout and more about how both coasters are snappy Intamin Blitz coasters that have a ton of rockwork and themeing that integrates the ride with the environment.
all those comparisons are guesses at this point. No one really knows how jurassic coaster will ride but the elements seem to be more spread out than those on taron. As far as a ton of rockwork and theme elements, below is a picture of taron under construction. . .
Taron.jpg

It seemed as if the entire track and supports are covered as the theme elements appears to cover the coaster entirety. Compared to this. . .
Ebd5_PpWsAEls_d

I know this project is still the greater part of a year away but still, and it's looking like the second half isn't getting any real theme elements aside from in front of the discovery center.

I am hoping they do have extensive rock work but seeing how hagrids turned out i'm not expecting taron level anything. . . and that's ok.

all those comparisons are guesses at this point. No one really knows how jurassic coaster will ride but the elements seem to be more spread out than those on taron. As far as a ton of rockwork and theme elements, below is a picture of taron under construction. . .
Taron.jpg

It seemed as if the entire track and supports are covered as the theme elements appears to cover the coaster entirety. Compared to this. . .
Ebd5_PpWsAEls_d

I know this project is still the greater part of a year away but still, and it's looking like the second half isn't getting any real theme elements aside from in front of the discovery center.

I am hoping they do have extensive rock work but seeing how hagrids turned out i'm not expecting taron level anything. . . and that's ok.

Having track and supports wrapped in that white plastic could be a clue to where rock work is going.

It’s being protected for a reason.

Having track and supports wrapped in that white plastic could be a clue to where rock work is going.

It’s being protected for a reason.
I am aware it is being protected for a reason which is why I said for comparison as in at the point of construction taron was completely covered before even being completed, track wise. I am really hoping for some extensive theming in the paddock area but im not holding my breath.

EbnKN9FXQAAnAeQ

Looking at Bio's pic and this piece of rock is going to be over and under quite some track. Very good use of rock-work imho and makes this ride even more exciting.
That looks like a reveal wall for the people on the paths. Glimpses of track and cars coming out to draw you onto the ride with the tophat towering over all.

Reactions: tielo
Status
Not open for further replies.