Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 751 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's honestly really funny that Uni officially is still like "New JP ride? Never heard of her!". Like, it's one thing for Hagrids or Bourne cause at least those were behind walls and mostly unnoticable from a guests perspective. But this thing is visible from Cabana Bay hotel rooms, it's the first thing you see coming out of Port of Entry, Jurassic Park is literally a desert! I totally get the reasoning behind it but it's way too absurd to not point out. :lol:

Reactions: Jones14 and Mad Dog
Here is a shot from in front of the Starbucks in CityWalk.

20200622-115450.jpg

What I'm hearing from team members it is likely to open spring 2021.
They’re probably getting that info from us. No one tells them anything.

Also, it’s been mentioned before, but it looked like permits have construction wrapping up by Spring, but that doesn’t take into account testing. I think it was planned for a summer 2021 grand opening... (but of course who knows anymore given the current worldwide situation. Things could always change.)

Good timing that this project started when it did. This could give a nice shot in the arm for Universal attendance next year if Fauci is right, and a vaccine is 'probably' ready to go in Fall 2020 or early 2021.

Reactions: alias8703
Good timing that this project started when it did. This could give a nice shot in the arm for Universal attendance next year if Fauci is right, and a vaccine is 'probably' ready to go in Fall 2020 or early 2021.

I'm just not confident in an effective one being ready by then.

I'm just not confident in an effective one being ready by then.
There's something like nine different ones that have the potential to come in during that time period. That's probably why Fauci, and others, are 'hopefully' confident. The numbers presage a positive outcome.Good betting odds. ...and the Coaster will be in the 'right place at the right time' as a perfectly timed new attraction if all goes well. You couldn't write a better disaster story if you tried.

There's something like nine different ones that have the potential to come in during that time period. That's probably why Fauci, and others, are 'hopefully' confident. The numbers presage a positive outcome.Good betting odds. ...and the Coaster will be in the 'right place at the right time' as a perfectly timed new attraction if all goes well. You couldn't write a better disaster story if you tried.

Sorry Knoebel's...this will (hopefully) be the true Phoenix.

If the rocks are gray, which I have a feeling they may be, the black set against them may look quite complimentary.

ADMIN EDIT: Video removed. We no longer will allow links to Theme Park Review.

Black Track + Grey Rocks looks fine to me!

I think black was the only option that would work for the area and the park.

It's not really that relevant but I always found it interesting in Rita at Alton Towers that the raised areas of the track are painted green to help it blend into the tree line.

20150608_DSC_4162_tom.jpg

I thought something like that could have been a quirky thing to add to this coaster but that was born out of necessity and on it's own, it does look a little odd.

Stealth's top-hat changes colour on the way up too. Even quoted on their website:
Beyond the unforgettable hydraulic launch system, Stealth’s iconic steel roller coaster track reaches 62.5m into the air, for a bird’s-eye view of the whole theme park. The track blends with the colour of the sky, so riders feel like they’re at one with the clouds.

I doubt Universal will be blending their top hat though. I'm not sure planning considerations/NIMBYS are as much of a thing over there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black Track + Grey Rocks looks fine to me!

Stealth's top-hat changes colour on the way up too. Even quoted on their website:

I doubt Universal will be blending their top hat though. I'm not sure planning considerations/NIMBYS are as much of a thing over there.

I think Universal want this to be visible. It's free advertising.

I wonder how visible it will be when driving north on the I4 towards to Universal or if the volcano will block the view.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: universal_fanatic
I assume they are aiming for the standard Memorial Day Weekend opening.

I don't think it will be ready for Spring Break. I also expect to see the announcement and marketing push to start after the Holidays. They definitely don't want to give anyone an excuse now to postpone their vacation until spring.
Not to get my hopes up, although I LOVE the current River Adventure but realize the possibility for an upgrade isn't super unlikely. With the low crowds/god forbid another closure, I assume since the choice was Coaster or River Adventure update there's zero chance we see River Adventure close at the end of this summer to make next Memorial Day a "Jurassic World" opening? Feels like it'd be a 2022 project at this point but who knows.

Not to get my hopes up, although I LOVE the current River Adventure but realize the possibility for an upgrade isn't super unlikely. With the low crowds/god forbid another closure, I assume since the choice was Coaster or River Adventure update there's zero chance we see River Adventure close at the end of this summer to make next Memorial Day a "Jurassic World" opening? Feels like it'd be a 2022 project at this point but who knows.

I think it's almost definitely the 2022 attraction. Hollywood has shown you need more than just the off season to convert it to JW properly.

I know Universal don't really do announcements anymore (until after a ride has opened at least!) but I could see them announcing the River Adevnture JW upgrade as part of the opening for Velocicoaster.

I think it's almost definitely the 2022 attraction. Hollywood has shown you need more than just the off season to convert it to JW properly.

I know Universal don't really do announcements anymore (until after a ride has opened at least!) but I could see them announcing the River Adevnture JW upgrade as part of the opening for Velocicoaster.
Ya thats my feeling is its the 2022 attraction. Everyhitng else is open/upgraded by Velocicoaster so the land feels less "unfinished", and people have something to come back to. Just still hoping for a good update to the Discovery Center

They’re probably getting that info from us. No one tells them anything.

Also, it’s been mentioned before, but it looked like permits have construction wrapping up by Spring, but that doesn’t take into account testing. I think it was planned for a summer 2021 grand opening... (but of course who knows anymore given the current worldwide situation. Things could always change.)
True enough... anything could change. Whether they got their info from us or possibly it could be ahead of construction because of the park closure and with construction walls down, they could move faster and also not be restricted to only working during certain times; I'm not sure. But I talked to several team members and they were all telling me that late spring is what they're currently projecting. They could have to stop construction for whatever reason...who knows?...

I'm projecting here:

JPRA goes down in Jan. for it's regular refurb, only it's not regular. We end up with a JW lite redo. They change the name to Jurassic World River Expedition. Paint the boats grey, change all the accent colors to blue, swap out all the signage to the JW color/font, and add new narration by Masrani, Claire, and Owen. They also find a way to shoehorn a color changing Indominus Rex into the finally. Other than that, no real changes. (I would pay extra if they were to make the Ultrasaur not look broken for the first 20 secs. that you are looking at it. I'm always like, "Dang, it's broken" 10 secs. later, "yep, broken". 10 secs. after that "OH! It's moving. Haha.")

As far as the rest of the land goes, accent color change to blue, new signage, new arches at both ends of the land. Coke Oasis becomes Isla Nu Bar, Thunder Falls gets a new menu to match the cafe in Hollywood. All done by Memorial Day 2021.

Last edited:
I'm projecting here:

JPRA goes down in Jan. for it's regular refurb, only it's not regular. We end up with a JW lite redo. They change the name to Jurassic World River Expedition. Paint the boats grey, change all the accent colors to blue, swap out all the signage to the JW color/font, and add new narration by Masrani, Claire, and Owen. They also find a way to shoehorn a color changing Indominus Rex into the finally. Other than that, no real changes. (I would pay extra if they were to make the Ultrasaur not look broken for the first 20 secs. that you are looking at it. I'm always like, "Dang, it's broken" 10 secs. later, "yep, broken". 10 secs. after that "OH! It's moving. Haha.")

As far as the rest of the land goes, accent color change to blue, new signage, new arches at both ends of the land. Coke Oasis becomes Isla Nu Bar, Thunder Falls gets a new menu to match the cafe in Hollywood. All done by Memorial Day 2021.
If traveling is okay by next year (relatively) then expect me in Orlando for this if true. If they can expand that final scene to have the rumored new Indo at the end then I'm happy. Puhlenty of Dino action in the ride already. I don't think theres any room for it but it'd be cool to expand the ride by like 1 scene to include the screens scene, more just looking for a slightly longer ride but its already long to begin with so no complaints here if this is what ends up happening. ESPECIALLY if that Indo, and id assume Blue, join in on that finale. Super awesome dark ride then.

Status
Not open for further replies.