The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 435 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been thinking, ever since an app for HHN30 allowing for virtual queues, themed quests, was rumored. They could tie the app into Legendary Truth somehow. Hear me out: The app opens up with the LT logo, Boris Schustler (The Head Guy at LT) pops up and says "Hello. I'm Boris Schustler, I'm with the Legendary Truth, we're an organization dedicated to hunting down paranormal apparitions, we've been getting reports that an intern at Universal Creative has dropped the lantern, causing the Icons of Horror Nights past to be released. Your mission is to investigate each house, and collect information so we can trap these Icons back in the lantern." This is my idea for an HHN app.
Despite all the canonical stuff that’s incorrect in this, I wouldn’t be surprised if Universal attempts something like this in the future. They’ve done interactive scanning before with Horror Unearthed, so implementing it into the app wouldn’t be too far of a stretch.

Combine this concept with the potential “premium night” they were floating last year and it would be a hell of an up-charge.

Despite all the canonical stuff that’s incorrect in this, I wouldn’t be surprised if Universal attempts something like this in the future. They’ve done interactive scanning before with Horror Unearthed, so implementing it into the app wouldn’t be too far of a stretch.

Combine this concept with the potential “premium night” they were floating last year and it would be a hell of an up-charge.
Yeah it would be a pretty cool upcharge.

I doubt that we will see masks for Leatherface that are any different than the ones from the previous TCM houses. Like how the Michael Myers masks were the same for every Halloween house despite the fact that the Halloween 4 mask looks completely different than the original
That H4 mask... *gag*

I guess I imagined that the masks in that house actually matched the one from the movie.

The app idea was never, ever, ever going to be practical in the timeframe they had without it being a total disaster. I'm glad it's being scrapped.
I was intrigued by it but in the back of my mind I always thought "How exactly would this work?"

Reactions: BBPH
Re: no app

I really like the ability to loosely plan the night and then adjust as the night goes on. Skip a house, do one two times back to back, stop and eat, etc etc.

I do theme parks in a pretty regimented way (research, plan, and mostly stick to it but with flexibility) and even I didn’t like the idea of someone else planning it for me in a more firm inflexible way.

How would the soundstage where Ghostbusters was work with switcbacks? I understand the plaza has plenty, but once you get within three or four switchbacks of the house, there really isnt any space to socially distance.

Limited capacity for the event, and redo that area slightly. I don't think I've ever seen that music plaza completely full.

I can't even imagine how the event is going to run without a virtual queue, my guess would be either A social distanced queues with just switchbacks or B. Reduced capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.