Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, it's really gonna suck that RotR will probably skip the transport scene since it doesn't look like Disney is doing pre-shows either. :grumble:

Well, what is the "worst"

uhhhh what?

Edit: Never mind, someone beat me to the punch. Still not sure those dividers are enough to safely make it a mask-free zone though.

Last edited:
Man, it's really gonna suck that RotR will probably skip the transport scene since it doesn't look like Disney is doing pre-shows either. :grumble:
I think it’s likely that it’s gone, but if they’re running the Dinosaur preshow which could easily be summarized as “get ready to go back in time” or any of the Avatar ones (no word on this yet I assume?) there’s a chance it will still be running. Especially if capacity is capped on the ride itself to the point that 5-6 parties per transport doesn’t starve the next queue.

I forget how big the things are inside... don’t know if 7-8 parties is pushing it.

I'm not totally sure they will, there's a way to socially distance in that. They could have not done the Dinosaur preshow but they are doing that one.

I am expecting to see RotR’s Preshows in use. The main reason why HM lost it’s ore Show is because a socially distanced stretching room would make the ride underperform on it’s capacity. Bunches of empty buggies would go by after each room unloaded.
RotR on the other hand has slower dispatches, making it work out a bit better. I’ve heard 6-8 groups per transport.

Also, does anyone know if Mansion’s room is stretched or unstretched?

I think it’s likely that it’s gone, but if they’re running the Dinosaur preshow which could easily be summarized as “get ready to go back in time” or any of the Avatar ones (no word on this yet I assume?) there’s a chance it will still be running. Especially if capacity is capped on the ride itself to the point that 5-6 parties per transport doesn’t starve the next queue.

I forget how big the things are inside... don’t know if 7-8 parties is pushing it.

I'm not totally sure they will, there's a way to socially distance in that. They could have not done the Dinosaur preshow but they are doing that one.

Ok, then that's a little more encouraging! I saw what was going on at Haunted Mansion and figured it meant that all pre-shows were scrapped for the time being (aside from necessary ones like Avatar or Simpsons where they hold you while waiting for the ride).

Orlando Informer community on Facebook is live at the Disney parks now.....A comment by one of the community posters brought a chuckle to me. They said, 'how could anyone stand to wear a mask in that summer heat'. I thought to myself, why would anyone ever want to go to WDW , in the summer, in that oppressive Florida heat/humidity, mask or no mask. :) :lol:

I am expecting to see RotR’s Preshows in use. The main reason why HM lost it’s ore Show is because a socially distanced stretching room would make the ride underperform on it’s capacity. Bunches of empty buggies would go by after each room unloaded.
RotR on the other hand has slower dispatches, making it work out a bit better. I’ve heard 6-8 groups per transport.

Also, does anyone know if Mansion’s room is stretched or unstretched?

The Attractions Magazine livestream showed the room already stretched.

Another interesting thing I caught from that video was that cast members are letting guests wear masks on Splash Mountain. When I went on Jurassic Park a couple weeks back, the team members were actually encouraging people to take off their masks. I wonder if Disney will have a different policy for water rides. So far, I haven’t found any footage coming out of Kali River Rapids.

The Attractions Magazine livestream showed the room already stretched.

Another interesting thing I caught from that video was that cast members are letting guests wear masks on Splash Mountain. When I went on Jurassic Park a couple weeks back, the team members were actually encouraging people to take off their masks. I wonder if Disney will have a different policy for water rides. So far, I haven’t found any footage coming out of Kali River Rapids.

It's been reported that all Splash effects are off on Splash Mountain, and only your group in a log.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
I’m still maintaining that Universal are coming out of this stronger than Disney.

I’ve seen plenty of people slating Disney whole Universal seem to be gaining some new fans. Even some of the hardcore Disney fans have visited Universal and have been pleasantly surprised at how much they enjoyed it.

I’m still maintaining that Universal are coming out of this stronger than Disney.

I’ve seen plenty of people slating Disney whole Universal seem to be gaining some new fans. Even some of the hardcore Disney fans have visited Universal and have been pleasantly surprised at how much they enjoyed it.
Disney people have been migrating to Universal more and more since Potter so it's not like this is a new thing though. Universal has gained market share, although I think if you look at the data, they've stolen more market share from SeaWorld than from Disney.

Yeeeesh. That's a bad look.

In many situations though, I wouldn't say that CM's are all that much better than AP's though, these CM's seem exceedingly young, wannabe Disney Vloggers - one step above a CP.

Oh without a doubt lol. I think what makes it even more baffling is that the lines have been incredibly low for the most part throughout the day, so there's no need to be bunched up like that at all. I'm sure it just reopened after storming or something, but it's still not worth the crowding.

Disney people have been migrating to Universal more and more since Potter so it's not like this is a new thing though. Universal has gained market share, although I think if you look at the data, they've stolen more market share from SeaWorld than from Disney.

It's not new but it does seem to be more prevalent recently although that could be Vloggers trying to get views.

Status
Not open for further replies.