Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, all of this just looks so depressing. Like you're in a prison instead of a theme park.

Will absolutely not be returning until this stuff is over and done with
It really is a sterile, cold feeling. Even at Universal, it was our least enjoyable trip. Still beats being at home, but not seeing people smile or hearing them laugh just made for an odd day at a park.

If this is someone's first trip, I don't see how you wouldn't come away hating it.

Still not sure those dividers are enough to safely make it a mask-free zone though.
Lol- how? They would have to lean around outside of the vehicle and cough in your row. Masks would be overkill in that environment (unless you're trying to prevent surface spread; but I believe they clean after every trip).

No preshow at FoP? Im Pro-COVID now.

Guarantee it was down or closed and they opened it up, and everyone pushed to the front.
@Disneyhead and I saw this first hand at Hagrid's. We had our nice, socially distanced queue waiting outside the rope before the lockers while it was down for weather delay that wrapped near Mystic fountain. Then, as they started opening, people who weren't in line started merging in where they could so everyone started squeezing in to not lose their place (which we all did). This is going to happen in rare moments. Nothing anyone will be able to do about it.

It's not new but it does seem to be more prevalent recently although that could be Vloggers trying to get views.
It was the only theme park open. Theme park websites needed new content weather they were a dsieny site or note and Universal gave it to them.

Earlier today, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis extended the state of emergency for another 60 days. This means that the Tri-State travel restrictions have been extended as well.

Guests coming from the Tri-State area (New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut) are required to self-isolate for 14 days, or the duration of their stay in Florida, whichever is shorter. The Tri-State travel restrictions are tied to the state of emergency expiration, which was originally set to expire today. By extending the state of emergency, the travel restrictions are extended as well.

Disney has stated that guests who are under quarantine or isolation orders will not be allowed to visit Walt Disney World.

That Mine Train queue picture (while not good) is 100% the exception and not the rule. In fact, it is the only distancing violation that was even close to egregious that I've seen today. I have seen dozens of photos like that from UOR and what feels like hundreds from other parks. The fact that we've only had one of those photos from Disney is a welcome surprise.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
That Mine Train queue picture (while not good) is 100% the exception and not the rule. In fact, it is the only distancing violation that was even close to egregious that I've seen today. I have seen dozens of photos like that from UOR and what feels like hundreds from other parks. The fact that we've only had one of those photos from Disney is a welcome surprise.
The no parades and no fireworks (along with early closing) will help, too. Although I definitely have to say, the second pic in particular from Orlando Informer reminds me of a Prison:

FWIW some people I know are saying they’ve never seen this during their visit today and this might be a one off.
They were wearing masks and outdoors, so lack of social distancing doesn't matter anyway at that point and doesn't spread. Right, Joe?

• Haha
Reactions: tielo
Lol- how? They would have to lean around outside of the vehicle and cough in your row. Masks would be overkill in that environment (unless you're trying to prevent surface spread; but I believe they clean after every trip).

That's my main concern in that we don't know how extensive the wipe-downs are just yet between each cycle. And if the virus is truly airborne as may be believed now, then that could throw in some complications on a moving vehicle.

That's my main concern in that we don't know how extensive the wipe-downs are just yet between each cycle. And if the virus is truly airborne as may be believed now, then that could throw in some complications on a moving vehicle.
For Kilimanjaro, I would hope it's after every ride since it's a solid 15-20 minute ride depending on how the animals are acting. They are wiping down BTM lap bars every 20 minutes, so following that logic, they should just be wiping down once every truck comes in.

Mental + physical health. Being outside the house for a prolonged period of time in a safe(r) environment is a good escape for some right now.
Yes. Makes perfect sense for a local, or someone that lives within a few hours of the parks. For a tourist from far away, it makes very little sense. Save your money and come back for a full experience in 10-12 months.

Yes. Makes perfect sense for a local, or someone that lives within a few hours of the parks. For a tourist from far away, it makes very little sense. Save your money and come back for a full experience in 10-12 months.
Bingo. Anyone that would need to fly to get to WDW probably shouldn’t be going. Will that stop people? Absolutely not unfortunately.

I have very low concerns about people catching the virus at WDW or UOR proper (SeaWorld, Fun Spot, and Friends are up for Debate). However, I think there is a pretty good chance people will be catching it on the packed planes to and from Orlando or at the myriad of improperly spaced/handled shops off of the properties. In turn, this could up the chances of spread in a WDW restaurant or something along those lines.

Also, WDW making some of their mask free areas indoors is a really ballsy move... that might actually work out for the best. Sure, that ramps up the chance of exposure to those that use the areas, but it also gives an area with peak comfort to remove the mask, making it a little more appealing for a mask Break. Maybe even enough to get people to wait for the relaxation zone instead of trying to grab a breath of AC in line for a ride or in a shop.

I mean... tourists from far away are likely not coming anyway. So I don't think it's much a concern.

I'd assume most have already rebooked 10-12 months out. I feel the only people likely coming on trips still are Americans.

But is it even worth discussing? People will decide for themselves if it is worth it or not right now.

I mean... tourists from far away are likely not coming anyway. So I don't think it's much a concern.

I'd assume most have already rebooked 10-12 months out. I feel the only people likely coming on trips still are Americans.

But is it even worth discussing? People will decide for themselves if it is worth it or not right now.
People will be coming in for the reopening, I have no doubt (probably by car, mostly). That's just how Disney people are. But aside from that, there's really no international travel that can even happen and Florida isn't a place most people want to be right now, so yeah, they'll be just like Universal after the first few weeks and be relying on those AP holders. I think the reservation system will eventually be wide open to where AP's will be able to choose to go to whatever park they want to whenever before too long, as they won't have anyone else coming in.

People will be coming in for the reopening, I have no doubt (probably by car, mostly). That's just how Disney people are. But aside from that, there's really no international travel that can even happen and Florida isn't a place most people want to be right now, so yeah, they'll be just like Universal after the first few weeks and be relying on those AP holders. I think the reservation system will eventually be wide open to where AP's will be able to choose to go to whatever park they want to whenever before too long, as they won't have anyone else coming in.

Totally. But with travel restrictions in place for the foreseeable future, and I assume most countries advising to avoid travel to the US right now, I really don't even know when you may start seeing out of country tourists en masse again.

Yeeeesh. That's a bad look.

In many situations though, I wouldn't say that CM's are all that much better than AP's though, these CM's seem exceedingly young, wannabe Disney Vloggers - one step above a CP.

Well, think of it as a dress rehearsal or something. Cast members can very easily become John Q Public, they are sometimes asked to (I would guess) as it helps fill in the playbook for when the real thing starts.

I’m still maintaining that Universal are coming out of this stronger than Disney.

I’ve seen plenty of people slating Disney whole Universal seem to be gaining some new fans. Even some of the hardcore Disney fans have visited Universal and have been pleasantly surprised at how much they enjoyed it.
Disney people have been migrating to Universal more and more since Potter so it's not like this is a new thing though. Universal has gained market share, although I think if you look at the data, they've stolen more market share from SeaWorld than from Disney.

I think we were typical (if you leave my wife's and my own personal experiences as Floridians before we met)...well, we went to Disney from the time our Daughter was 11 months to around six years old. We did not go to UoR until she was tall enough to ride Forbidden Journey. We were then UoR passholders for five or six years, we currently have no APs to any park.

It certainly doesn't look like an experience they should be charging full price for, especially with no parades and fireworks. But these are the time's we're living in.

I thought full price at Disney tried to get you on like five or so rides?

I do not know what the future brings. How do all those DVC folks use up their points to be in the bubble, how does the bubble keep enough Employees when everyones pool consist of '....a Florida man....'

Hey, I am one, but I just do not know what to say.

We order some sushi fusion that I picked up and we ate out in our courtyard by our pool. I think I would go to UNI if we were still passholders...just to walk, maybe shop, not sure I would ride anything indoors, but that is me.

Looking at all the tweet pics, I can’t help wondering if Disney over-imagineered this. Some of it appears claustrophobic as hell, and as some have said, created little air pocket tunnels. Unlike Universal, this setup screams, “you are in grave danger!!!”.

I don’t think the Imagineers had anything to do with it. In fact they are probably sobbing in a corner somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.