Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally. But with travel restrictions in place for the foreseeable future, and I assume most countries advising to avoid travel to the US right now, I really don't even know when you may start seeing out of country tourists en masse again.

The UK/EU have opened up travel safe zones and USA is not on that list, USA is actively being discouraged by some agents down to how bad the cases are currently, it'll be 'local' US travellers for a little while, we postponed our trip to WDW 50th just before they changed the ticket rules, don't want to take any risks on an 8 hour trans atlantic flight :ack:

Reactions: RevFreako
Texas Medical Association released guidelines on risk associated with certain activities...

I am surprised that grocery shopping is only a 3 on the risk scale. I work in a grocery store. Many of my co workers seem to be willing to go back to theme parks. They view it as not that much more dangerous than their jobs.

Reactions: rinacee and Mad Dog
I am surprised that grocery shopping is only a 3 on the risk scale. I work in a grocery store. Many of my co workers seem to be willing to go back to theme parks. They view it as not that much more dangerous than their jobs.
I think that ranking was made under the assumption that the mask conditions were the same at all of them (ex. rated as though there were no masks/distancing measures or all masks/distancing measures). The reality of it is that some places, like top tier amusement/theme parks, put in 10x the effort seen by most places, making them safer. Now, if you were comparing a local, mostly maskless grocery store to something like Hershey Park or Lagoon, then I'd say that evaluation is fair.

Cast Member previews are today ahead of Downtown Disney's opening tomorrow. According to the OC Register, here are the locations that will be open. Also worth noting that The VOID will not be returning to Downtown Disney due to a license termination.
Food and Beverage
  • Asian Street Eats
  • Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes
  • California Churro
  • Earl of Sandwich
  • Jamba
  • Kayla’s Cakes
  • Marceline’s Confectionery
  • Naples Ristorante e Bar
  • Salt & Straw
  • Starbucks
  • Starbucks West
  • Uva Bar & Cafe
  • Wetzel’s Pretzels
  • Wetzel’s Diggity Dog

Retail shops
  • Curl Surf
  • Disney Dress Shop
  • Disney Home
  • Disney’s Pin Traders
  • Lego Store
  • Pandora Jewelry
  • Rinse Bath & Body Co.
  • Sephora
  • Sugarboo & Co.
  • Sunglass Icon
  • WonderGround Gallery
  • World of Disney

Quick, someone warn Tim Tracker...

This is a good move. While gaiters are comfortable to wear, they can slip off VERY easily after prolonged use. Earlier I was wearing a thick thermal one in Publix that fits my face very well, and once I was returning to my car after 20-25 minutes, it was starting to dislodge. I would never consider wearing a gaiter to a theme park where it could slip mid-ride on a coaster or simulator.

Reactions: Mad Dog
This is a good move. While gaiters are comfortable to wear, they can slip off VERY easily after prolonged use. Earlier I was wearing a thick thermal one in Publix that fits my face very well, and once I was returning to my car after 20-25 minutes, it was starting to dislodge. I would never consider wearing a gaiter to a theme park where it could slip mid-ride on a coaster or simulator.

strange, I wear my gaiter over my face mask when I go inside as it pushes my facemask tighter around my mouth and nose, this also gives my ears cover. Have I been doing it wrong? I thought it was just another tool for when I feel I've been inside too long.

strange, I wear my gaiter over my face mask when I go inside as it pushes my facemask tighter around my mouth and nose, this also gives my ears cover. Have I been doing it wrong? I thought it was just another tool for when I feel I've been inside too long.
I should add that I wore glasses today :lol: Before going into the store I tried wearing it directly below my eyes and over my ears, but that didn't work with my eyeglasses. Normally when I wear this, I have contacts in and can wear it higher. That said, imagine how many people that wear gaiters deal with this issue. It's easy to see why Disney is banning them

Reactions: Frank Drackman
I should add that I wore glasses today :lol: Before going into the store I tried wearing it directly below my eyes and over my ears, but that didn't work with my eyeglasses. Normally when I wear this, I have contacts in and can wear it higher. That said, imagine how many people that wear gaiters deal with this issue. It's easy to see why Disney is banning them

I hadn’t worn my contacts for 8 months until 5 weeks ago. It used to be vanity, but now it’s because of fog... and maybe a tiny bit of vanity. Interesting that disney nixed the gaitors right after it was reported that they are second only to bandanas as being the worst at preventing spread. Too thin and porous perhaps.

Cast Member previews are today ahead of Downtown Disney's opening tomorrow. According to the OC Register, here are the locations that will be open. Also worth noting that The VOID will not be returning to Downtown Disney due to a license termination.

So is The Void not returning to Disney Springs as well?

So is The Void not returning to Disney Springs as well?

That’s a good question. Information about Anaheim’s location has been scarce and I haven’t heard anything about Florida.

Some photos came out a week or so ago of the Anaheim location with the license termination paperwork on the doors. So far the OC Register is the only trustworthy outlet that has confirmed that it’s gone.

Reactions: SpyderDan
I use a gaiter and wear glasses. Summer in Florida is just a game of going out from the AC and wondering when my glasses will warm enough to clear. The gaiter really hasn't changed that and I find the fogging to a little annoying but certainly not a deal breaker but I don't have a problem with it moving around.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life

I wear a gaiter to Universal and it's never fallen off. I have no problems wearing it for extended periods of time.

I’ve never had a problem with my gaiter slipping - it’s better than my other masks honestly.

I suspect the ban is because they aren’t as effective as most regular masks - I picked some up specifically for parks because they’re more comfortable and I can wash it out throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.