Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

I'm for sure going to miss this, and it's kinda disappointing that a horror-based attraction is being phased out yet again, Regardless of the theme.

That’s the tragedy of attractions. The cycle never ends. People complain that said attraction exists and when it’s removed, they mourn its loss. Appreciate what you have now.

To speak of the subject--as it's..an interesting one now considering the takedown of mazes and cancellation immiment of HHN2020, the question I'd have..lies more to The Walking Dead Attraction.

Unlike anything--The Walking Dead Attraction was the only thing that was "tentatively" confirmed for HHN2020, when they announced the closure of The Walking Dead Attraction. But now with the event in the bin, the question I'd ask, is what will happen to The Walking Dead Attraction? Will they keep the maze within it in-tact and spend the upkeep costs to keep it for the 2021 event, or would they transition the venue to a multi-space venue, that'd remove any trace of The Walking Dead Attraction by the end of the year?

It's one of those question's I'm more interested in speaking of--especially right now with the park closed. Perhaps they can silently remove it and remove anything related to it?

To speak of the subject--as it's..an interesting one now considering the takedown of mazes and cancellation immiment of HHN2020, the question I'd have..lies more to The Walking Dead Attraction.

Unlike anything--The Walking Dead Attraction was the only thing that was "tentatively" confirmed for HHN2020, when they announced the closure of The Walking Dead Attraction. But now with the event in the bin, the question I'd ask, is what will happen to The Walking Dead Attraction? Will they keep the maze within it in-tact and spend the upkeep costs to keep it for the 2021 event, or would they transition the venue to a multi-space venue, that'd remove any trace of The Walking Dead Attraction by the end of the year?

It's one of those question's I'm more interested in speaking of--especially right now with the park closed. Perhaps they can silently remove it and remove anything related to it?
I could see them choosing to expedite the process of turning it into a multi-space venue. Yes, they lose an HHN maze, but the Upper Lot currently lacks a large, indoor space, which Social Distancing has suddenly made much more valuable.

I could see them choosing to expedite the process of turning it into a multi-space venue. Yes, they lose an HHN maze, but the Upper Lot currently lacks a large, indoor space, which Social Distancing has suddenly made much more valuable.

If I was Universal, and Murdy to some extent..I'd transform it into a multi-space venue, and that until the summer of 2021, is used as a rest zone for social distancing and allowing people to relax.

I do see it being used for HHN, just not in a permanent way like how TWDA was. Plus, it'd allow them to still use the space for the sake of other times in the year.

If I was Universal, and Murdy to some extent..I'd transform it into a multi-space venue, and that until the summer of 2021, is used as a rest zone for social distancing and allowing people to relax.

I do see it being used for HHN, just not in a permanent way like how TWDA was. Plus, it'd allow them to still use the space for the sake of other times in the year.
It would depend on what they want to do with the space. If they plan on using it exactly like the Globe Theater, with kitchens and whatnot, then I don't know if they would try to put a maze in there. But if they kept it more flexible/bare-bones, like they have with Soundstage 29, then it's a possibility. It would also depend on the entrances/exits, which would influence how the queue is designed. If memory serves, most of the current queue is inside the building, but during HHN they build a little outside too. If they have a Parisian Maze again, they wouldn't want the queue for one to compete with the other for space.

It would depend on what they want to do with the space. If they plan on using it exactly like the Globe Theater, with kitchens and whatnot, then I don't know if they would try to put a maze in there. But if they kept it more flexible/bare-bones, like they have with Soundstage 29, then it's a possibility. It would also depend on the entrances/exits, which would influence how the queue is designed. If memory serves, most of the current queue is inside the building, but during HHN they build a little outside too. If they have a Parisian Maze again, they wouldn't want the queue for one to compete with the other for space.

If I was universal--it'd be more of a replacement of the Parisian Courtyard venue. In turn--it'd basically allow Universal to not lose an HHN maze, and giving them the chance of not having to worry as much for future changing of the Upper Lot.

Guys, a reminder that indoor relaxation zones are probably... not safe. Anywhere you're taking your mask off where air is recirculated has been established as a danger zone. Frankly, I think it's grossly irresponsible Disney has had any "relaxation zones" that are located indoors.

Which is to say I don't see The Walking Dead getting turned into an indoor relaxation zone. As a flex space, it's actually fairly limited due to the awkwardness of its location. I could see them mothballing it until HHN 2021.

Yeah, this needs to be an HHN venue if Uni wants to start taking that event more seriously. Not to mention this area gets super crowded during HHN and is a terrible spot for a tribute store.

This is my whole thing, I don't get the whole saving spaces for a two month event. I love HHN but to not make this into a attraction (more then enough space for a Sing show) or a tribute store so that is can be a maze for two months? For me I'd vote against it to have something that will be there everyday. USH needs wayyyy more attractions then to save space for events

This is my whole thing, I don't get the whole saving spaces for a two month event. I love HHN but to not make this into a attraction (more then enough space for a Sing show) or a tribute store so that is can be a maze for two months? For me I'd vote against it to have something that will be there everyday. USH needs wayyyy more attractions then to save space for events
I get where you're coming from, but what can you put in that space? Another simulator? A show where there's barely even enough space for the audience or the performers? I think saving it as a flex venue for HHN and other events is the best possible option for that tiny space.

You know, it's a little annoying when you look at Florida getting tribute stores for days when you have this vacant space just sitting there, waiting to be used.

If they're really so concerned about spending money on making it happen, why couldn't they just keep some of the TWDA sets and maker it a "generic" HHN tribute store? Sure, it wouldn't be perfect, but it would give that space some purpose.