Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience (LA)

For $59 and an hour long experience, sounds cool.
Will try to grab a ticket before it sells out.

Definitely interesting, since with how much money netflix has to throw around this probably has a decently high budget, though I'm cautiously skeptical about a lot of these drive through experiences, since a lot of them are charging a pretty hefty sum for something thats a relatively new concept.

If someone ends up going grab a video, I’m curious to see how it comes out!

On the one hand the Stronger things mazes at Hollywoods HHN sucked.....the other hand this could be amazing if well done

We had a walk-through experience of this in London (pre-pandemic), it wasn't the best because you were tasked with solving clues etc which would take you to different areas but because there were different roles and different clues you went to different areas and there was no indication of how to get into certain areas so we missed the lab and potentially other areas, I hope the drive-thru will lends itself better because the sets were really cool!

Looking forward to checking this out! SoCal has two drive thru haunts announced now. This and Urban Legend of Southern California at OC Fair Grounds.

Kinda wild that Universal didn’t think to attempt something similar five months ago. Could easily go in a parking garage.

Depending on how Secret Cinema handles the process (as they've done interactive experiences before with films like Blade Runner and Alien), it may of been a matter of..things not really working out as well as they would've.

Kinda wild that Universal didn’t think to attempt something similar five months ago. Could easily go in a parking garage.

I made a similar comment in the HHNH thread, and the reaction seemed to be that they wouldn’t risk having another performer getting killed like with what happened in 1986.

The safety guidelines of the two drive thru haunts I’ve seen so far indicate cars must be turned off during show scenes, which was what I suggested Universal should do.

I made a similar comment in the HHNH thread, and the reaction seemed to be that they wouldn’t risk having another performer getting killed like with what happened in 1986.

The safety guidelines of the two drive thru haunts I’ve seen so far indicate cars must be turned off during show scenes, which was what I suggested Universal should do.

Yeah, I don't think our union ever would've allowed it.

When Alexander said they did a bladrunner type event...I had to look it up. Too bad they made this event so hard to see footage of....looks amazing

Reactions: DTH
Anyone snag tickets for this?
Tickets went out EARLY yesterday instead of the announced "12 PM on Wednesday" so it's now sold out until (last I checked) late November.
Saw the email yesterday while I was busy so I didn't get a chance to jump on it.
When you go on to the site now, it says tickets are available for October 28th for $90 but then once you click, it doesn't work.
Awful.
UPDATE: Got the site working and now it's sold out until DECEMBER 20th. Apparently this event goes all the way into January, maybe even February? More and more dates keep loading, so I'm not even sure.
Also, ticketing prices are so bogus. Cheaper Wednesday tickets are actually only for earlier times that day. 6 PM it's 59 but if you try for 8 PM, it jumps up an extra 10.
They've already pissed me off and it hasn't even opened yet. Won't be attending this.

Last edited:
Anyone snag tickets for this?
Tickets went out EARLY yesterday instead of the announced "12 PM on Wednesday" so it's now sold out until (last I checked) late November.
Saw the email yesterday while I was busy so I didn't get a chance to jump on it.
When you go on to the site now, it says tickets are available for October 28th for $90 but then once you click, it doesn't work.
Awful.
UPDATE: Got the site working and now it's sold out until DECEMBER 20th. Apparently this event goes all the way into January, maybe even February? More and more dates keep loading, so I'm not even sure.
Also, ticketing prices are so bogus. Cheaper Wednesday tickets are actually only for earlier times that day. 6 PM it's 59 but if you try for 8 PM, it jumps up an extra 10.
They've already pissed me off and it hasn't even opened yet. Won't be attending this.

Same thing happened for me. Plus, they’ve already extended this into Christmas with time slots selling out up until Dec. 20. What really turned me off to the idea of paying for this were the reviews for Fever online. Doesn’t seem like you’ll be able to get a refund or switch dates if needed.

I got lucky with an early ticket release email and am set for late October. They are casting a lot of live actors, FWIW, so this won't be SFX-only.