Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

I'd honestly bet whatever it is won't be fried chicken since theres already a kfc in citywalk, admittedly of questionable quality. I cant even really think of any other quick service chicken places besides chick fil a that are really popular enough to justify putting there, and i dont think chick fil a is what theyll go with both because of the controversy and the fact the seating in that area probably couldnt accommodate its popularity. If it does end up being fried chicken, i expect it to be another lesser known chain like ludo bird was or maybe hot chicken like I think someone mentioned a few pages back.

Maybe Popeye's chicken sandwich only (no fried chicken), which I think is better than Chick-fil-A. Or local favorites like Dave's Hot Chicken or Howlin' Ray's.

Maybe Popeye's chicken sandwich only (no fried chicken), which I think is better than Chick-fil-A. Or local favorites like Dave's Hot Chicken or Howlin' Ray's.
I'd be down for this they would need more seating, but very much be happy with this

EdiT...Just sandwitches? No way give me the menu

I'd be down for this they would need more seating, but very much be happy with this

EdiT...Just sandwitches? No way give me the menu

I don't think the LudoBird kitchen is big enough to support Popeyes' full menu so perhaps just the regular/spicy chicken sandwiches and sides, although I sort of feel a large fast food chain should go upstairs at CityFood.

A manager at the Production Central store at Citywalk confirmed it'll be Firehouse Subs. Higher up than the Dippin' Dots guy, but a more credible source. Admittedly unverified, of course. But it does make a lot of sense. Regional chains seem to be the rage lately (The Habit, Pinks, and VooDoo leading the charge), and I'm okay with that over a national chain I can get literally anywhere else.

I don't know if they really could put a Raising Caine's in the old Ludo Bird space. It likely is way too small, and my own wishful thinking. But if they can make it happen, I bet it would have lines that would rival VooDoo.

On a side note, anyone know why Panda at Citywalk hasn't opened? Is that possibly going away as well? Again, total speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me. Extended closures seem to be an ominous sign. Same with the Poke place.

Regional chains seem to be the rage lately (The Habit, Pinks, and VooDoo leading the charge), and I'm okay with that over a national chain I can get literally anywhere else.

This makes so much sense and, if it's the case, I'm glad to see it. I think it's so silly that people will travel hundreds, if not thousands of miles, just to eat the same food they eat at home. I'd definitely be down to see more regional flavors on CityWalk.

On a side note, anyone know why Panda at Citywalk hasn't opened? Is that possibly going away as well? Again, total speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me. Extended closures seem to be an ominous sign. Same with the Poke place.

It could be, but I think it's more likely that there isn't enough space behind the counter and in the restaurant to stay properly distanced from one another. I never tried the Poke place, so I'm not sure what their set-up was like, but I remember things being pretty cramped in Panda Express.

I stopped by Citywalk today for a short visit. Must say, I was disappointed by the number of people not following guidelines and the lack of enforcement. Multiple people walking the wrong way against the markers. A few people taking off face masks for photos. Security guards conversing in a walk way blocking guest flow.

I was so impressed by my first trip back that this is a let down. Also the entrance/exit into Citywalk from Jurassic parking was the same narrow corridor. C’mon Universal!

. Higher up than the Dippin' Dots guy [Same with the Poke place.]

I took out a lot of the text but there's a dippin dots place, and a poke place? Admittedly I've only been to citywalk four times and two of those times were just walking by to get into the park.

I stopped by Citywalk today for a short visit. Must say, I was disappointed by the number of people not following guidelines and the lack of enforcement. Multiple people walking the wrong way against the markers. A few people taking off face masks for photos. Security guards conversing in a walk way blocking guest flow.

I was so impressed by my first trip back that this is a let down. Also the entrance/exit into Citywalk from Jurassic parking was the same narrow corridor. C’mon Universal!

Don’t see a issue if people are taking their masks off to take a pic as long as they are 6 feet away from you. And let’s be honest nobody is following the markers anywhere. The only markers people follow is the distance marker. To me a marker that says to go one way and another is nonsense.

Don’t see a issue if people are taking their masks off to take a pic as long as they are 6 feet away from you. And let’s be honest nobody is following the markers anywhere. The only markers people follow is the distance marker. To me a marker that says to go one way and another is nonsense.

The walking was also common sense. People walking on the left side of pathways against on coming “traffic”.

Last time I was there a few weeks ago one security guard was super strict about face masks, even for photos. The rule is you can have it down for food or beverages. These looked like groups of friends taking each other’s photos.

Outside of The studio store, NBC Grill and (future) Chocolate Feast Kitchen, what restaurant concepts are wholy Universal owned in Citywalk?

It seems like they are moving in the direction of their own concepts so a Doc Brown's chicken isn't a totally crazy idea...