#HHNForever - Orlando 2020 | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

#HHNForever - Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
IP contracts would have to get renegotiated for non-HHN use.

I expect Captured and Lives. Maybe Revenge.

The soundstage houses have facades, which is an important consideration for what houses get used.
I just went back and saw this. Is Captured,Lives, and Revenge code words for this years houses?

I’ve got to say that today has been a pretty rough day with all of this speculation. I had fully accepted that a trip this year wasn’t happening and I was able to get refunds on flights and hotels and everything. And now it looks like there’s a chance that I’ll have to try and squeeze in a trip down in a few weeks to (possibly) avoid missing out on the Icons and Anniversary house that I had already accepted that we would see next year. What a whirlwind. Since some of you have basically said if they open any houses this year then they definitely won’t be coming back next year, then I have to try and make a trip down work. Ugh

I know there’s a lot of new speculation and wait and see right now. But anyone have a guess when (if anything happens ) we’d hear the plans?

Not codes.

Bride of Frankenstein Lives
HHN Icons Captured
Revenge of the Tooth Fairy

They’re out there, kids.

I remember you mentioning Lives in the HW section, though Captured and Revenge are new to me. An that is a -very- interesting angle on Captured!

Might explain why Fear has a sizable role in that house? Or could it be more LT's doing?

while I do not completely know all of the old lore for the icons and everything it seems to me if they are captured we are traveling inside the lantern and that could possibly be our facade

*Nostalgia intensifies*

That lantern, it makes sense we'd be traveling in it. But remember the days on the forums when everyone swore they saw a icon or two in the lantern itself on the site, or when a puff a fire shot out from the lantern? Seeing Elvis or Jesus on a piece of toast had nothing on that.

*Nostalgia intensifies*

That lantern, it makes sense we'd be traveling in it. But remember the days on the forums when everyone swore they saw a icon or two in the lantern itself on the site, or when a puff a fire shot out from the lantern? Seeing Elvis or Jesus on a piece of toast had nothing on that.
Except, that’s exactly what they were doing.

And screw it.

All original house names:

Bride of Frankenstein Lives
HHN Icons: Captured
Revenge of the Tooth Fairy
Puppet Theatre: Captive Audience
The Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin
Welcome to (S)Carey: Horror in the Heartland

CHAOS!

Last edited:
Decided that whatever Universal comes up with for an "HHN" experience this year that I'll definitely not be going.
I won't support this blasphemy.
Bottom line is that to us and GP THIS will always act as HHN 30, even if they advertise it as such next year and dub it something else this year. I believe that releasing the Throwback content this year and possibly recycling it next year is straight idiotic. After all, Icon's Captured and Carey is what will make HHN 30, Horror nights 30. It's very clear to me and to most fans that those houses were designed for HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 30, not whatever this get rich quick scheme Uni is dreaming of. And I definitely think they all ready have things planned, they've made up there mind, the emails they sent to scare actors is proof of this. Come end of September it will start, and run through October, maybe it will have less dates than HHN? Who knows, expect an announcement or more leaks from people who are hired to do the job by the end of this week. Universal has straight flipped the books and pulled out a reverse card from their deck. "HHN" will rise again this year in a pretty different way than what we are use to seeing, and I don't need to see anything to make my decision, I will not be attending this year if it means the possible early showcase of next years event.
#HHN2021

P.S. I totally could be ranting and raving over nothing and be wrong about literally everything I just said, (Except my attendance, I still refuse to go.) I made a bet with @Legacy at the beginning of the season over Blood N Gutz and I was wrong as all hell so don't take it as anything but my own thoughts.

I have to admit, all of this speculation has me very bummed. I'm one of those out of state folks who literally can't step foot in Florida unless I plan on locking down for two weeks afterward, or pay a $2,000 fine. All of the houses rumored to be opened up are literally the only ones I wanted to see (I'm that small fraction of folks that really don't get too excited for the IPs and prefer the originals). It sucks that they're going to run the anniversary houses in a scaled down event and move on to new stuff next year.

I have to admit, all of this speculation has me very bummed. I'm one of those out of state folks who literally can't step foot in Florida unless I plan on locking down for two weeks afterward, or pay a $2,000 fine. All of the houses rumored to be opened up are literally the only ones I wanted to see (I'm that small fraction of folks that really don't get too excited for the IPs and prefer the originals). It sucks that they're going to run the anniversary houses in a scaled down event and move on to new stuff next year.

I'm with you. If they just came out and said that any house they are doing this year will return for next year's event, I'd have a totally different outlook on this whole thing. But even though I'm going to do everything I can to try and come down this year, I agree that this does put a sour taste in my mouth.

i for one can not see them moving onto new stuff next year. next year will still be branded HHN30 and then i think they will get away from numbering the event. there is so much uncertainty this year with everything so I’m sure they are going to do the best they can with what they have. the rumors i’ve heard is that it’s going to be a preview type event with very limited scare actors and effects...almost like a lights on tour but with a few scare actors. then come next year the event will go full blown and you’ll get to experience the houses in all of their glory. some things might change but more then likely for the better. have faith, this is no different then if the event was to go on and never get canceled in the first place and people weren’t able to make it and stuff did actually change next season.

Why does everybody feel so entitled? Yes we all enjoy hhn a lot but the event is not for us it’s a way to make money. If universal feels they can safely operate a few haunted house as a way to make a little money that’s their choice. Just like it’s your choice to attend or not too. I see all of these out of state guests complaining and while yes it is annoying it’s out of nowhere it still allows people time to book a last min vacation.

Why does everybody feel so entitled? Yes we all enjoy hhn a lot but the event is not for us it’s a way to make money. If universal feels they can safely operate a few haunted house as a way to make a little money that’s their choice. Just like it’s your choice to attend or not too. I see all of these out of state guests complaining and while yes it is annoying it’s out of nowhere it still allows people time to book a last min vacation.
Because there’s a friggin pandemic

Is it enough time? Seeing that there has been absolutely no official information released as to what/ where/when/how things will be happening, and many of us already have time requested off of work in the next two weeks, it's not a whole lot of time to get things changed (again) after they already said that it was cancelled for the year.