#HHNForever - Orlando 2020 | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

#HHNForever - Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To add onto the Shrek point, Ringwraith threw out earlier that Eilish seems to be cut entirely.

At least, that was the implication I got.
You may laugh, but Billie’s house was honestly the one I was most interested in seeing.

If you haven’t already, you guys should
listen to WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? It’s nowhere near as hard as the likes of Zombie or Cooper, but it’s still super-atmospheric, and combined with her stage presence, it totally makes sense for her to have a house.

Lest we forget how many 16-to-25-year-olds come to HHN too...I’m one of them.

You may laugh, but Billie’s house was honestly the one I was most interested in seeing.

If you haven’t already, you guys should
listen to WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? It’s nowhere near as hard as the likes of Zombie or Cooper, but it’s still super-atmospheric, and combined with her stage presence, it totally makes sense for her to have a house.

Lest we forget how many 16-to-25-year-olds come to HHN too...I’m one of them.

Honestly, I am on your side here. I was expecting an interesting aesthetic to the whole thing. If it’s gone, oh well.

Also, I am in full agreement with the “HHN / Halloween being Christmas” point as me and my father, who do the event together every year, have both expressed that point in that exact wording.

who do the event together every year, have both expressed that point in that exact wording.
Hold onto your dad. I’m glad you guys have that tradition together.

My first HHN was last year; before then, I was scared to go and was kinda just going the motions whenever I made a trek to the parks during the day. One night, said “what the Hell”, and met up with some TM friends...it was the charge I needed to reinvest myself into Universal. Best time in the parks I’ve had in YEARS.

Best part was definitely all the “you can only do this here” moments; nowhere else in the world can I get a “fin-bump” from the Gill-man and get a photo with Columbus and Little Rock from Zombieland.

I know Beetlejuice would need it's contract taken care of, but was it's house pretty much complete? I know HoHH is right out since that one got yanked before HHN cancelled.
All but Eilish and, I think, TCM were complete. Guests ready. The only quirk is facades. Everything internal was good to go.
It's hard to get across how much Orlando loves its' Halloween. I've not met a city more pumped for the season than this one. Maybe it's the fact that Florida has some pretty non winter-y Winter, so Christmas spirit is a little tougher to come by. I think HHN has become so cemented in the local scene, especially for young adults, that cancelling HHN is like cancelling Christmas for a lot of people.
LA will likely disagree. They literally have dozens of stand-alone haunts. They easily triple the amount of “Halloween” that Central Florida does. Apart from HHN, most people in Central Florida can’t name anything else.

Last edited:
All but Eilish and, I think, TCM were complete. Guests ready. The only quick is facades. Everything internal was good to go.

LA will likely disagree. They literally have dozens of stand-alone haunts. They easily triple the amount of “Halloween” that Central Florida does. Apart from HHN, most people in Central Florida can’t name anything else.

Good to know, hoping for the best on BJ, especially with all the merch getting sold.

An fully agreed on LA/SoCal being into Halloween. Besides HHN and KSF, you have all the stand-alone haunts, and on top of that you have all the awesome home-haunts. They really go all-out.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I really hate the idea that we may never get to see the beetlejuice house. Billie is extremely odd to not comeback next year solely for how big of a IP it would be this year so not sure why it wouldn’t be back. Texas don’t really care one way or the other

Catching up on the craziness (honestly I have not been reading the forums to constantly get reminded of missing HHN this year):

• Has anything really changed drastically since they canceled the event? Bringing back any type of "Halloween Horror Nights" outside of the Tribute Store or a nighttime "scare zone" style event (a la Mardi Gras) just seems completely unrealistic and overly hopeful.
  • Concerns for daytime guests and HHN being mixed? If there are daytime attractions at any level of HHN, there would have to be a concern, right? I know Stranger Things Day was done in 2018, but that's a very specific demo / target.
  • I agree with some of these posts that are considered "selfish" - but more so because we've already been through the toll of accepting the event cancelation and I've moved on to looking forward to 2021. Oh well.

Why would they announce HHN is canceled, then open house operations for HHN anniversary house to daytime guests? A real slap in the face to non-local fans, as well as fans that are tempted to go but feel it’s unsafe to do so.
Because it will make them money and hopefully will make people want to visit (even if it's just annual passholders).

No way in Hell Beetlejuice gets cut. It would be weird as hell if we had any form of "HHN" this year that DIDN'T have it because of it's existing presence in the Tribute store. Beetlejuice shouldn't be that hard to bring back onto the field either.

I see a lot of people saying they feel betrayed about Uni pulling a fast one on them about "HHN" this year, and I agree. But you have to realize that Universal is a company that is in a tough spot right now. So they are gonna toughen up and work with what they got. Everyone has been seeing the Attendance spikes at the parks recently, but the question is will it last? When they see there attendance numbers go up, they see cash there not use to making recently. So there like "Gee, I wish this income could last a bit longer." And the answer is that it can.
Bring originals to Uni as a separate ticketed add-on during the day. Not only will they reach maximum capacity but they will make more money from the "HHN" sales. New Cough Cough cases are on the decline, so the decision won't be as frowned upon as it would of been in June or July.

And for the love of all things cursed, DONT CALL THIS EVENT HHN 30. Call it HHN lite or maybe silver, or just HHN with a subtitle of some sort.

We will all learn a bit more about this come this time next week I predict.

No way in Hell Beetlejuice gets cut. It would weird as hell if we had any form of "HHN" this year that DIDN'T have it because of it's existing presence in the Tribute store. Beetlejuice shouldn't be that hard to bring back onto the field either.

I see a lot of people saying they feel betrayed about Uni pulling a fast one on them about "HHN" this year, and I agree. But you have to realize that Universal is a company that is in a tough spot right now. So they are gonna toughen up and work with what they got. Everyone has been seeing the Attendance spikes at the parks recently, but the question is will it last? When they see there attendance numbers go up, they see cash there not use to making recently. So there like "Gee, I wish this income could last a bit longer." And the answer is that it can.
Bring originals to Uni as a separate ticketed add-on during the day. Not only will they reach maximum capacity but they will make more money from the "HHN" sales. New Cough Cough cases are on the decline, so the decision won't be as frowned upon as it would of been in June or July.

And for the love of all things cursed, DONT CALL THIS EVENT HHN 30. Call it HHN lite or maybe silver, or just HHN with a subtitle of some sort.

We will all learn a bit more about this come this time next week I predict.
I agree with beetlejuice the store made it known a house exists and to open a select few houses and not include it is just bizarre (Unless it is in fact returning next year) I saw where it could be difficult because of the parade floats and character integrity and etc but if its supposedly only on saturdays for a while is anybody really going to miss the parade for one day?

I agree with beetlejuice the store made it known a house exists and to open a select few houses and not include it is just bizarre (Unless it is in fact returning next year) I saw where it could be difficult because of the parade floats and character integrity and etc but if its supposedly only on saturdays for a while is anybody really going to miss the parade for one day?
The families with kids who are only able to go on Saturdays because of school will likely miss it.

Equally concerned about that and whether the parks even survive (after reading a thread on another site).
Please no Chicken Little up in here today.

From a pure ops perspective, I strongly doubt that the sprungs or parade soundstages could be used during daytime ops due to backstage movements. Parade floats moving around and character integrity backstage alone would probably stop that.

So then, that leaves the soundstages, Shrek, and MiB.

Shrek really could be done, but it would be difficult to make queue space for it now that Shrek is actually using its queue during the day. Plus, I doubt that Billie's publicity team would want her image associated with any event encouraging gathering in a pandemic, especially one being kind of thrown together. So that rules it out.

Then you have MiB and the Soundstages, all of which could realistically be run during the day, but between distancing and likely necessary pulsing, would require pretty long queues that only some could probably accommodate. So, Virtual Line might not be a bad idea, except I don't *think* they could do a Virtual Line unique to an upcharge ticket. Universal's VL system is entirely location based, so you don't even have to be in the park to get a pass (just in the area). So realistically it is probably an either/or situation.

As for which houses could be opened for daytime ops, I could definitely see Bedtime Stories getting pushed out (A&D is probably tired of waiting on that one, haha) and even Icons (it would satiate the need for nostalgia). TCM is a house that I could honestly see just getting lost to time (I don't think they'd want to "activate" the IP, and I don't think they'd want to hold onto it either). Brides however, I think is neutral enough to where it could probably hold up. Finally there's the Anniversary house/ Carey House in MiB which... seems like a toss up. On one hand they have FFL right there for extra queueing space, but otoh I could see them wanting to keep the houses consolidated to one area.
MiB is an odd one. After they cancelled the event, the word was that half of a shiny new exit ramp was installed. The other part was installed a couple weeks ago. Odd behavior for a strike of that house.

I could see:
Monsters
Tooth Fairy
Icons
Carey
Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice is so heavily featured in everything we’ve actually seen and would probably be the easiest IP to renegotiate (yes yes Monsters, you get me). I wouldn’t be shocked if they don’t do it though.

EDIT: Of course BJ may have already been taken down so oop.

Please no Chicken Little up in here today.

MiB is an odd one. After they cancelled the event, the word was that half of a shiny new exit ramp was installed. The other part was installed a couple weeks ago. Odd behavior for a strike of that house.
Rumor is nothing got struck. Or is getting struck (so far). It’s cheaper to just pay rent for a year than strike and rebuild.

Also, I was told that WB was just as skittish as Netflix about Beetlejuice being a house during the pandemic. The Beetlejuice house opening for whatever happens is so not a given.