#HHNForever - Orlando 2020 | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

#HHNForever - Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m under no belief that I’m important. But I know I was planning on spending a boatload of money next year on HHN30. If they’re shooting their shot with what was going to make HHN 30 what it is this year, I foresee spending significantly less. I don’t think that’s important, but it means less money for them, more money for Disney
I don't mean the individual fan, and certainly not you in particular. I mean as a group, and i think the dialogue every time something happens that the long time fans wouldn't like, bears out my point.

I’m under no belief that I’m important. But I know I was planning on spending a boatload of money next year on HHN30. If they’re shooting their shot with what was going to make HHN 30 what it is this year, I foresee spending significantly less. I don’t think that’s important, but it means less money for them, more money for Disney

Personally, it screams like sour grapes because you weren’t coming this year at all.

From a pure ops perspective, I strongly doubt that the sprungs or parade soundstages could be used during daytime ops due to backstage movements. Parade floats moving around and character integrity backstage alone would probably stop that.

So then, that leaves the soundstages, Shrek, and MiB.

Shrek really could be done, but it would be difficult to make queue space for it now that Shrek is actually using its queue during the day. Plus, I doubt that Billie's publicity team would want her image associated with any event encouraging gathering in a pandemic, especially one being kind of thrown together. So that rules it out.

Then you have MiB and the Soundstages, all of which could realistically be run during the day, but between distancing and likely necessary pulsing, would require pretty long queues that only some could probably accommodate. So, Virtual Line might not be a bad idea, except I don't *think* they could do a Virtual Line unique to an upcharge ticket. Universal's VL system is entirely location based, so you don't even have to be in the park to get a pass (just in the area). So realistically it is probably an either/or situation.

As for which houses could be opened for daytime ops, I could definitely see Bedtime Stories getting pushed out (A&D is probably tired of waiting on that one, haha) and even Icons (it would satiate the need for nostalgia). TCM is a house that I could honestly see just getting lost to time (I don't think they'd want to "activate" the IP, and I don't think they'd want to hold onto it either). Brides however, I think is neutral enough to where it could probably hold up. Finally there's the Anniversary house/ Carey House in MiB which... seems like a toss up. On one hand they have FFL right there for extra queueing space, but otoh I could see them wanting to keep the houses consolidated to one area.

As for which houses could be opened for daytime ops, I could definitely see Bedtime Stories getting pushed out (A&D is probably tired of waiting on that one, haha) and even Icons (it would satiate the need for nostalgia). TCM is a house that I could honestly see just getting lost to time (I don't think they'd want to "activate" the IP, and I don't think they'd want to hold onto it either). Brides however, I think is neutral enough to where it could probably hold up. Finally there's the Anniversary house/ Carey House in MiB which... seems like a toss up. On one hand they have FFL right there for extra queueing space, but otoh I could see them wanting to keep the houses consolidated to one area.

I'm really eager to know what the Tooth Fairy looks like, assuming the house is just about him. HHN Rumors (I think) described him as a "Peter Pan-like" creature...so does that mean he's like Jack?

From a pure ops perspective, I strongly doubt that the sprungs or parade soundstages could be used during daytime ops due to backstage movements. Parade floats moving around and character integrity backstage alone would probably stop that.

So then, that leaves the soundstages, Shrek, and MiB.

Shrek really could be done, but it would be difficult to make queue space for it now that Shrek is actually using its queue during the day. Plus, I doubt that Billie's publicity team would want her image associated with any event encouraging gathering in a pandemic, especially one being kind of thrown together. So that rules it out.

Then you have MiB and the Soundstages, all of which could realistically be run during the day, but between distancing and likely necessary pulsing, would require pretty long queues that only some could probably accommodate. So, Virtual Line might not be a bad idea, except I don't *think* they could do a Virtual Line unique to an upcharge ticket. Universal's VL system is entirely location based, so you don't even have to be in the park to get a pass (just in the area). So realistically it is probably an either/or situation.

To add onto the Shrek point, Ringwraith threw out earlier that Eilish seems to be cut entirely.

At least, that was the implication I got.

you all are so earnest about this! it’s as if HHN was a religion!
I'm a Satanist, so Halloween is my high holy season, and having already completed my hajj to Salem on Halloween, HHN is my minor pilgrimage.

Halloween in general is my religion. It's the one night of the year we are encouraged to celebrate the darkness in all of us in safe and healthy ways. The history of the holiday is rich and fascinating as well, plus I love all things dark and creepy. Being able to pick a costume or create your own is great for the creative juices too! The freaks come out at night!

Here's the costume I created for myself last year:

$IMG_0397.JPG

Last edited:
Sprungs don’t have facades.
Shrek was never completed.
IP contracts have to get negotiated if they’re used for an event that ISN’T HHN.

That leaves the sound stages and maybe MiB.

I know Beetlejuice would need it's contract taken care of, but was it's house pretty much complete? I know HoHH is right out since that one got yanked before HHN cancelled.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coolbfitz
Sprungs don’t have facades.
Shrek was never completed.
IP contracts have to get negotiated if they’re used for an event that ISN’T HHN.

That leaves the sound stages and maybe MiB.

Basically the three you brought up before and what I think we’d come around on being the Carey Ohio boogaloo.

Unless they feel like dumping TCM for some reason, which I doubt.

you all are so earnest about this! it’s as if HHN was a religion!

Apologies for quoting myself (from Twitter), but I kind of addressed this back in 2016:

If you haven't lived in Orlando, I can't get across how important the opening night of HHN has begun. It's like Xmas everywhere else, because here in MouseTown most everyone works double-shifts Xmas week. A time to visit with friends you haven't seen in months, drink and be merry, re-live old traditions ("Puppet dying y'all!"), just celebrate. Also, the things that make Orlando a plastic town (sorry John Green, not paper) make for great Halloween celebrations. The haunts are scarier, the boys' costumes more innovative, the girl's costumes sexier, the pumpkin spice sweeter ...

So yeah, we take it seriously. Anyway, :topic:

It's hard to get across how much Orlando loves its' Halloween. I've not met a city more pumped for the season than this one. Maybe it's the fact that Florida has some pretty non winter-y Winter, so Christmas spirit is a little tougher to come by. I think HHN has become so cemented in the local scene, especially for young adults, that cancelling HHN is like cancelling Christmas for a lot of people.