Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Phantasialand

Taron looks amazing! I'm super-impressed by how long it is. It feels like it just keeps going. Knott's needs to replace Pony Express for something like that. ;)  

I'm not really impressed by Raik. It looks kind of pointless, but I'm sure it'll be fun for families. 

The theming is very well-done for these coasters. I love the unique set up of both of them being placed on top of each other in that themed environment. If only any of the US parks had such unique theming. 

Hey, I just want to add my point of view to Taron and Raik because Phantasialand is just 1h away from my house. Taron and Raik are amazing and I rode both of them like 100 times. Taron has incredible Airtime hills and a stunning view. If you have to choose between Helix (Liseberg) and Taron (Phantasialand) definitly choose Taron. Also they are building a new coaster for next year which will be called F.L.Y. . It is a multi launch flying coaster and it will get a Steam Punk theme so be hyped for that^^ If you need any kind of footage of the 2 rides or F.L.Y just contact me^^ -Greetings from Germany

Hey, I just want to add my point of view to Taron and Raik because Phantasialand is just 1h away from my house. Taron and Raik are amazing and I rode both of them like 100 times. Taron has incredible Airtime hills and a stunning view. If you have to choose between Helix (Liseberg) and Taron (Phantasialand) definitly choose Taron. Also they are building a new coaster for next year which will be called F.L.Y. . It is a multi launch flying coaster and it will get a Steam Punk theme so be hyped for that^^ If you need any kind of footage of the 2 rides or F.L.Y just contact me^^ -Greetings from Germany
Thanks for the info. And welcome.

Welcome to IU!

As far as F.L.Y., I remember in the past that this was rumored to be that Vekoma Flying Coaster, seen on test sites early last year, with controllable rotations ala the Mack InvertPOW (which is installed in Motiongate and Europa Park). I can't wait to see what Phantasialand does, especially considering Taron and Chipas.

Yeah it is a Vekoma Flying coaster with rotating seats. I can already confirm that this will be epic^^ but it wont be like the Mack InvertPOW because only the Dark Ride part and the lift hill will be on the side of the track the rest will be like a normal flying coaster. Phantasialand has the greates theming you could find in a theme park if you look at Klugheim, Mystery Castle and other attractions.

so i m going to Germany for a few weeks and will be near this park
just curious if anyone has been there and what should i expect?
thanks
You should expect a beautiful somewhat small Park with a lot of highly themed attractions. From great and immersive coasters to fantastic food offerings (f.ex. the Tavern in Klugheim). They also have a good mix of thrill rides and family attractions. If you have any more questions I might be able to help you

@twebber55

Yeah, I recently visited the park over a week ago and was surprised how tiny it was, though it makes good use of its space except for a large plot of land on the left side of the park that is mostly walking path (I don’t think they can build there as there are homes overlooking that area). Good theming overall, but due to the tight acreage you will see a lot of meshed sight lines.

Obviously, don’t miss the compact yet punchy coasters Taron and Black Mamba. There’s a Toy Story Midway Mania meets Ratatouille hybrid that’s nicely done. In the Mexico section I enjoyed the Chiapas log flume. Skip the top spin Talocan...it’s a nut cruncher; better to watch the fire and water effects from the viewing platform.

Don’t forget to check out the older attractions Geister Rickshaw (Haunted Mansion type ride through Asian monster folklore) and Hollywood Tour (a Great Movie Ride in boats). Both entrances are tucked away and easy to miss.

If meeting costumed characters is your thing, there is a dragon mascot for each “land”. I only managed to see 3/6, as the posted appearance times were not accurate.

Wait times were 15 mins tops, but I did visit on a rather drizzly Monday.

Where will you be based? I stayed in Köln and it took under an hour to get to the park via public transport from the Hauptbahnhof. I also visited Europa Park in Baden-Württemberg a few days later if you have any questions about that resort.

Enjoy your trip!

so i m going to Germany for a few weeks and will be near this park
just curious if anyone has been there and what should i expect?
thanks
We were there in early July. We loved it. Taron, OMG, the first launch up the waterfall, fantastic. Everything else was solid. Loved the Chiapas flume. We want to go back during their Winter season one day.

@malice
yeah i thought about Europa as well as efteling since i wont be too far from there
We are fortunate enough to be able to go to Europa Park every year. It is a fantastic park and only a 2 hour train ride from Frankfurt. This year we went to Phantasialand for the first time.
Though a somewhat smaller park, the theming is fantastic. Taron is a great ride (little more extreme than Hagrids but same type of ride.) Food was great and cheap compared to
US parks. Well worth a visit.

In that they're both roller coasters, sure, they're the same.

:shrug:

Seats sure match up with the concept art.
The mechanisms used on that coaster and guardians are the exact same. The big thing was Vekoma being able to make a "disk" that can pivot ride vehicles on command, which was a first for them. This is the same tech being used for both FLY and Guardians.

I know that is not the Avengers System.