Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Drive Thru Haunt at OC Fair

DTH

Nov 7, 2016
October 1st - November 1st, tickets start at $49 plus a lame $10 service fee. The higher end days of $70+ don't sound worth it, imo, but I'm also not familiar with the quality they bring.
Articles I've seen noted its from a previous producer of Dark Harbor.
With limited options, I'll definitely be checking this out.
Supposedly will have scarezones and "shows" along with its drive thru haunt.
The overall drive is supposedly 45 minutes.
I'll wait until 2 or 3 weeks in to see if they've worked out the kinks and hear some reviews.
Hell, even if its bad, I still might go because why not. I mean, as long as it's not dangerous.
Sounds like a recipe for disaster, I wish cars could be put on a track somehow like the car wash and having to put your keys in a box or something. Just makes me worry a bit for the talent. But there's stuff like this popping up all over the country. I know this was briefly discussed as a fun possibility for the backlot of Universal (which I still think they should DEFINITELY do)
Anyone else interested?

I was somewhat interested, but I also kinda balked at the price... $50 per car seemed steep. But like you, with other options so limited this year, if tickets are still available and not much else comes up, I may give it a go.

I mean...I want to do this but also want to know how it works....like do you drive to each area and park? Seems like you could have accidents any other way

I was somewhat interested, but I also kinda balked at the price... $50 per car seemed steep. But like you, with other options so limited this year, if tickets are still available and not much else comes up, I may give it a go.
$50 for one person sounds high, but $50 for a family of 4-5 sounds like a reasonable night of family fun if you have tweens/teens.

Sounds interesting. I'll need more info to decide if I want to go. I've been to the Glittering Lights holiday drive-thru at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. If they do something similar to that, it should be relatively safe.

$50 for one person sounds high, but $50 for a family of 4-5 sounds like a reasonable night of family fun if you have tweens/teens.
This is how I saw it also. For two people, $30 ain't too bad I guess (since let's face it, it's really $60). If I bring two additional people among my quaranteam, that's $15.

REVIEW:
Got VIP, overall any price is too much for this

First Scene/Preshow: Drive in Movie theatre
This worked as a preshow and contained some genuinely interesting effects, but the video annoying looped, the actors had strange and underdeveloped characters, and the climax was nonexistent. C-

Second Scene: Tunnels?
The ambiance was genuinely cool and the actors scary. It was great vamping for a scene, but no scene actually occurred. Just lingering in an underpopulated scarezone with ambiguous characters flashing lights at you. No climax, just underdeveloped build up, like most scenes. F

Third Scene: Forest
This was just laughable. Some of the worst staging I’ve ever scene, tinny audio for the actors who were obviously underprepared, and a limited selection of actors in generic costumes (including a gorilla). Again, you’re waiting for the statues to come alive and something to happen, but nothing. You just leave. No climax again. F

Fourth Scene: Bloody Mary
It was like an external dance troupe actually rehearsed and came up with a solid ending. Cool, but deadened by the disappointing build up

Overall
2/10

REVIEW:
Got VIP, overall any price is too much for this

First Scene/Preshow: Drive in Movie theatre
This worked as a preshow and contained some genuinely interesting effects, but the video annoying looped, the actors had strange and underdeveloped characters, and the climax was nonexistent. C-

Second Scene: Tunnels?
The ambiance was genuinely cool and the actors scary. It was great vamping for a scene, but no scene actually occurred. Just lingering in an underpopulated scarezone with ambiguous characters flashing lights at you. No climax, just underdeveloped build up, like most scenes. F

Third Scene: Forest
This was just laughable. Some of the worst staging I’ve ever scene, tinny audio for the actors who were obviously underprepared, and a limited selection of actors in generic costumes (including a gorilla). Again, you’re waiting for the statues to come alive and something to happen, but nothing. You just leave. No climax again. F

Fourth Scene: Bloody Mary
It was like an external dance troupe actually rehearsed and came up with a solid ending. Cool, but deadened by the disappointing build up

Overall
2/10
I've seen videos and glad I could not get tickets even with 4 people...think it would have not really been worth it

Sounds very lame. Will skip it. Any other recommendations for drive in haunts this season? I know it's fairly late and most are probably sold out, but I'm jonesing for a Haunt fix.

Sounds very lame. Will skip it. Any other recommendations for drive in haunts this season? I know it's fairly late and most are probably sold out, but I'm jonesing for a Haunt fix.

Go check out the Pirate’s Cave in OC. It’s a home haunt yard display/show with some good surprises. Actually made me jump a few times since I wasn’t expecting some of their effects.