Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Tomorrowland Rumored for DL

Jan 10, 2013
No man's land: SoCal
Since this rumor is gaining serious traction, I think having its own thread is appropriate.

Fresh Baked and MiceChat are reporting this, but word on the street is that there is finally a TL redo in the cards within this coming decade. If it happens, the plan is to flatten everything but Space Mountain. Even that may get flattened and rebuilt. The TL that we're so used to may soon be completely gone and re-start from scratch.

I think the obvious choices for attractions are the Jetpacks ride, Buzz ride, and Tron coaster from Shanghai as well as the return of the People Mover. Fresh Baked thinks the Guardians coaster in Epcot might make its way over here but I don't think it will. It's too repetitive from Space Mountain. This could also be an opportunity to see Flight of Passage make its way over here.

What do you guys think? I'm personally excited about this starting over from scratch rumor. With that in mind, the sky's the limit!

Last edited:
I do think they and a few others, are very much on the track of Tron coming to DL.

That said, I do not buy them having the coaster in the location that MC is speaking of.

My guesses..more or less, on the major.

• Tron Light Cycle Power Run - Autopia/Subs/Innovations
  • Flight of Passage - Star Tours/Star Traders, extends the showbuilding into backstage and with a new story for setting
  • Space Mountain (But with a overhaul)

Last edited:
Not sure how I feel about the below concept, I think the planters etc don't go with the rest of the design:
disneyland-tomorrowland-entrance-concept-art.jpg
Source: OC Register

I like how they removed the french fry rocks because of its intrusiveness only to add this. Galaxy brain Disney

With all of the Covid stuff going on, I realize this will likely not happen for a long, LONG time, but I’ll just drop this here cuz I feel like it.

If DL ever does get around to updating TL, I think they should go with the neon pseudo-80’s aesthetic, kind of like the album cover for one of the Midnight’s albums

853578DB-1E12-462C-8F5F-25EF1B4B7747.jpeg

It’s nostalgic, but futuristic in a nostalgic sense. I don’t think people want a “realistic” futuristic land as many people realize that the future will likely suck. With this aesthetic, it’s nostalgic as it captures the optimistic future that the 80’s era had but it takes it and romanticizes that era and gives the future a fantasized “tomorrow”. I want to see Disney go for this if they ever do it.

With all of the Covid stuff going on, I realize this will likely not happen for a long, LONG time, but I’ll just drop this here cuz I feel like it.

If DL ever does get around to updating TL, I think they should go with the neon pseudo-80’s aesthetic, kind of like the album cover for one of the Midnight’s albums

View attachment 12218

It’s nostalgic, but futuristic in a nostalgic sense. I don’t think people want a “realistic” futuristic land as many people realize that the future will likely suck. With this aesthetic, it’s nostalgic as it captures the optimistic future that the 80’s era had but it takes it and romanticizes that era and gives the future a fantasized “tomorrow”. I want to see Disney go for this if they ever do it.
Feels a bit Blade Runnerish to me.

The trouble with anything like this is it gets old really fast. The only sucessful timeless tomorrowland Disney have done is Disneyland Paris IMO. It's stunning and doesn't age. They need to capture something similar for any future tomorrowland redo.

Not saying this isn't happening, but Fresh Baked is a not a reliable source. If anything, they are regurgitating info from another website and then speculating on top of it. That is kind of their M.O.

If the Tomorrowland redux does happen, I would vote for going back to a 1960's version of the land. Most of the architecture is still there, and a "retro" vision of the future might hold up a little better in the long run. It would be nice to see the Peoplemover come back and have the Astro Orbiter removed. Ideally, having it go back to where the Rocket Jets originally were. I'm fine with losing the rest of the attraction roster sans Space Mountain.

Y'all think the PeopleMover could come back if this redo ever does come to fruition?

In it's current form, no. The track and supports are shot.
Only way I see it coming back is if they want to put the money/effort into making a new one from the ground up.

I wonder if and when we will see this.

Honestly I know most people would say no its great...but I feel Space Mountain is outdated. The track can stay the same but the effects and the Q, I would like to see some new things added. Some Ports to look out into "space" as you Q up and some things to look at as you ride it along with Ghost Galaxy getting some updates as well

I wonder if and when we will see this.

Honestly I know most people would say no its great...but I feel Space Mountain is outdated. The track can stay the same but the effects and the Q, I would like to see some new things added. Some Ports to look out into "space" as you Q up and some things to look at as you ride it along with Ghost Galaxy getting some updates as well

Have you been on the most recent version of Hyperspace Mountain? It's the best overlay of this ride and I wouldn't mind if it became permanent. The music, projections and effects are absolutely amazing, especially the laser beams.