Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Spaceship Earth: Our Shared Story

My working theory is still that we're getting ninety percent of the Epcot upgrades, just slower If SSE goes down for three years, we're getting the retheme.

Water leakage isn’t SSE’s main problem by a long shot (not that it isn’t a problem). It’s only the most visible problem of the bunch, because when the drainage system leaks at the bottom of the sphere it makes a small waterfall over the entrance.
It's no joke, there is literally a water fall in the summer right where you're supposed to walk

I'm surprised the ride doesn't smell like water/mold more tbh

WDWNT is reporting as a "rumor" that the project his back on (in some form), with Spaceship Earth slated to close within a few months. Insiders on Magic have yet to weigh in.

The ride track obviously needs to be redone, but I remain uneasy about tinkering with the rest of the attraction (pre-descent sequence).

And I'll be bummed if it comes to fruition and is closed by my trip in November.

By the time they actually get around to doing a major refurb on this ride (which at minimum must include track replacement), they are likely to draw up entire new plans so if anything, maybe we got a bit lucky in this case with them cheaping out and stopping all construction when COVID hit.

I'm fine with minor tweaks up until the Industrial Revolution sequence, then a full overhaul, particularly for the descent (which that concept art appears to allude to).

This art doesn’t even begin to barely scratch the surface of all that was planned

Okay, I'm intrigued!