Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

“Black Box” Ride for DCA

I think it would be kinda cool to have a attraction that can just become something new every year or two.....Heck I think more rides should be ready to allow for updates and Easter Eggs.

The Falcon ride I think would get double the line if they added Mando and Baby Yoda to it...I would not have been again last year having a Frozen 2 themed ride and this next year it would become a Rava the last dragon attraction
Except The Mandalorian and the Millennium Falcon have nothing to do with each other.

Except The Mandalorian and the Millennium Falcon have nothing to do with each other.
I mean, timeline wise it’s possible Mando is still around during the sequel trilogy and we could go on a joint bounty hunting mission with him and the Razorcrest

Ahhh yes and I remember when C3PO was a Pilot for a traveling company...or when Rex help blow up the secret second Death Star and Hondo and the Falcon, can't name a more classic duo.

This is a theme park, its point is for people to have fun. I hate the BS "story" telling of a land that trys to be cannon If Mando wants to show up with the child in the Falcon ride because it would improve the ride, who cares? Transformers the ride not Cannon but fun...all of the Potter rides not Cannon but fun....The Mummy ride...Jurassic and so on. I don't care what makes sense as long as entertaining then I welcome it.

I mean, timeline wise it’s possible Mando is still around during the sequel trilogy and we could go on a joint bounty hunting mission with him and the Razorcrest
I could see as a limited time overlay someday, but Disney won’t even let Mando into the land for M&G’s yet since they are sticking so closely to the stupid timeline for the land.

Reminds me of the rumors of CAVE back in the day, someone confusing a development concept with a ride concept.
Yes and no. Like CAVE, Black Box has a real, planned application in parks, in a specific space. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you view it, CAVE’s real application never came to fruition. What Black Box’s fate will, be, we shall sea

Yes and no. Like CAVE, Black Box has a real, planned application in parks, in a specific space. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you view it, CAVE’s real application never came to fruition. What Black Box’s fate will, be, we shall sea

CAVE was to be the villains ride replacing GMR, right?

CAVE was to be the villains ride replacing GMR, right?
Anyone gotta a link to something about CAVE? Can’t find anything ‘bout it.

Anyone know what IPs were rumored for this? My mind goes to classics and oddities that’ll probably never happen like Sleepy Hollow or Black Cauldron. I could also see Disney using this as a way to get Simpsons into the park.

Anyone know what IPs were rumored for this? My mind goes to classics and oddities that’ll probably never happen like Sleepy Hollow or Black Cauldron. I could also see Disney using this as a way to get Simpsons into the park.
Whatever animated movie they're really pushing that year.

I think it would be kinda cool to have a attraction that can just become something new every year or two.....Heck I think more rides should be ready to allow for updates and Easter Eggs.
If they don’t even update the Pixar/Disney shorts at Epcot, the odds of WDI ever pulling off a “black box” attraction is 0%.

It’s quite honestly like a unicorn that they just can’t seem to let go of dreaming about.

Anyone gotta a link to something about CAVE? Can’t find anything ‘bout it.
What they’re referring to is called the DISH at WDI - it’s a room where a 3-D environment is projected around you.

Last edited:
If they don’t even update the Pixar/Disney shorts at Epcot, the odds of WDI ever pulling off a “black box” attraction is 0%.

It’s quite honestly like a unicorn that they just can’t seem to let go of dreaming about.

What they’re referring to is called the DISH at WDI - it’s a room where you put on special glasses and an environment is projected around you.
Disneyland is for sure more catered to Apers and they are trying to get into more special events so never say never. At WDW I don't see them really wanting it as bad...but if DCA has one then they could maybe want it mainly because it could just be programmed and would get people in the door unlike Previews for a movie you can watch on your phone.

So while it seems this version of the Black Box ride is dead, maybe it's possible the concept was evolved and integrated into attractions like the Multiverse E ticket? I also believe somewhat recently Disney filed a patent for resetting physical and digital effects on rides.

So while it seems this version of the Black Box ride is dead, maybe it's possible the concept was evolved and integrated into attractions like the Multiverse E ticket? I also believe somewhat recently Disney filed a patent for resetting physical and digital effects on rides.

I think a “black box” ride for whatever new IP they want to advertise would make a solid D-ticket. I do hope they use this ride vehicle tech for the Avengers ride.

I think a “black box” ride for whatever new IP they want to advertise would make a solid D-ticket. I do hope they use this ride vehicle tech for the Avengers ride.
I would also like to see Disney use these patents to do lands that are more "catch all" than just one specific theme and location like Encanto and Zootopia. Like an area themed to Disney Animation.

I can also see this being used on the main attraction in the hypothetical "beyond big thunder" villains land. You could keep the ride fresh with new villains.

How is this something they can even patent? It’s the physical equivalent of Muppetvision resetting the projections on the wall as one group is leaving and the next group is filing in. And aren’t there arrows and whatnot that retract back into the walls? Been awhile since I’ve seen it.