Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

The Weezy AA at Slinky Dog Dash is pretty impressive. The AA’s on Hagrid are even more impressive.
The outdoor AAs on Hagrid are either hideous (Unicorns) or already partially broken (Fluffy). And none of them are constantly in contact with water like the ones on JPRA. Nor do you see any of these for all that long like the ones on JPRA

Its space is well-utilized for the attraction that it is, I think. Just update the animatronics, and River Adventure would pretty much be the perfect Jurassic Park ride (in the absence of giving us the Jeep/Explorer tour from the film, which there just isn't the space for anymore, nor the interest).

As much as I think that I'll love Velocicoaster, the JPRA is great. Boat ride with practical sets, some dark ride, and then a big drop. I did think "Wow!" at the pictures of this Jurassic ride but save it for EU (though I know that JW isn't planned for EU, per insider posts).

I’d take this over the Jurassic World redo of the flume ride every day of the week
To each their own. Hope the final product is good.

EDIT: Also just realized based on these photos that the ride probably couldn't come to USH, given the story similarities between it and the JW River redo.

So we know they cut F&F, I know they are not the same attraction (Kong id imagine is more expensive due to the sets and Kong AA) but they are same ride system, so, did they ever consider switching F&F to Kong? Seems like the space would hold it to me. I know the ol’ switcheroo isn’t as easy as that but opening with that would add even more to this park. Maybe better for an expansion later on though

So we know they cut F&F, I know they are not the same attraction (Kong id imagine is more expensive due to the sets and Kong AA) but they are same ride system, so, did they ever consider switching F&F to Kong? Seems like the space would hold it to me. I know the ol’ switcheroo isn’t as easy as that but opening with that would add even more to this park. Maybe better for an expansion later on though
Skull Island was considered for an Adventure land between Potter and Minions for a bit, but it was ultimately left as expansion space.. and could be Hagrids if they ever want to.

Skull Island was considered for an Adventure land between Potter and Minions for a bit, but it was ultimately left as expansion space.. and could be Hagrids if they ever want to.
Hargrid’s looks like it fits almost too perfectly in their space available lol.

Also, while in 2020 it’s hard to think or predict this, if they truly build a 2nd park maybe just wait and save a full Skull Island for it, add a story coaster and show like the Broadway show (not a musical, but the puppetry) would be a good part of a new park.

Yeah, it SOUNDS like the screens might at least be more background. I'm still very picky about the topic of course but still looks like it could be a great ride.
There’ll likely be at least two fully screen scenes. But to me it’s more like Forbidden Journey, where it’s a practical section, a screen section, repeat—unlike something like Transformers, where it’s screen by screen by screen.

If the JW dark ride does make its way to Hollywood, I would not mind if this replaces Mummy. Since it would be literally right next to Transformers, I wonder if this would make that ride obsolete? It's literally Transformers but without 3D, more AAs and practical, and most likely more aggressive/thrilling.

If the JW dark ride does make its way to Hollywood, I would not mind if this replaces Mummy. Since it would be literally right next to Transformers, I wonder if this would make that ride obsolete? It's literally Transformers but without 3D, more AAs and practical, and most likely more aggressive/thrilling.
I don't think we'll know till the ride is open. Irrespective of whether it makes Transformers obsolete or if it could even fit in the Mummy showbuilding, I would still prefer a more fleshed out Jurassic World area with something replacing the Mummy. My main hesitation is that the dark ride's structure adheres too closely to the structure of JW in Hollywood. Both involve an escaped Indominus Rex. If you place both rides together, you have two rides telling the same story, which necessitates a drastic rework of either the River Adventure or the dark ride. Additionally, it seems like the Beijing Dark Ride and the Jurassic World River Adventure might share some of the same animatronics, further complicating this idea.

With the LA Olympics and the eventual construction of additional high-tech soundstages on Falls Lake, I'm certain something's destined for that space. But if it's a Jurassic ride, it will have to be (cough*) drastically different from its neighbor across the street.

EDIT: This probably belongs on the Hollywood forums, and if this elicits further discussion I'll bring it there, but I still think there's work left on the upper lot. The Walking Dead and Special Effects stage buildings are ripe locations for expansion, and they could rearrange CityWalk to push out the entrance and free up more space.
EDIT 2: Oh, and they'll have to figure out what to do with the Simpsons.

Last edited: