Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

Toothless looks soo happy!!!!

Orlando, whether it is in EU or not, needs this show.
As we’ve all theorized here before, the size and shape of the interior for the theater at Epic Universe’s HTTYD land looks fairly similar to this theater in Beijing. Seems pretty logical they could be for the show, (or at least the same type of show).

As we’ve all theorized here before, the size and shape of the interior for the theater at Epic Universe’s HTTYD land looks fairly similar to this theater in Beijing. Seems pretty logical they could be for the show, (or at least the same type of show).
I’d like to think since this is a possibly a clone, it shouldn’t be cut from EU’s opening. I’d imagine cloning things while obviously, an investment, is a cheaper investment than something they’d be opening at EU solely for the first time?

Of course cheapest idea is just not do it at all. Regardless, reallyyyy excited to see what they can do. The Toothless puppet looked so real and animated!!

It’s expected to be a smaller version of the live touring show, or at least use similar style puppets to tell the story anyway.

If you look at the interior photo of the theater above, you can see a truss system above the audience. This could be for a flying dragon puppet.

Touring show clips for examples:

I wonder if this replaced that rumored Great Wall show that was rumored early on in UBR's development.

Either way, it's great to see that Dragons is getting it's first major use in Beijing. And I wonder if Creature Tech is on-board for this, using modified versions of the Touring Show puppets/AA's in the process.

This just seems like the perfect idea for a theme park show, just perfect. Hope this is their kids show version of “Waterworld” if that makes sense. Should be good and could be huge, really doesn’t require the film knowledge either where the land in EU doesn’t necessarily but would be more beneficial than this.

The waterfall is purty

The mountain still looks weird to me

img_0285.jpg

It’s expected to be a smaller version of the live touring show, or at least use similar style puppets to tell the story anyway.

If you look at the interior photo of the theater above, you can see a truss system above the audience. This could be for a flying dragon puppet.

Touring show clips for examples:

Truss and pretty sure this is the wagon:

21AC5A73-4170-43C2-965A-8B56D388A20F.jpeg

The green is kinda funky and doesn’t blend with the rock work as well imo, still nice though tbh.
I agree, something about it seems slightly off, though it's still lovely! I'm no expert on rockwork/paint/etc. Is this something that might look a bit better over time with the elements wearing it down, or no?

I agree, something about it seems slightly off, though it's still lovely! I'm no expert on rockwork/paint/etc. Is this something that might look a bit better over time with the elements wearing it down, or no?
Probably, it's not far from a Florida type climate honestly

Although their rain is driven by monsoons rather than afternoon sea breezes

Another Issue with the Jurassic World water front is no trees or greenery. Look at Orlando right now and all the trees they put back in. Plus all the water plants.

Not saying they need that much but this park has a whole lagoon shoreline with no trees anywhere in sight really.

You’d think they would have thrown a little bit of jungle around the coaster track.... maybe it’s still to come after this winter...

Another note, there doesn’t seem to be a shoreline anywhere ether? It’s just railing around the whole lagoon

Another Issue with the Jurassic World water front is no trees or greenery. Look at Orlando right now and all the trees they put back in. Plus all the water plants.

Not saying they need that much but this park has a whole lagoon shoreline with no trees anywhere in sight really.

You’d think they would have thrown a little bit of jungle around the coaster track.... maybe it’s still to come after this winter...

Another note, there doesn’t seem to be a shoreline anywhere ether? It’s just railing around the whole lagoon

I 100% agree with you ! Trees, bushes, water plants add so much to any atmosphere. It's a shame they didn't put any trees or some kind of landscaping to better integrate the rockwork.

I believe that you can have the best rock work in the world, spend tens of millions on it ! But if the landscaping around it is lacking or not carrefully planned and executed, then it's going to fall FLAT ! Universal Orlando have a lot of beautifully landscape area i don't understand what happened !

Also i don't rememeber having seen any shorline, it's a shame also. They should have thought about making a nice balance between natural looking shoreline and railing. Landscaped shoreline are so so important to bring authenticity and dept !

i also agree with another comment someone made, it's very concrete-y- looking !