Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 868 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it likely the opening date will fall in late May?

I think it's very likely guests will be riding by late May. I also said this about Hagrid so WHO KNOWS WHAT FUN THINGS CAN HAPPEN.

Thankfully this ride doesn't use specialized trains, over half a dozen launches, quick track switches, drop tracks, or anything else crazy so it's pretty "simple" compared to Hagrid, Gringotts, or even Guardians.

My guess is any hold-ups will be related to COVID restrictions for scenic install, testing, and training. I don't have any inside information on this project, just a guess.

Thankfully this ride doesn't use specialized trains, over half a dozen launches, quick track switches, drop tracks, or anything else crazy so it's pretty "simple" compared to Hagrid, Gringotts, or even Guardians.
Yes, On the technical end this has two things going for it, it's much more simple than Hagrids and Mack allegedly did the controls for the ride

I think by now we just have to accept that his coaster belongs to the osprey now.
I think a fair deal can be reached with my client, Mr. Osprey, so long as he gets a V.I.P pass to the opening of the ride, royalties stemming from the unauthorized use of his image in marketing materials, damages from the wanton endangerment of his home, as well as a new home in Port of Entry built to these specifications....

...yes...yes indeed those blueprints do correspond to the exact blueprints for the Velocicoaster top hat.

Once again, it really feels like Universal is flexin' when it comes to recent additions. It's one thing to put in something like Hagrid, which is a smash hit. But to follow up that up in IOA with this? This could very well be one of the better One-Two Punch additions I've seen in a while.

Absolutely. And with the lighting package on this thing.....they are out-Tronning Disney....a year before Disney opens Tron.

Status
Not open for further replies.