Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

Did they ax the barbershop rock singer guys? We went in only once this trip and the preshow was a Fallon clip compilation.

We actually liked the singers better than the ride and we’re hoping to see them again. So we never rode it this trip- we walked out and did mummy for the 10th time instead once we saw the pre show was all video.

Did they ax the barbershop rock singer guys? We went in only once this trip and the preshow was a Fallon clip compilation.

We actually liked the singers better than the ride and we’re hoping to see them again. So we never rode it this trip- we walked out and did mummy for the 10th time instead once we saw the pre show was all video.
They don’t perform all the time. They also end before the park closes, but they’re still there.

While I obviously don’t expect a chance soon, it’s interesting to note The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon has gotten to their lowest ratings ever. I think all talk shows are struggling, but since most are really relying on interviews rignt now and no gags, Fallon’s easily the worst out there at that haha.

It won’t, but, I’d love by 2024 (SNL’s 50th season) this is converted to an SNL attraction. Build the attraction while famous people and cast members can still portray their characters for a ride, I really think this could be immensely popular, and probably a relatively easy transition from Fallon.

While I obviously don’t expect a chance soon, it’s interesting to note The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon has gotten to their lowest ratings ever. I think all talk shows are struggling, but since most are really relying on interviews rignt now and no gags, Fallon’s easily the worst out there at that haha.

It won’t, but, I’d love by 2024 (SNL’s 50th season) this is converted to an SNL attraction. Build the attraction while famous people and cast members can still portray their characters for a ride, I really think this could be immensely popular, and probably a relatively easy transition from Fallon.

I was about to post something similar:

If Fallon is replaced, what happens to this?

Out of curiosity...are we at the point, technically, where small bits of content for a ride could be switched out every week or so?

I’m hesitant to say that The Saturday Night Ride would be a success all the time if it’s an evergreen thing; I think it’d be a cool experiment to try and keep some part of the ride in line with whatever was put on TV that week.

I was about to post something similar:

If Fallon is replaced, what happens to this?

Ive never been able to confirm but the word on the street is there’s a back up film and graphics package for the whole attraction if something was to happen to Fallon. So overnight thr attraction could be turned into a generic Tonight Show/NYC ride.

Personally, I say don’t read into the ratings at the moment as the show is not operating in its normal format. It’ll return soon enough. As for SNL, I’m for it (and rumor had it that was the original pitch) but it won’t happen unless Comcast provides the cash.

I don’t think converting this to SNL will fix the attraction’s problems. Sure, I’d love to see an SNL attraction, but if it’s a flying theater, it’ll still be lack luster. It also doesn’t solve the “too many screens” issue at USF.

Ive never been able to confirm but the word on the street is there’s a back up film and graphics package for the whole attraction if something was to happen to Fallon. So overnight thr attraction could be turned into a generic Tonight Show/NYC ride.

Personally, I say don’t read into the ratings at the moment as the show is not operating in its normal format. It’ll return soon enough. As for SNL, I’m for it (and rumor had it that was the original pitch) but it won’t happen unless Comcast provides the cash.
Frankly that seems like smart practice it you’re creating an attraction surrounding 1 person. This is why I feel the transition could be like within a year.

Out of curiosity...are we at the point, technically, where small bits of content for a ride could be switched out every week or so?

I’m hesitant to say that The Saturday Night Ride would be a success all the time if it’s an evergreen thing; I think it’d be a cool experiment to try and keep some part of the ride in line with whatever was put on TV that week.
Weekly? No. Seasonal overlays? Absolutely. Holidays are a big part of SNL anyways, so a seasonal overlay only makes sense, they could switch up the pre shows, lots to work with. I mean we need David S. Pumpkins.

SNL definitely deserves some kind of ride or attraction IMO

:whistle:

Which is fair - BUT...

"Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Kimmel, who drew an estimated 2.03 million and 1.67 million total viewers, respectively, that evening."

Which is fair - BUT...

"Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Kimmel, who drew an estimated 2.03 million and 1.67 million total viewers, respectively, that evening."
An SNL experience has been rumored since like 2006 lol

That may be an exaggeration, but I remember Stage 44 was rumored to become some kind of SNL experience

I think it's more than reasonable to give SNL a simulator

Which is fair - BUT...

The current talk show and political climate just doesn’t lend towards a Fallon show. He’s not able to do most of the things his show did that made him successful. I don’t even hate Fallon but I feel it’d be difficult for him to trend upwards from here on out, I just don’t see what he can do to stand out. I wouldn’t say this ratings dump means change the ride ASAP, but I’d be paying attenion if I were UC. Probably a cheaper fix for a pre EU investment I’d think.

The current talk show and political climate just doesn’t lend towards a Fallon show. He’s not able to do most of the things his show did that made him successful. I don’t even hate Fallon but I feel it’d be difficult for him to trend upwards from here on out, I just don’t see what he can do to stand out. I wouldn’t say this ratings dump means change the ride ASAP, but I’d be paying attenion if I were UC. Probably a cheaper fix for a pre EU investment I’d think.

Fallon's strengths were his goofy YouTube-able interactions/skits with celebs. Now that he has to rely mostly on jokes and interviews via Zoom.... it's showing his weaknesses.

From what I can find, it looks like his contract was only extended for a year back in November 2020. The previous contract update was in 2015 for an additional 3 1/2 years. It looks like NBC is hoping that a Biden presidency will even the late night playing field, as his competitors have found success with politics. I agree with what everyone else is saying though, his ability to create internet buzz has been dramatically hampered by the pandemic. Dude is a garbage interviewer.

Seemed like he was backing up Joe on The Who's B-film for the ride, which they probably had in case of emergency, with the main emergency in mind being Fallon potentially getting fired from the show.
Ah, I thought he had a juicy rumor lol

Ghostbusters simulator or I'm cancelling my pass