Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

Use Tina or Amy or Kenan to anchor the next attraction, they’re as “timeless” as celebs as they could get probably to anchor a Universal 30 Rock attraction, whatever the attraction is, not saying the show just the location obviously. They would be fun and Kenan has recently done Universal ads so, not too far out of question.

Use Tina or Amy or Kenan to anchor the next attraction, they’re as “timeless” as celebs as they could get probably to anchor a Universal 30 Rock attraction, whatever the attraction is, not saying the show just the location obviously. They would be fun and Kenan has recently done Universal ads so, not too far out of question.
The ride is a Tonight show attraction. If Jimmy is replace, I'd assume the new host would get a new ride film.

Although the whole pre-show is built around Jimmy's gags, which, if he had a good lawyer, he would take with him and own if they don't renew his contract or was fired.

The ride is a Tonight show attraction. If Jimmy is replace, I'd assume the new host would get a new ride film.

Although the whole pre-show is built around Jimmy's gags, which, if he had a good lawyer, he would take with him and own if they don't renew his contract or was fired.
Jimmy Fallon being a game show host for the rest of his career post TS sounds right to me, and I’d be here for it.

Wouldn't the perfect SNL show be one that starts awesome and then, the longer it goes on, it gets less imaginative and more boring?

Kind of joking. No way they can replicate the comedic genius of those in the original cast.
I think a ride featuring (potentially) Tina Fey, Amy Pohler, Kenan Thompson, Kristen Wiig, Bill Hader, Will Ferrell, Kate McKinnon, Fred Armisen, Maya Rudolph, would be FUN. I see your point though.

They could easily change the pre show to studio 8H though, so again, this transition feels simple.

I think a ride featuring (potentially) Tina Fey, Amy Pohler, Kenan Thompson, Kristen Wiig, Bill Hader, Will Ferrell, Kate McKinnon, Fred Armisen, Maya Rudolph, would be FUN. I see your point though.

They could easily change the pre show to studio 8H though, so again, this transition feels simple.

The only issue is whether or not it would be the kind of ride that you would want to ride more than once. Obviously, I have no idea whatsoever. Admittedly, I can ride Spiderman and other rides multiple times even though I know the jokes/scenes/effects.

The only issue is whether or not it would be the kind of ride that you would want to ride more than once. Obviously, I have no idea whatsoever. Admittedly, I can ride Spiderman and other rides multiple times even though I know the jokes/scenes/effects.
They don’t create rides just for re-ridability, though. Some rides may be designed for that but not all are. That shouldn’t define an attraction. Like, I love Mummy (ahem my name) but, you get the gist after a ride or two. I just happen to re ride it a lot. Not everyone does that or gets that opportunity.

Those desk pieces and characters actually belong to NBCUniversal. When Conan left, he had to leave many reoccurring bits and characters behind. Luckily he worked out a deal to get the rights to his shows and now has everything archived online.

It always blew my mind with how iconic SNL is and its longevity within pop culture that they didn’t give it a presence within the parks. I figure since there’s such a wide breath of content, it’s hard to get one short experience that could accommodate most of people’s expectations.

Fallon definitely suffers during this format since he’s such a short form gag-based host, but I doubt that’s get rid of him for that. Then again, I didn’t think they’d get rid of Conan like they did either.

Those desk pieces and characters actually belong to NBCUniversal. When Conan left, he had to leave many reoccurring bits and characters behind. Luckily he worked out a deal to get the rights to his shows and now has everything archived online.
That’s why I said if Fallon had a good lawyer, which Conan seemingly did not when he signed his contract.

If I'm going to take a guess they created a VERY generic NYC film (maybe with just Higgins and The Roots) with no skits or bits.

It always blew my mind with how iconic SNL is and its longevity within pop culture that they didn’t give it a presence within the parks. I figure since there’s such a wide breath of content, it’s hard to get one short experience that could accommodate most of people’s expectations.

Besides it being so broad (ok so do we do classic 70s, Murphy, 90s, early 2000s, modern?) it's also WAY more adult and risque for a theme park audience.

If I'm going to take a guess they created a VERY generic NYC film (maybe with just Higgins and The Roots) with no skits or bits.

Besides it being so broad (ok so do we do classic 70s, Murphy, 90s, early 2000s, modern?) it's also WAY more adult and risque for a theme park audience.
Higgins and The Roots are employed by Jimmy, though. If Jimmy leaves, they are leaving. It's sort of like the transition of government when a new host replaces another. The new host doesn't come in and just assume the same staff the former person had, they assemble their own staff. The Roots and Higgins have been a part of Jimmy's practically since Day 1.

Now yes, I guess NBCUniversal could offer them to appear in the ride without Jimmy, but I sort of doubt they would do that as it would be a betrayal of Jimmy. Look at Conan - he's 11 years removed from The Tonight Show and Andy is STILL working for him. Higgins likely doesn't want to give up that possibility of having a long second life post-Tonight Show.

Higgins and The Roots are employed by Jimmy, though. If Jimmy leaves, they are leaving. It's sort of like the transition of government when a new host replaces another. The new host doesn't come in and just assume the same staff the former person had, they assemble their own staff. The Roots and Higgins have been a part of Jimmy's practically since Day 1.

Now yes, I guess NBCUniversal could offer them to appear in the ride without Jimmy, but I sort of doubt they would do that as it would be a betrayal of Jimmy. Look at Conan - he's 11 years removed from The Tonight Show and Andy is STILL working for him. Higgins likely doesn't want to give up that possibility of having a long second life post-Tonight Show.
Say he gets fired tomorrow (just hypothetically speaking) I wonder how quickly the ride would be replaced

It would take a month or two to erase all traces of the past...Especially if they want to be all dramatic about it

Race Through New York with Al Roker?
You all laughed when I pitched the Al Roker's Smucker Experience: Starring Several 100+ year olds That Just Want to Die

But who's laughing now?

Say he gets fired tomorrow (just hypothetically speaking) I wonder how quickly the ride would be replaced

It would take a month or two to erase all traces of the past...Especially if they want to be all dramatic about it
I'd say that the ride would probably just shut down for a period of time while they quickly get their ducks in a row, take down his likeness and name from the attraction, and try and get something generic up quick-ish while they wait for a long-term solution.

I'd say that the ride would probably just shut down for a period of time while they quickly get their ducks in a row, take down his likeness and name from the attraction, and try and get something generic up quick-ish while they wait for a long-term solution.
Out of all the fish they have to fry I didn't see this coming

To the extent that Universal likes to keep rides around for a while, I think the “Race through New York” name really could/should stay constant for that location. Just make the next incarnation starring “next Tonight Show Host” or “Featuring the Cast of Saturday Night Live”

To the extent that Universal likes to keep rides around for a while, I think the “Race through New York” name really could/should stay constant for that location. Just make the next incarnation starring “next Tonight Show Host” or “Featuring the Cast of Saturday Night Live”
The problem is the SNL cast is ALWAYS changing and as they are good with improv and sort of not afraid to say certain things or do certain things off-air (the post-show parties for SNL are known for being wild), I just feel like SNL lends itself better to being a club in CityWalk than a ride in a theme park.