Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando introduces new Military Freedom Pass

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Universal Orlando Resort is introducing a new Military Freedom Pass for military members and their families, plus discounts and exclusive vacation packages.

This would be fantastic.

If I was willing to travel. But I imagine Universal is trying to get that sweet, sweet MacDill money.

This would be fantastic.

If I was willing to travel. But I imagine Universal is trying to get that sweet, sweet MacDill money.
$200 for a 11 mo with no blackouts is a good deal on the pass but parking is not included. That is a consideration in how often it would be used.

$200 for a 11 mo with no blackouts is a good deal on the pass but parking is not included. That is a consideration in how often it would be used.
It’s a bit of a nickel and dime, but considering the 2020 MWR ticket rates were still around $175 for a one-day, two-park ticket which didn’t include parking (and only going up from there), service members in Central Florida are going to buy this.

If I was still in Orlando (and, again, if it weren’t a pandemic), I’d buy it in heartbeat.

It’s arguably a better value than Busch parks’ Salute the Military, which is free admission.

~6 visits parking fee would cover the upgrade to a preferred pass. Figure in the food and merch discounts and it reduces it more. But if you are just going for a weekend, this is a hell of a deal.

~6 visits parking fee would cover the upgrade to a preferred pass. Figure in the food and merch discounts and it reduces it more. But if you are just going for a weekend, this is a hell of a deal.
And the primary target for this are going to be weekenders/vacationers anyway. The Orlando area does have sizable reserve military presence, and a couple hundred active duty personnel. These things predominantly get marketed on active installations though, so MacDill and Patrick are the closest “major” markets. And even those are tiny compared to what’s in Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi.