Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi

Testing has gone underway for Mission Ferrari!

From the sounds of it, this is more likely the first testing that's been seen during park hours...as off-hours testing has been going on since the past year and then some. (Earliest I can recall is 2018 when folks saw the wheel markings in the paint of the track.)

While it's great to see well, any kind of progress on this ride, it's hard to ignore this thing has been delayed quite a bit. An if the rumors are true on what trick elements it has, then I'm really curious what's been the hold up since it's not doing anything that hasn't already been done multiple times at this point.

Ok then, so it *is* incorporating the Side-Slide element.
On one hand, it's great that they've actually announced an opening. On the other, since it has been so long with multiple rumored false starts, I won't believe it until I see a full POV.

Also, totally forgot. If anyone was wondering just how long this has been, this ride was first rumored in 2014, and the earliest rumor on its opening was in 2017. So, if all goes well and it actually opens next year, that's around a 6-year delay. Definitely nutty, but hopefully worth it. At least they can say this coaster has never been built before by Dynamic Attractions, and it features a never-before-done element.

This ride has taken so hilariously long to open, I wonder if the media elements will look dated compared to other rides today.

Looking forward to that long-awaited POV.

Considering the money behind this I wouldn't be surprised if they never did the media till the end OR they redid it recently. But I guess we'll see!

Well, after being announced on the IAAPA show floor around 2,968 days ago, the time as finally arrived - Mission Ferrari has opened!

Here's some photos of the queue-line from Themeparx.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well, after being announced on the IAAPA show floor around 2,968 days ago, the time as finally arrived - Mission Ferrari has opened!

Here's some photos of the queue-line from Themeparx.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm really interested in any POV's that come out for this ride. The ride type and elements are very intriguing.

I know this got lost in the shuffle of SNW soft opening, but Mission Ferrari is now open. Not a single POV. Can’t even find a spoiler rundown as to what happens. Anybody have anything?

I know this got lost in the shuffle of SNW soft opening, but Mission Ferrari is now open. Not a single POV. Can’t even find a spoiler rundown as to what happens. Anybody have anything?

I've only found queue videos. I'm as curious as you are about this one. I'm hopeful that Themeparx has some information soon.

I've only found queue videos. I'm as curious as you are about this one. I'm hopeful that Themeparx has some information soon.

Some hyper-enthusiast, credit rider/ influencer with a passport and more free time than most is going to get it done soon i'm sure. I'm excited to see a POV as well, can't wait for it to happen, been scouring the internet for info myself.

That actually looks a lot better than what I was expecting. If I knew nothing about this ride and showed me the video and told me this is UO’s newest indoor coaster, I probably would’ve believe you.

I do with we had a ride like this in the states. Looks pretty cool!

That actually looks a lot better than what I was expecting. If I knew nothing about this ride and showed me the video and told me this is UO’s newest indoor coaster, I probably would’ve believe you.

I do with we had a ride like this in the states. Looks pretty cool!

I wish that this would be part of the Monsters area for Epic Universe. Not replacing the main ride but supplemental.