Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hard Rock Hotel vs. Royal Pacific Resort

Which hotel do you prefer if you can get them at the same rate?

• Hard Rock Hotel

• Royal Pacific

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 11, 2016
Which do you guys prefer if they're the same price?

And a spinoff question that might be a little shady: I'm from PA, my in-laws are from FL. Can I invite my brother in-law to stay with us for a night or two and have him get us the FL resident rates? Or do they check each person staying while setting up express passes?

Which do you guys prefer if they're the same price?

And a spinoff question that might be a little shady: I'm from PA, my in-laws are from FL. Can I invite my brother in-law to stay with us for a night or two and have him get us the FL resident rates? Or do they check each person staying while setting up express passes?
If the person paying for the room has a FL ID, then you are good.

Having stayed at both (and returning to both this year), it really depends on what you and your family prefer.

If being the closest to the parks as possible is a factor, then Hard Rock is the closest hotel of them all.

If the pool is a factor, Hard Rock has a pool with underwater speakers and one of the zippier waterslides on property. Royal Pacific has a nice big pool with a sandy beach, and while it doesn't have a waterslide, it does have a little ship sprayground.

If you prefer a laid back vibe, Royal Pacific does that a tad better for me.

For food, personally for me, Royal Pacific does a better breakfast. Can't really comment on lunch or dinner since I've always eaten in CityWalk and the parks for those. Royal Pacific also recently opened a new grab n' go spot, which could be more substantial than the one that Hard Rock has. Conversely, for something high-end, Hard Rock has the Palm steakhouse which I've heard nothing but good things from.

In all honesty, both hotels are really nice no matter how you pick em'.

We've stayed at both... and while the closer location for the Hard Rock was nice, I enjoy the vibe of the Royal Pacific a lot more. Feels more peaceful, like you're in Hawaii, while Hard Rock feels more like a Vegas hotel. Which may or may not be a bad thing, depending on what's more attractive to you.

If the person paying for the room has a FL ID, then you are good.
If we walked up together and he handed them his license with my credit card do you think they'd question him?

I always like to do the resort charging with the key for the week and wouldn't want to ask him to float 3 or 4k on his card. I could probably go back down after check in and ask to turn on resort charging with a different card too though...or just use the CC all week like a normal person

If we walked up together and he handed them his license with my credit card do you think they'd question him?

I always like to do the resort charging with the key for the week and wouldn't want to ask him to float 3 or 4k on his card. I could probably go back down after check in and ask to turn on resort charging with a different card too though...or just use the CC all week like a normal person

They need to be a guest assigned your room is the rule.

Family tradition to stay at the hard rock for horror nights and we came to know the bartenders at the pool bar. Veerrrryyy generous pours lol. Have stayed at royal pacific and enjoyed the laid back vibe there too. Really have never had a bad experience at either.

They need to be a guest assigned your room is the rule.
Ahhh I wasn't going back to check the rate after upgrading the room to 3 adults instead of 2 so it is about the same price. I was even playing with the number of adults but it wasn't updating right away on my phone I guess.

2 Adults at hard rock with out of state rates for 6 nights is $1,996
3 Adults at hard rock with FL rates for 6 nights is $1,877
If you tried to pull off something sneaky with them checking in a FL family member and then having them leave and give you the key(But I'd imagine that would probably mess up the express passes and be against policy) 2 adults at hard rock with FL rates for 6 nights is $1,607

It doesn't seem worth coordinating the 3rd FL adult to save 100 bucks unless they're actually vacationing with you. Then it seems like you'd get kicked out trying to go for the switcharoo on the named guest