Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

Po's EPIC Dance Battle. Amazing Chinese acrobats vs 5 guys in panda suits.
Dreamworks: Talent Battle

A foam-head/live show where Trolls (singing), Kung-Fu Panda (martial arts), Shrek (Donkey doing stand-up), Madagascar (King Julian/“Move it”), Megamind (magic), Abominable (violin) compete in a talent competition a la Star Search. When one of Megamind’s machines malfunctions and threatens to destroy the park, they all have to work together to save the audience.

Last edited:
Dreamworks: Talent Battle

A foam-head/live show where Trolls (singing), Kung-Fu Panda (martial arts), Shrek (Donkey doing stand-up), Madagascar (King Julian/“Move it”), Megamind (magic), Abominable (violin) compete in a talent competition a la Star Search. When one of Megamind’s machines malfunctions and threatens to destroy the park, they all have to work together to save the audience.

I love this.

Any way to fit HTTYD in there?

With the amount of representation that Po has in general nowadays with the UPR branding; I have to think they have ideas on bringing the fat panda into play (That isn't his appearance in CineCele).

Even if it isn't something as grand as the Beijing showbuilding: it makes absolute sense for mandarin audiences that do come to UOR.

Ok y'all, bring it back to USB please.
Not tying to pushback, but I feel discussing an original land from the park and it’s future potential prospects are relatively appropriate? Maybe we’re jumping the gun a bit but since most things here we have seen before I feel it’s natural to discuss that for something original, just my take though.

I suppose some Chinese game I.P events ala Universal Cool Japan are in Beijing's future.

Universal Cool singlehandedly lead to the success of USJ even more than Potter. This will make USB a ton of money.

I keep wishing this was in Vegas or something and easier to get to lol, park looks wonderful!
Yes, the park looks beautiful. But most every attraction is just a clone, or close to a copy, of what we have in Universal Orlando. Very little in the way of new attractions, except for a name change like Transformers/Hulk coaster. I would never travel to China, but even if I changed my mind, there's really not enough different at Beijing to make a trip worthwhile.....Of course even in normal times China doesn't give squat about tourism, so this park is really just for it's own populace. It'll never
be like Orlando that gets a third of their visitors from other nations during normal times.

Yes, the park looks beautiful. But most every attraction is just a copy, or close to a copy, of what we have in Universal Orlando. Very little in the way of new attractions, except for a name change like Transformers/Hulk coaster. I would never travel to China, but even if I changed my mind, there's really not enough different at Beijing to make a trip worthwhile.

The powered Jurassic coaster looks interesting, though. Not enough for a trip like that. I am more excited about POV's from this park than from SNW, especially the KFP boat ride, the afore mentioned powered coaster, and the scoop ride for Jurassic World.

The powered Jurassic coaster looks interesting, though. Not enough for a trip like that. I am more excited about POV's from this park than from SNW, especially the KFP boat ride, the afore mentioned powered coaster, and the scoop ride for Jurassic World.
Yeah, nice park, a few new interesting twists, but certainly not worth a trip, even if you could go. Now Epic will be a different story, with everything but Nintendo being new and fresh. That'll be worth a trip.

Yes, the park looks beautiful. But most every attraction is just a clone, or close to a copy, of what we have in Universal Orlando. Very little in the way of new attractions, except for a name change like Transformers/Hulk coaster. I would never travel to China, but even if I changed my mind, there's really not enough different at Beijing to make a trip worthwhile.....Of course even in normal times China doesn't give squat about tourism, so this park is really just for it's own populace. It'll never
be like Orlando that gets a third of their visitors from other nations during normal times.
Oh I hear you 100%, it’s more this collection of things together would hypothetically align with my tastes hahaha. Nice having it in 1 spot, and seeing how UOR has grown and will continue to over just my time in visiting, it’ll be fun to see this evolve too. It looks nicer than USF, that’s for sure at the moment.