Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Let's play being head of Universal Creative...

The idea of a Tower of Terror Ghostbusters ride is a great combination.

If it takes up the same size of foot print as Transformers, it could fit in the space behind where the fire house facade is if you remove HRRR. A tall building wouldn't look out of place in New York.

View attachment 13935

Ideally, you'd want this to be a shooting type ride similar to MIB. With AR looking to be a successful application with Mario Kart and soon to be Spider-Man at DCA, it could really add an extra element to it. Shape them around Ray's night vision goggles:

699_8811976574.jpg

Having a proton pack would be a nice gimmick and give you something to use to shoot but if there's a drop like ToT, it's a lawsuit waiting to happen. I don't know how you would blend the two together. Transformers has two lifts, if you extend them, that gives you the drop.

What other classic rides could you bring back to USF with new patents?

If you create a shooting game with Ghostbusters, you could remove MIB since you don't need two of the same type of rides in the same park.

There is a lot of room between MIB and Fear Factor. Enough for a decent sized coaster:

View attachment 13936

I'm bringing back the BTTF coaster idea but using the Donkey Kong patent.

View attachment 13939

For the start, I've got a vision of California Screamin' with the launch on the water. The DeLorean would look like it's flying above the water, have flames being left for the expected effect.

You could go two ways with it. Have it be an 88mph launch coaster which the ride system could probably take but you would need to instantly slow the train down before it hits any type of corner. You can claim the fastest coaster in Orlando. Immediately after the launch, you go into a show building. Going from outside to inside could sell the time travel aspect. Inside the show building, you're in whatever time period you want to be. 1950s Hill Valley, go back and see some Dinosaurs like the original ride, go into the future and see whatever.

USF needs a water ride and since you've already brought back Kong in IOA, BTTF and Ghostbusters, you might as well bring back Jaws. USF needs a water ride and Dudley fits in right behind Simpsons replacing part of Kidzone.

View attachment 13937
View attachment 13938

I don't really have a story for this, I just thought it would be a fun thing to add. Really push for that movie magic.
I’m really happy I created this thread and people have taken it so serously and let’s their creative juices flow, so I appreciate posts like this. Also, your ideas are amazing. UC, hire this man!!!!!!

Ghostbusters and BTTF rides sound sooooo incredible.

The idea of a Tower of Terror Ghostbusters ride is a great combination.

If it takes up the same size of foot print as Transformers, it could fit in the space behind where the fire house facade is if you remove HRRR. A tall building wouldn't look out of place in New York.

View attachment 13935
When the rumor about Blue Man Group never reopening was brought up a week ago, somebody said that, if Production were to reclaim Soundstage 18, Soundstage 33 could become a park expansion plot. I thought about the idea for a Ghostbusters ride similar to ToT that was discussed in this thread a few weeks ago, and...
1612033762653.png
...this can actually work?

When the rumor about Blue Man Group never reopening was brought up a week ago, somebody said that, if Production were to reclaim Soundstage 18, Soundstage 33 could become a park expansion plot. I thought about the idea for a Ghostbusters ride similar to ToT that was discussed in this thread a few weeks ago, and...
View attachment 13941
If they can use AR..... open up the windows of the building like ToT to show us the park, but augment some Ghosts out onto USF....... we shoot them down then DROP.

There better be a giant Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in this hypothetical Ghostbusters attraction!

Let's take it a step further. Let's say that they build the tower of terror type idea with AR glasses. They build a fake look out over the park but just before the fake shutters open, your lift starts to bounce like something big is stepping your way (Similar to the Trex scene in Jurassic Park) The fake doors open and you see this:

marshmallow usf.jpg

You shoot him with your proton pack and he explodes in a similar fashion to the movie and marshmallow drops everywhere.

When you get out the ride vehicle, you're directed to the exit by TMs who look like this:

r2dchokt9kwa1xwis8en.jpg

As you head towards the gift shop, the walls are covered in marshmallow with tv screens showing the news with footage of the rest of the park covered and celebrating the Ghostbusters as heroes.

marhmallow uor.jpg

View attachment 13941
Gah, Imagine Universal with Tower of Terror!!...my goodness

Alot of People dont know prior to being bought by NBCUniversal. Dremworks acquired Classic Media which owned alot of classic Cartoon characters such as Casper, Voltron, He-man, VeggieTales, Fat Albert etc. I would retheme Woody Woodpecker Kidszone as an area for Classic characters. A Casper trackless Darkride would be built. Fievel would be rethemed to Fat Albert. Woody Wood rollercoaster would be rethemed to Voltron

Alot of People dont know prior to being bought by NBCUniversal. Dremworks acquired Classic Media which owned alot of classic Cartoon characters such as Casper, Voltron, He-man, VeggieTales, Fat Albert etc. I would retheme Woody Woodpecker Kidszone as an area for Classic characters. A Casper trackless Darkride would be built. Fievel would be rethemed to Fat Albert. Woody Wood rollercoaster would be rethemed to Voltron
With Cosby not only creating but voicing Albert, I don't think it'll be at any theme park for any time.

I always hoped Illumination would do a Casper film

A fun little dark ride like what was planned for IOA originally would be fun

That almost fits too perfectly for it to not have been planned that way....
There’s some variation in the layout of the lantern ride, Ping’s, and such, as a result of Beijing being a pass-through rather than a single entrance. So it definitely wasn’t planned that way. But the ride itself is the important part, and there’s enough space to adjust without sacrificing.

I just really like the idea of an indoor land at Studios where the building is themed to a soundstage. Label it “Dreamworks Soundstage: Now Filming ‘Kung-Fu Panda.’”

There’s some variation in the layout of the lantern ride, Ping’s, and such, as a result of Beijing being a pass-through rather than a single entrance. So it definitely wasn’t planned that way. But the ride itself is the important part, and there’s enough space to adjust without sacrificing.

I just really like the idea of an indoor land at Studios where the building is themed to a soundstage. Label it “Dreamworks Soundstage: Now Filming ‘Kung-Fu Panda.’”
Yeah this approach I kinda like actually, puts the idea of literally putting you into the movies put to practice. I don’t see it happening in that way but that’s a fun approach to have a fully fleshed out films land inside of the soundstage where they “film the movie”, good concept.

I have often wondered why any of the Orlando parks haven’t built indoor lands like you see at other parks around the world.

Those mid summer rain storms are no joke.

Edit: Thinking about it. Hurricanes could maybe be the reason why.