Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Seaworld Stocks Plunge 84%

This seemed like the most relevant thread to post this:

And the ironic thing is despite the title of the thread, their stock has gone up a LOT since then, including the past two days after this settlement was announced. This finally puts so much of the company's darkest time behind it. I'm guessing that settling cost a lot less than continuing to fight these shareholders and possibly pay out an even bigger amount.

This doesn't necessarily go with the article, but rather than post a new thread I thought I'd put this here:

While those numbers are terrible, at least there's SOME revenue coming in now instead of all expenses. Also the company is raising $400 million in new note sales, so it sounds like they are doing what's necessary to stay afloat.

SeaWorld Stock plunged to $11.02 on March 1, 2020 as the pandemic hit and closures began. Today their aggressive re-opening strategy seems to be paying off in the eyes of of investors and as of today their stock is over $40 a share as they prepare to announce quarterly results on Thursday.

Wish I had invested last year...

It’s not investing in hindsight - otherwise we’d all be rolling in piles of cash from our GameStop options.

As much as I’d like to see them do well, it does pain me to see colossal snowflake Scott Ross - who thinks that his holding that’s about the size of a rounding error at Universal/Disney gives him free reign to treat his employees like garbage - earn any sort of return for his fund.

It’s not investing in hindsight - otherwise we’d all be rolling in piles of cash from our GameStop options.

As much as I’d like to see them do well, it does pain me to see colossal snowflake Scott Ross - who thinks that his holding that’s about the size of a rounding error at Universal/Disney gives him free reign to treat his employees like garbage - earn any sort of return for his fund.
I don't think calling people derogatory names is a productive way to introduce your argument. You can do better than that. It undercuts your point about how employees are treated.

I don't think calling people derogatory names is a productive way to introduce your argument. You can do better than that. It undercuts your point about how employees are treated.
Must not know how SeaWorld corporate operates these days. I didn’t undercut a thing.

Should I have been more respectful to forum rules, yeah. Should I have been more respectful to Scott, lol no.

Last edited: