Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

Just curious, I haven't had a chance to compare the artwork put out by Universal today with the initial reveal for EU, but have any visible changes been made? A quick glance at the images on my phone it appears to mostly be the same, but I have to wonder if there were any removals/changes made in the artwork?

Just curious, I haven't had a chance to compare the artwork put out by Universal today with the initial reveal for EU, but have any visible changes been made? A quick glance at the images on my phone it appears to mostly be the same, but I have to wonder if there were any removals/changes made in the artwork?
I just looked, and there don't appear to be any changes. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop if something gets axed. Hopefully something relatively minor like a restaurant, a flat ride, or one of the entertainment offerings.

I’m thinking 2025 might be some mixed messaging but we’ll have to wait for official universal comment.
They're going to have to re-establish orders and supply chains. They missed the best opportunity for resuming construction which was ~6 months ago; prices have been steadily climbing and backlogs are growing at the big general construction firms right now.

I just looked, and there don't appear to be any changes. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop if something gets axed. Hopefully something relatively minor like a restaurant, a flat ride, or one of the entertainment offerings.
Most of the rumored changes I was hearing about during the pause, were... actually... good. :look:

They're going to have to re-establish orders and supply chains. They missed the best opportunity for resuming construction which was ~6 months ago; prices have been steadily climbing and backlogs are growing at the big general construction firms right now.
I've been hearing material shortages have doubled the prices of many construction staples so it may cost a bit more. Would have been a bold move to go full bore last year but who could know.

Yeah, some things are still next to impossible to get. Just looking at the site, I'm thinking they are a ways off from needing a whole lot other than major drainage piping and boxes. I know electric conduit was really hard to find for a while, but I haven't heard much about the big drainage stuff. By the time they get to foundation work, I *think* things should free up some more.

BE AGRESSIVE! BE BE AGRESSIVE!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Saying all the right things for sure.

Hope that means that the help that USF needs is on the way as well.
Would be absolutely great if they managed to continue yearly additions. They could easily manage that with a Trolls show and some Hollywood transplants like Dreamworks Theater or the JW retheme.

Would be absolutely great if they managed to continue yearly additions. They could easily manage that with a Trolls show and some Hollywood transplants like Dreamworks Theater or the JW retheme.

I think we get one big new project per park before EU opens. Big I mean something along the lines of Bourne, not Raptor Encounter or a small Trolls show (though I think they should and can do a Trolls show).

I think we get one big new project per park before EU opens. Big I mean something along the lines of Bourne, not Raptor Encounter or a small Trolls show (though I think they should and can do a Trolls show).
When you say on the lines of Bourne...I guess what else would be the same level of investment as Bourne? I think Dreamworks Theater would be similar, but maybe not Pets since it would be a new build? Would it only be shows?

Fixing F&F could be a low cost alternative for USF. It's failure as an E ticket has left a huge hole in the USF attraction line up. .....That said, Epic coming soon will probably limit USF & IOA to low or medium cost new projects.

Fixing F&F could be a low cost alternative for USF. It's failure as an E ticket has left a huge hole in the USF attraction line up. .....That said, Epic coming soon will probably limit USF & IOA to low or medium cost new projects.
The rumored Knight Bus attraction seems like a good fit

I'm still not convinced that's anything more than fan wishcasting.

I also think that might just be a bit too much Potter in that park.
It's less Potter than the MoM attraction and keeps it locked to one side of the park. If you're discussing adding more Potter anyway I'd prefer they replace a bad attraction with it and make it passable and leave the rest of the space (Kidzone, FF, AA, MIB) for other properties.