Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess no for Spiral just because I mean - who knows when that will even be coming out?

I can say I would be brutally upset if we get Candyman in a year that I can't attend, lol.

IDK the entire specifics of why SotL was dropped but I really do hope they try to revisit that plan and get it to replace Billie.

I would guess no for Spiral just because I mean - who knows when that will even be coming out?

I can say I would be brutally upset if we get Candyman in a year that I can't attend, lol.
As far as Spiral there could be some controversy since the trailer seemed to indicate the killer was going after cops. Not sure if that would stop them but with today's society who knows.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
May help with the new Clarice show airing but I’m not sure how popular that’s been

I don't think the show is doing very well. It's gotten pretty bad reviews (31% on Rotten Tomatoes) and there was a lot of backlash after the first episode with people confused and upset that it has everybody in it, and doesn't so much as mention Lecter.

Despite taking place a year after the events of “Silence of the Lambs,” the CBS series will not mention Hannibal Lecter, the cannibalistic serial killer memorably played by Anthony Hopkins in the 1991 film.

The rights to Thomas Harris’ characters are split between MGM and the Dino De Laurentiis Company. “Clarice” showrunner Elizabeth Klaviter explained that CBS only has the rights for characters introduced in Harris’ 1988 novel “Silence of the Lambs.” Unfortunately, since Lecter’s first appearance came in another Harris novel, “Red Dragon,” that makes him off-limits.

Source: Why CBS' 'Clarice' Can't Mention Hannibal Lecter By Name

Then you have to wonder if Universal would be afraid to get the rights after the Scream debacle where they said universal had to do the TV version and not the movie...and I believe something similar happened with From Dusk Till Dawn, but it didn't result in the house being scrapped as they were so similar and it wasn't sprung on them at the last minute. I'd be afraid of an IP that has a "different" TV show active.

I don't think the show is doing very well. It's gotten pretty bad reviews (31% on Rotten Tomatoes) and there was a lot of backlash after the first episode with people confused and upset that it has everybody in it, and doesn't so much as mention Lecter.

Despite taking place a year after the events of “Silence of the Lambs,” the CBS series will not mention Hannibal Lecter, the cannibalistic serial killer memorably played by Anthony Hopkins in the 1991 film.

The rights to Thomas Harris’ characters are split between MGM and the Dino De Laurentiis Company. “Clarice” showrunner Elizabeth Klaviter explained that CBS only has the rights for characters introduced in Harris’ 1988 novel “Silence of the Lambs.” Unfortunately, since Lecter’s first appearance came in another Harris novel, “Red Dragon,” that makes him off-limits.

Then you have to wonder if Universal would be afraid to get the rights after the Scream debacle where they said universal had to do the TV version and not the movie...and I believe something similar happened with From Dusk Till Dawn, but it didn't result in the house being scrapped as they were so similar and it wasn't sprung on them at the last minute. I'd be afraid of an IP that has a "different" TV show active.
OH YEA TWD FINAL SEASON HOUSE LETS GOOOOO

That is actually some great detective work, that is possibly why it got dropped or negotiations fell through the first time.
This kinda stinks if your right because I have really wanted Silence at Horror night's since I first attended.

OH YEA TWD FINAL SEASON HOUSE LETS GOOOOO
mods, how severely am I allowed to abuse this person

This is also why Hannibal had, was it Agent Sparrow? They asked permission to use Starling, and were denied.

Also, ignore the zone locations on that map. They were intentionally rearranged to be incorrect.

NY - 30 Years
Production - Anniversary
SF - Creepshow
CP - Terra Cruentes
HW - Original
just to clarify things in my mind, what would be the difference between 30 years and Anniversary when it comes to the scare zone?

I feel Beetlejuice is definitely the double plus. Alot of that house felt unfinished/rushed, but it could have just been me. For the other plus, I'm thinking Tooth or Bride. Both had some stuff that were missing I think (like the Drill in Tooth) so I'm not sure which one of those two is getting more additions and which one isn't.

just to clarify things in my mind, what would be the difference between 30 years and Anniversary when it comes to the scare zone?
30 Years is a “Best of Scarezones” scarezone. Anniversary is a more general anniversary zone.
I feel Beetlejuice is definitely the double plus. Alot of that house felt unfinished/rushed, but it could have just been me. For the other plus, I'm thinking Tooth or Bride. Both had some stuff that were missing I think (like the Drill in Tooth) so I'm not sure which one of those two is getting more additions and which one isn't.
I’m hearing SCarey is the extra-plussed house, which is interesting because there isn’t a lot you can do with a tent.

Part of me wonders if they’re going to connect a zone to the exit, either along the exit path or into the Fear Factor stage. That way the house experience is plussed up, without actually having to touch the house.

Last edited:
Yeah, of the 3 that were open, I felt Beetlejuice was definitely the most sparse and unfinished. The costumes and design of the house were great, but I felt there was A LOT missing in that house as compared to Tooth Fairy and Bride.
Also, ignore the zone locations on that map. They were intentionally rearranged to be incorrect.

NY - 30 Years
Production - Anniversary
SF - Creepshow
CP - Terra Cruentes
HW - Original
The first 2 are actually what is on the Spec Map. It's San Francisco, Central Park, and Hollywood that were mixed up.

Last edited:
I’m hearing SCarey is the extra-plussed house, which is interesting because there isn’t a lot you can do with a tent.

Part of me wonders if they’re going to connect a zone to the exit, either along the exit path or into the Fear Factor stage. That way the house experience is plussed up, without actually having to touch the house.
What exactly does "Plussing" a house mean?

I
What exactly does "Plussing" a house mean?
Plussing is an old walt era term for improving something, and it sounds the same to my ear as when a wrestling fan says "kayfabe.'

So i was thinking about a property that could be realistic for Shrek and I know Halloween 3 gets brought up for synergy and merch sales with Michael and everything but I feel like after 3 houses in less than a decade it may feel overused. I also don't think they would want both Michael and Leatherface at the same time like hhn 26 again. So I thought Maybe Chucky? The zone at 28 seemed to be a hit among most people and there hasn't been a Chucky house since HHN 19. It also could work with synergy for the new show this year. and I could be wrong but doesn't universal own the rights to the newer movies. It just seems like a cool idea if it's like the scare zone at 28 with all kinds of messed up toys! Im sure it would also sell merch pretty easily!

So i was thinking about a property that could be realistic for Shrek and I know Halloween 3 gets brought up for synergy and merch sales with Michael and everything but I feel like after 3 houses in less than a decade it may feel overused. I also don't think they would want both Michael and Leatherface at the same time like hhn 26 again. So I thought Maybe Chucky? The zone at 28 seemed to be a hit among most people and there hasn't been a Chucky house since HHN 19. It also could work with synergy for the new show this year. and I could be wrong but doesn't universal own the rights to the newer movies. It just seems like a cool idea if it's like the scare zone at 28 with all kinds of messed up toys! Im sure it would also sell merch pretty easily!

H3 isn't Mikey.

ePkwopLmKbYy0Ul9WvRrHIPs3YE.jpg

Reactions: londonwerecat
Status
Not open for further replies.