Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my bad. I did find that a weird option for Gringotts. It looks great but the seam is crowd facing and can be touched. It gives very unsatisfying hollow sound when you tap it.
Ha yeah, I thought the same thing...But after re-watching the films for the 80th time..I was like dang, they really nailed the actual look, sheen and texture

The first half was the biggest surprise to me

I was expecting something more like Taron in terms of speed

But hang time isn't a crime lol

It's like Mack built the front half and Intamin built the second half

I dunno how y'all can figure out forces so accurately! I'm always surprised (and let down) with coasters because what I thought I knew about its forces I didn't.

Has anyone (in the entire span of history) that got to experience something early ever said "It was just alright."

Whether it is seeing a movie early, getting on a soft-opening of a ride, or getting to go through the Beetlejuice house during it's 2-day run... the reviews are always "It WaS tHe GrEaTeSt THinG eVeeR! SuCkS U HaV 2 WaIt!""

Has anyone (in the entire span of history) that got to experience something early ever said "It was just alright."

Whether it is seeing a movie early, getting on a soft-opening of a ride, or getting to go through the Beetlejuice house during it's 2-day run... the reviews are always "It WaS tHe GrEaTeSt THinG eVeeR! SuCkS U HaV 2 WaIt!""

Antarctica: Empire Of The Penguin would like a word....

I think that even MF: Smugglers Run did not receive early good reviews. I've heard of several rides that were actually modified due to feedback. Heck, Maverick at Cedar Point was reworked when they determined that the heartline roll was too much. I will admit that many early riders are park employees and probably have more positive reactions.

remembers doing the TM Preview for F&F Supercharged and hearing nothing but complaints and disappointment around me :lol:

I think that even MF: Smugglers Run did not receive early good reviews. I've heard of several rides that were actually modified due to feedback. Heck, Maverick at Cedar Point was reworked when they determined that the heartline roll was too much. I will admit that many early riders are park employees and probably have more positive reactions.

Yeah Smuggler's Run had some very vocal detractors at the beginning and still does (for good reason). Maverick didn't even open before the heartline roll opened.

Only thing I've ever done early was Cars Land and Buena Vista Street and I thought that was pretty great. But I was also thirteen years old.

Sometime in the early 90's I went to Universal and got chosen to do a random taste test for Doritos 3D. They were GOD AWFUL. Tasted like Bugals with cool ranch seasoning sprinkled on them. They came out, and very quickly disappeared....for 25ish years as they are just now back in stores with the word "Crunch" added to the end. I did get like a $5 concession voucher for my time :)

Sometime in the early 90's I went to Universal and got chosen to do a random taste test for Doritos 3D. They were GOD AWFUL. Tasted like Bugals with cool ranch seasoning sprinkled on them. They came out, and very quickly disappeared....for 25ish years as they are just now back in stores with the word "Crunch" added to the end. I did get like a $5 concession voucher for my time :)

Mmm. Doritos 3D. Bought two bags of the Chili Cheese Nacho flavor and they were amazing.

I got to see SLOP 2 early when Universal did the AP showing and I still felt ripped off even though it was free.

Status
Not open for further replies.