Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

Honestly I think the whole capacity thing is really an honor system. Officials really have to take the word of the park operators that their in-park numbers are within the guidelines. Since those numbers are treated as an industry secret, if Disney says they're allowing only 15% of capacity that number could still be huge since "capacity" may be based on the highest number they've had, not an average number.

I think they are would be using capacity properly, like max occupancy caps imposed by the fire dept, which is technically illegal to go over for safety reasons (I imagine this will be similar). After a little research, Disneyland park has a roughly 80,000 person capacity with all areas, and attractions open. That would be about 12,000 guests allowed per day. Not as few as I originally imagined, but possibly unsustainable for them to operate profitably.

Last edited:
....and still charge full price if not more. Being that guests will literally pay $75 to a park with no rides and only spend more on food and merch why not?

Legitimate question: what do you think a park like Disneyland should charge for a 2021 opening? Let's just say hypothetically that their entire attraction roster isn't available but the park is open. What would be a fair price?

Even if the land was open, the Spider-Man vehicles don't seem very distance-friendly.

How are they currently loading Toy Story Mania at DHS? The back-to-back seating seems very similar (and if anything, Spider-Man looks to be a completely separate enclosure on either side).

I'm sure they won't be combining parties or singles on a single side, though.

Legitimate question: what do you think a park like Disneyland should charge for a 2021 opening? Let's just say hypothetically that their entire attraction roster isn't available but the park is open. What would be a fair price?
Remember when Disney offered those SoCal Resident tickets before May? Something along those lines in terms of prices to compensate for the lack of open rides. But we know Disney isn’t going to do that.

No offense to anyone who went to a Touch of Disney, but if you were scrambling to buy a $75 event where you can only buy more stuff and experience zero rides, you should not be mad when Disney raises prices. People have proved they’re willing to pay more for less.

Before people knew it...I get why they wanted Taste of Disney...but now the parks are opening weeks later...I'd be a little upset.

But for sure I wonder how DCA will do, I love the park but its always been a park hopper only thing I have NEVER just got a ticket for DCA its the same price with half the attractions. It will be interesting to see DCA numbers after a month but think Spider will for sure boost them in the summer. I don't care if the ride is meh....kids love spiderman and will get there parents to take them this summer.

How are they currently loading Toy Story Mania at DHS? The back-to-back seating seems very similar (and if anything, Spider-Man looks to be a completely separate enclosure on either side).

I'm sure they won't be combining parties or singles on a single side, though.
They have plexiglass dividers in the load area and load both sides of each car. Single riders get their own side.

Remember when Disney offered those SoCal Resident tickets before May? Something along those lines in terms of prices to compensate for the lack of open rides. But we know Disney isn’t going to do that.

No offense to anyone who went to a Touch of Disney, but if you were scrambling to buy a $75 event where you can only buy more stuff and experience zero rides, you should not be mad when Disney raises prices. People have proved they’re willing to pay more for less.

That's fair. I don't think a ticket deal situation is out of the question to be honest but we'll probably see it later down the line once they open up a little more. Supply and demand is a huge thing to keep in mind here also. The Touch of Disney pricing may have been high, but the website crashed and all the dates sold out within like 8 hours or something. I'm sure with a limited capacity opening it's going to be difficult to get tickets, and prices will be on the higher end. These parks are all going to want to start making a profit again to get back into the green as soon as possible.

If that is the global suit they are using, I understand why for character walk around purposes. It seems like they want to have the character experiences be a little more like Galaxy's Edge.

The Iron Man suit (and voice) they had at the Marvel Disneyland After Dark event in 2019 was awesome. Movement was for sure a little more limited but I'd rather have that, even if it meant a designated meet and greet area.

The best way to do an Iron Man meet and greet would be an elaborate animatronic ala Mr. Potato Head with various weapons and effects coming out of the suit. Not...whatever this is.

Also, imagine if they tried to do Vision.

Funny how Disney announced this right now, just as Universal's new ride Secret Life of Pets soft opened
Always good when the theme park wars are back on.

EDIT: It's also crazy to think how strong California theme parks are coming out of the gate. Beyond Rise, which many still haven't experienced there is:

A radically altered Snow White
An improved Jurassic World
Jungle Cruise refurb
Secret Life of Pets
and Avengers Campus

all opening within the next two months.

Hopefully we hear something about that Avengers E-ticket soon.

Despite not being sold on the overall "industrial chic" aesthetic chosen for this land, it looks to have been executed very well based on those beauty shots.

But the Spider-Man ride is a HUGE unknown quantity at this point, and the few things we do know about it aren't particularly inspiring.