Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Realistically, this update is going to happen in under a year (perhaps well under a year), so that timetable probably rules out drastic alterations to every scene, knowing the pace at which modern Disney works.

And @JungleSkip, I hope your theory about the "story" being contained to a section of the ride proves to be correct. Too much emphasis on that could derail the breezy, screwball nature of the attraction.
Most of the more problematic scenes are contained in the Africa section of the ride, so it makes sense IMO. The only exception is Trader Sam, who I assume will be switched out for our new Skipper character at the end of the ride to tie it all together

With the short turnover - I heard they want the ride open by when the movie is scheduled for release - the changes have to be minimal. I’d expect whatever major new props may be added to be installed almost immediately upon ride closure.

With the short turnover - I heard they want the ride open by when the movie is scheduled for release - the changes have to be minimal. I’d expect whatever major new props may be added to be installed almost immediately upon ride closure.
Oh my I forgot about the movie

This could have been much worse

I hope this is a decent makeover. They're making it sound like they're trying to stay true to the original while fixing some problematic areas. This is long overdue.

Now if they can figure out a way to make it less dependent on the skipper to create a more even experience that doesn't rely on sometimes lack luster CMs and a knowledge of the English language (and jokes that don't translate for non-native speakers).

I hope this is a decent makeover. They're making it sound like they're trying to stay true to the original while fixing some problematic areas. This is long overdue.

Now if they can figure out a way to make it less dependent on the skipper to create a more even experience that doesn't rely on sometimes lack luster CMs and a knowledge of the English language (and jokes that don't translate for non-native speakers).
It seems the scenes they are replacing are the ones that were downright insensitive...unless you were born in 1930

As far as the ride as a whole....I hope it can be made more interesting now

Per this, unless I've misread something, the story of the ride is now taking place in Adventureland, which is apparently now becoming a "real" place... I guess? I don't know what that means for other attractions that are explicitly rooted in the Caribbean, the Pacific, and the Middle East. Pirates of the Caribbean, for example, is not set in some amorphous Adventureland.

I think this also portends Jungle Cruise dropping the "visit the major rivers of the world" structure.

Maybe it's just time for Jungle Cruise to go away and open a large plot of land in each park for redevelopment. I really don't see how it can be redeemed and it really lost its story and humor over the years, and the skippers unfortunately are uneven in their performances.

Maybe it's just time for Jungle Cruise to go away and open a large plot of land in each park for redevelopment. I really don't see how it can be redeemed and it really lost its story and humor over the years, and the skippers unfortunately are uneven in their performances.
We all know that's not gonna happen though. There's still expansion space left at MK's Adventureland, anyway.

No, it's still a good ride. However, I am 100% against this strange conceit that the ride is set in a place called Adventureland. I'm hoping that piece of promotional material is just something cooked up the marketing people without much thought and not something that will become a part of the ride.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think when its done it will be fine...people were freakinfgout over Snow White...and then we see videos and its an improvement.

So lets wait and see before saying it needs to go away...its literally an opening day ride. Matterhorn while a longer way back also changed its story up and people love it now even more.

I'm going to hedge that they name dropped "Adventureland" as if it were a real, practical place because doing so avoids having to assign the Jungle Navigation Co. to any particular region. (After all, the actual ride implausibly transports you across three continents.) I wouldn't read too much into it.

WDI's implementation of story is garbage when it comes to these rides. I really hope they're not going too heavy handed...but this post makes it seem like they are.

Hopefully the new scenes are nice and the skippers just ignore any overbearing story elements

(Also stop advocating for rides to go away in parks with ample expansion pads)

WDI's implementation of story is garbage when it comes to these rides. I really hope they're not going too heavy handed...but this post makes it seem like they are.

Hopefully the new scenes are nice and the skippers just ignore any overbearing story elements

Yeah, I just don't know that anybody has ever gotten off of Jungle Cruise and thought, "You know, this ride would be a lot better if it had a definite story that I could follow."

That's not the ride. It's jungle atmosphere and goofy vignettes. The end.

Why not spend money building new things that people will actually enjoy instead of hacking apart yet another classic for no apparent reason? I have yet to find what is so ‘problematic’ about this attraction. Disney needs to go back to their old style of ‘add by addition,’ instead of these divisive changes. Add something new instead of changing something loved

Reactions: tielo