Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why not spend money building new things that people will actually enjoy instead of hacking apart yet another classic for no apparent reason? I have yet to find what is so ‘problematic’ about this attraction. Disney needs to go back to their old style of ‘add by addition,’ instead of these divisive changes. Add something new instead of changing something loved
I like Thinkwell's piece about this. The focus is on Splash Mountain rather than Jungle Cruise, but it's a well considered look at "why change?"

There are scenes in JC that absolutely need to change. That’s without question. the issue is WDI is not good at replacing scenes in the classics with something better

I think the last DL upgrade added some great, new vignettes (Pirahnna, etc) that added no story. My worry is they'll tie down the skippers into some "story" that isn't about our trip/doesn't put us at the center. What was a tongue-in-cheek reference to define the design of a land is now beat over our heads with how clever the writers are.

The Natives scene is just not good....If you dont see why some people would be offended then your just living in another world...when the only characters of color are basically savages its an issue.

The ride will be fine, once again wait and see. I'm literally losing Splash my favorite ride but see it could get better, no reason to hate the changes until we see them

Sometimes... there is such a thing as too much story.

Jungle Cruise, of all rides, does not need such elaborate bios for characters whose only purpose is to be a very goofy sight gag.
Hopefully in practice this stuff will just kind of be extra lore for people who care, and wont be really necessary to understand or enjoy whatever kind of narrative they're trying to put in. I'm not really against expanded lore for rides in general, but so long as it's more of a bonus rather than bogging down a really simple effective concept.

The only way I will ever feel I have to care about that backstory is if in the Disney+ S.E.A. series these people show up.

Reactions: shiekra38
I swear, if the skippers are going to have to incorporate some nonsense lore into their spiel rather than just get to the point of the gag...

Reactions: belloq87 and Nick
I swear, if the skippers are going to have to incorporate some nonsense lore into their spiel rather than just get to the point of the gag...
How about if they are all scripted with this change, consistency of the product you know? Maybe they want to do a movie franchise with all the story they are injecting...

Jungle Cruise, like Haunted Mansion really explain all the necessary details in their names and that's about it

Something I appreciate about the likes of Pirates, Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, and Jungle Cruise

You can fill in the necessary details for yourself if you choose to do so...otherwise, it's a simple fun ride that delivers exactly what it advertises