Favorite Facades at Horror Nights - Orlando | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite Facades at Horror Nights - Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’ve only been going since 28 but I absolutely loved
28-Scary tales
Poltergeist
29- Nightingales
Monsters
Graveyard
Yeti

I think my all time fav could be toothfairy just for being so unique!

Only been since HHN28 but I’m gonna include some of the ones I’ve seen in walkthroughs (I’ll mark them as walkthroughs if I’ve only seen them online). I’ll do my top 3 for each year since 26.

HHN26: (All Walkthroughs)
1.) Krampus
2.) Tomb of the Ancients
3.) Exorcist

HHN27: (All Walkthroughs)
1.) Dead Waters
2.) AHS
3.) Scarecrow

HHN28:
1.) Scary Tales (Walkthrough)
2.) Poltergeist
3.) Carnival Graveyard (Walkthrough)

HHN29:
1.) Yeti: Terror of the Yukon
2.) Graveyard Games
3.) House of 1000 Corpses

Halloween Event:
1.) Tooth Fairy
2.) Bride of Frankenstein Lives

I’d say my top 3 of them all are (in no particular order):
1.) Tooth Fairy
2.) Yeti: Terror of the Yukon
3.) Scary Tales

Imma pick Hollywood facades to spice this up
  • La Llorona: Villa de Almas Perdidas (2011)/La Llorona: La Cazadora de Niños (2012)
  • Walking Dead: Dead Inside (2012)
  • Black Sabbith 3D (2013) (The indoor facade, not the marquee with the 13)
  • Walking Dead: No Safe Haven (2013)
  • AVP (2014/2015) (again, indoor facade)
  • AWIL (2014)
  • Halloween: Michael Myers Comes Home (2015)
  • The Exorcist (2016)
  • Freddy Vs Jason (2016)
  • Krampus (2016)
  • Titans Of Terror (2017)
  • Trick R' Treat (2018)
  • Universal Monsters (2018)
  • Creepshow (2019)
  • Ghostbusters (2019)
  • Holidayz In Hell (2019)
  • Killer Klowns From Outer Space (2019)

My top five are

5 - Dead Waters (27)
4 - Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After (28)
3 - Monsters & Mayhem (25)
2 - Body Collectors: Recollections (25)
1 - Halloween (24) *If you haven't seen a video of this in action, do yourself a favor and look it up.

I think this list begins and ends with Scarecrow, just incredible for being outside and it's not taking up like half of the house!
It worked perfectly as well, it really felt like going through an old dilapidated farmhouse.

Source: Grew up near a bunch of old dilapidated farmhouses.

1. Dead Waters (by a mile)
2. Gothic
3. Scarecrow
4. Scary Tales
5. The In-Between

Biased with In-Between since it's one of my favorite houses ever and just loved the comic book you walked through, also probably the oldest facade I can still perfectly picture in my mind so that has to be worth appearing on my list.

My favorites listed chronologically:
  • The Fearhouse (10)
  • Castle Vampyr (14)
  • Ghost Town (14)
  • Psychoscareapy: Maximum Madness (16)
  • Screamhouse: Resurrection (16)
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street: Dreamwalkers (17)
  • Psychoscareapy: Home for the Holidays (17)
  • Scary Tales: Once Upon a Nightmare (18)
  • Dracula: Legacy in Blood (19)
  • Silver Screams (19)
  • Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate (20)
  • Nightingales: Blood Prey (21)
  • Gothic (22)
  • Halloween (24)
  • Body Collectors: Recollections (25)
  • Monsters & Mayhem (25)
  • Dead Waters (27)
  • Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After (28)

I've only been going since 26, but off the top of my head:

Dead Waters (2017)
The Fallen (2017)
Poltergeist (2018)
Carnival Graveyard (2018)
Graveyard Games (2019)
House of 1000 Corpses (2019) very underrated btw

The best facade ever remains Hallow’d Past. It’s literally a warehouse and the story is that you’re entering a warehouse.

Funnily, I remember being really disappointed with that entrance. I understood what they were going for and they arguably accomplished what they set out to do, but I didn't find the execution particularly unsettling or mood-setting.

Keeping mind that I attended Orlando 2008-2015 (skipping 2014), I'd peg the following as my favorites --
  • Body Collectors: Collection of the Past. That looming Jack the Ripper Collector plus the dark and gloomy London storefronts hit all the right notes in a year that didn't exactly have a lot of great facades.
  • Silver Screams. Pitch perfect soundscape and a deceptively simple time jump effect. One of the rare facades where the structure really felt genuine.
  • Dracula: Legacy of Blood. One of the most immediately grotesque facades I can remember. I wish the dining Dracula hadn't got cut, but the opening image was still immediately and unforgettably striking. Managed to communicate everything you needed to know about this take on the character.
  • The OrFanage. The facade itself was nothing special - not a lot of space to work with in the Jaws queue - but I do want to highlight the little playground equipment vignette they installed. The fixtures moved on their own.
  • Winter's Night. The snow, chill, Van Helsing hearse, and looming gates - which hit you immediately with that Don't Blink scare - conveyed a lovely gothic dread.
  • The Forsaken. Not sure if we can count the courtyard since it comes in the middle of the house, but it's the closest thing the maze had to a facade, and boy was it a whopper. Assaults your senses from all sides, manages to convey a ton of implied motion, and hides more than a couple smartly judged scares.
  • Gothic. The structure's scale was justifiably a bit compromised, but I remember taking my mother - her first (and so far only!) HHN event - and her reaction to seeing the church and taking in the sound and lighting was palpable. I'd consider that mission accomplished.
  • Dead End. This maze got under my skin in general, and I think it's criminally underrated by the community. Sometimes less is more, and this dilapidated, lonely, but undeniably menacing house manages to say a whole lot despite being fairly nondescript.
  • Body Collectors: Recollections. Beautiful redesign of the "classic" Shadybrook building. It doesn't quite hit the atmospheric highs of Winter's Night or Collections of the Past, but it comes close, in large part thanks to the stormy lighting and strong musical accompaniment.
  • 25 Years of Monsters & Mayhem. Sure, it's not the most lavish facade in the world, but the rotating advertisements - even if they did promise encounters that would never come - and general sense of looming chaos made for the perfect introduction to the anniversary house.

Reactions: londonwerecat