Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

The problem is the SNL cast is ALWAYS changing and as they are good with improv and sort of not afraid to say certain things or do certain things off-air (the post-show parties for SNL are known for being wild), I just feel like SNL lends itself better to being a club in CityWalk than a ride in a theme park.
Definitely true, but I feel like you could confidently throw Amy, Tina, Will, Kenan, and friends in there and you’d be pretty set.

I would like to point out that as of now, this is all baseless speculation based on ratings... especially since NBCUniversal just re-upped his contract in November.

From November 2nd:

Of course at the same time, Fallon's viewership is down by about 500,000 since his extension:

Sharknado: Ride It Out! In 6D.

xwoi0yujrin41.png

I just saw the ride system manufacturer is suing Universal for money owed ($5 million ?!?). It came as a news flash from the Orlando Sentinel, but there's no link online yet.

I just saw the ride system manufacturer is suing Universal for money owed ($5 million ?!?). It came as a news flash from the Orlando Sentinel, but there's no link online yet.

Perhaps that's why we were hearing so many conflicting rumors, prior to and during construction, on which system/manufacturer the ride was. This might explain it.

Perhaps that's why we were hearing so many conflicting rumors, prior to and during construction, on which system/manufacturer the ride was. This might explain it.

It doesn't, $5 million is not enough of a cost to change it from a flying theater to a sit down one. This sounds like it stems for engineering changes due the ride building that were incurred but UC never paying for them. Communication issues.

Also seems universal kept changing the design, such as lap bars vs belts and how many guests the vehicles would hold.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to this old HateToFly article from the OU days, Project 301 was a ride set to replace Disaster. Interestingly, the info he had at the time lined up pretty well with Kong (Project 340) - so I'm not sure if he was just conflating two projects, or if Kong somehow began life as a FlyBoard/motion theater attraction and later grew beyond that scope and into the attraction we have today.

301.jpg

Last edited:
According to this old HateToFly article from the OU days, Project 301 was a ride set to replace Disaster. Interestingly, the info he had at the time lined up pretty well with Kong (Project 340) - so I'm not sure if he was just conflating two projects, or if Kong somehow began life as a FlyBoard/motion theater attraction and later grew beyond that scope and into the attraction we have today.

301.jpg
Yes, I remember that speculation. There was a lot of Forum discussion on that back then. Ironically, F&F ended up in that Disaster space using the same layout and ride system that was used for the new Kong in IOA, though nowhere near
as effectively as Reign of Kong. And, JP ended up with the new coaster after all, though perhaps utilizing some different space than the original concept. Funny how that all worked out.

301.jpg
Ah the old San Fran Kong discussion, I was on board with that

It's kind of funny how things evolve

Ironically we got all of this stuff just moved around