Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Flamingo Crossings

flamingo-crossings-town-center-concept-art-1.jpg

Many new tenants announced for Flamingo Crossing courtesy of Orlando Business Journal. Here are the new tenants announced:
  • Wendy’s
  • Five Below
  • Domino’s
  • Ellie Lou’s Brews & BBQ
  • Firehouse Sub
  • Persimmon Hollow Brewing Co.
  • Pieology Pizzeria
  • Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ
  • UPS store
"These brands will join a stellar lineup of previously announced shops and restaurants including Target, which will serve as the primary anchor, PDQ, Five Guys, Ben & Jerry’s and Dunkin’. Walgreens is also currently under construction on an outparcel," said Disney, via a release.

A timeline for the new shops was not included, but many other amenities — including the Target — have been slated to be done by 2021, based on past reports.
The development will be home to several hotels — totaling about 1,750 rooms — that are completed or under development, including:
  • SpringHill Suites by Marriott and TownePlace Suites by Marriott, which are both open and operating.
  • Four additional resorts under construction, including Fairfield and Residence Inn by Marriott, and Homewood Suites and Home2 Suites by Hilton. These properties are expected to be operating by next year.
  • These hotels remain under development: Hampton by Hilton scheduled to be completed later in 2021.

Last edited:
I've always been team "turn Flamingo Crossings into subsidized housing available for all cast in addition to CP Housing," but I'll take "CP Housing+Hotels+Other Apts"

Due to the CP Program continuing to be on pause, American Campus, the operator of the Flamingo Crossing's CP apartment complex, is renting out rooms to regular Disney Cast Members now.

A bunch of pictures of the entire Flamingo Crossings College Program Housing now released as Disney is getting ready to restart the program later this year. This place looks absolutely beautiful and has someone who has done the DCP, has me wishing I could've experienced this.

A bunch of pictures of the entire Flamingo Crossings College Program Housing now released as Disney is getting ready to restart the program later this year. This place looks absolutely beautiful and has someone who has done the DCP, has me wishing I could've experienced this.
Dang, that's nice! I wanna live there.

"The 200,000-square-foot Flamingo Crossings shopping center — a Disney master-planned development on the west side of the theme park resort — has revealed eight additional restaurants and retailers who will be tenants there.

Those added to the growing list include:

• Encore Nails
  • Hash House a Go Go
  • Lime Fresh Mexican Grill
  • Nick Filet
  • Ovation Bistro & Bar
  • Pita Mediterranean Street Food
  • Starbucks
  • Simply Capri
Other tenants previously announced include 7-Eleven, Ben & Jerry's, Bento Asian Kitchen + Sushi, Domino's, Dunkin, Ellie Lou's Brews & BBQ, Firehouse Subs, Five Below, Five Guys, Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ Dining, PDQ, Persimmon Hollow Brewing Company, Pieology Pizzeria, Target, The UPS Store, Walgreens and Wendy's."

Hard to believe this is a project announced in 2008 and actually made its way through development hell to be built. The year 2008 obviously brought on the great recession, which is what initially killed this project dead in its tracks for a solid decade.

I don't think it was until around 2017 or 2018 when they went back to the drawing board and realized this area would be a good area to house the CP's, who would provide a constant flow of people in the area who always need things, making the shopping plaza a viable strategy again. It doesn't hurt that Flamingo Crossings isn't far from many locals, either.