Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully believe that social distancing will be dropped sometime in June/July, definitely before HHN.
I don't know. Sure, the US will have everyone vaccinated who wants one in a few months essentially and I expect 12-15 year olds will start getting it soon, too. But you also have to think about countries outside the US. The richest of the rich countries are all being vaccinated extremely fast, but there are many countries where they are still struggling because they aren't a wealthy nation so they can't afford the vaccine supply.

And if it's not are people going to be upset because they are hoping it will be five months before the event even begins when we just went through one of the most turbulent and fluid years in American history?

If restrictions in the regular parks loosen up before HHN and things look better and better, by all means ramp up the excitement for a fully normal HHN. Until then, though, I would remain hopeful but respectful of the restrictions still in place.

Oh, I was never implying otherwise. I have taken COVID-19 more seriously than anyone else that I know lol

I'm excited regardless.

And therein lies a pretty big debate. I agree, it's their risk. Should Universal allow those people to take that risk though? I don't know nor is it my place to decide for them.

You could say that anti-vaxxers 'deserve' what they get but there's something there about being the bigger person and giving them as little room as possible to act in a dumb manner.

Let's also not forget that there does exist the possibility that you could still carry the virus even after vaccination so yes, it might still be better to remain safe and cautious.

And if it's not are people going to be upset because they are hoping it will be five months before the event even begins when we just went through one of the most turbulent and fluid years in American history?

If restrictions in the regular parks loosen up before HHN and things look better and better, by all means ramp up the excitement for a fully normal HHN. Until then, though, I would remain hopeful but respectful of the restrictions still in place.

I'm not sure if there needs to be a whole debate about the ethics of mandated vaccination in this thread. We're not at the point where that discussion is even necessarily relevant.

What's important to remember here is that what is "the most safe" and what will actually happen are often not aligned. If they were, indoor dining would not be a thing - and theme parks in general would probably remain closed.

Frankly, it seems like you are attempting to address complaints that aren't actually yet occurring. All I've seen here are people upset about the prospect of virtual queuing and a lack of freedom in visiting mazes. While I think we shouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves, I also think that's a fair thing to wonder and be concerned about, especially given the lackluster and haphazard implementation we saw for the "lite" event last year. No one is actually insisting that we drop all precautions because it's convenient - we're suggesting that the virtual queue argument might be moot if vaccinations continue at the current pace.

I'm not sure if there needs to be a whole debate about the ethics of mandated vaccination in this thread. We're not at the point where that discussion is even necessarily relevant.

What's important to remember here is that what is "the most safe" and what will actually happen are often not aligned. If they were, indoor dining would not be a thing - and theme parks in general would probably remain closed.

Frankly, it seems like you are attempting to address complaints that aren't actually yet occurring. All I've seen here are people upset about the prospect of virtual queuing and a lack of freedom in visiting mazes. While I think we shouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves, I also think that's a fair thing to wonder and be concerned about, especially given the lackluster and haphazard implementation we saw for the "lite" event last year. No one is actually insisting that we drop all precautions because it's convenient - we're suggesting that the virtual queue argument might be moot if vaccinations continue at the current pace.

And to piggyback off of that, it's also the biggest variable for the event this year (as we already know most of the houses and likely most of the scarezones). I can see why discussion is happening regarding it.

Reactions: dxwwf3

I wouldn't even want to participate in a debate about mandated vaccination since I firmly believe that if you don't want it, by all means whatever happens is your own doing in the face of science and medicine.

Obviously, you simply can't really obtain 'most safe' in a country as volatile and 'business central' as ours, for lack of better term.

I was addressing a swelling of believe that the event would be almost or entirely normal this year. I just think it's slightly silly to think things look and feel good so the event will be x or y when there's plenty of reason to think opposite. It's a discussion, I simply brought a different side of it to the table. If I had to personally guess right now, I have no clue what it'd look like but that's not what I'm trying to communicate.

I also just don't want people to be upset in five months when they're potentially announcing mandatory restrictions like masks, social distancing, reduced capacity or the virtual queue for whatever reason. People can and should be hopeful for a fun event. I obviously don't want anyone to be down in the dumps, I'm just trying to keep a level head myself and keep the seas calm, as it were.

There is a lot of theories and writing on this year, it's going to be a mixed bag, from the lineup to how the event will be run but it's still too early to tell what will go down. I agree on keeping calm and keeping level headed, just be patient and enjoy the ride and keep on speculating.

Reactions: CoryLevy91
I don't know. Sure, the US will have everyone vaccinated who wants one in a few months essentially and I expect 12-15 year olds will start getting it soon, too. But you also have to think about countries outside the US. The richest of the rich countries are all being vaccinated extremely fast, but there are many countries where they are still struggling because they aren't a wealthy nation so they can't afford the vaccine supply.

I get where are you are coming from, but I don't see how a US event should be changed when international travel makes up ~5% of attendance. There's the possibility that we have enough vaccines to offer international travelers sometime later this year once they arrive at the airport.

So at this point can we expect Mardi Gras to bleed straight into HHN this year?
Well they did cancel Grad Bash, so what is stopping them?... xD
I have a feeling we prob won’t hear any announcements till velocicoaster hype dies down
I wouldn't go that far. That could be late June/early July. They don't wanna wait that long to reveal the majority of the event to the public. Prior preparation prevents poor performance. They will wanna go as big as they possibly can.

Reactions: Coolbfitz

I wouldn't go that far. That could be late June/early July. They don't wanna wait that long to reveal the majority of the event to the public. Prior preparation prevents poor performance. They will wanna go as big as they possibly can.
I feel they may wait until the June/July season for any new announcements, but it's possible that they may announce tickets, Brides, Tooth, and Puppet Theatre before then. I don't want to make any assumptions though. At this point, announcements happen when they happen. There doesn't seem to be a schedule this year lol.

I don't think they're too concerned about poor performance. Pent up demand and capacity limits mean they don't have to worry about selling tickets.

One last thing about announcements: Velocicoaster was finally announced to open June 10 on Twitter so I'm guessing that opens to floor to HHN announcements once hype dies down. I wouldn't expect them anytime soon but all I'm saying is that HHN now holds the position to make an announcement without taking away from any other Uni announcement.

it’s no different how they done their hype during the Hulk coaster and Hagrids, they’ll bide their time. They wanna lose any hype for the coaster from HHN and Vice versa but definitely the announcement could be imminent in the future depending if they wanna do it or wait a bit longer.

it’s no different how they done their hype during the Hulk coaster and Hagrids, they’ll bide their time. They wanna lose any hype for the coaster from HHN and Vice versa but definitely the announcement could be imminent in the future depending if they wanna do it or wait a bit longer.
I'm guessing they'll at least wait for two weeks, probably more. Hell, they may even wait until it opens. But who knows at this point.

I'm guessing they'll at least wait for two weeks, probably more. Hell, they may even wait until it opens. But who knows at this point.
There was always a “set schedule” for announcement, this last few years, that process sorta spun out of control when pushbacks and what not would happen, in this case the same thing, they wait to late they have taken a little hype from JP too early they’d do the same for Mardi Gras, all we know is that in time we’ll get another announcement

I mean, we keep saying it, but I really don't think they're worried about ruining HHN or Velocicoaster's hype right now. Summer peak is going to hit capacity a ton with the current setup and HHN will sell regardless coming off of last year. I wouldn't assume anything based on the opening date.

Even then, we had 4 house announcements between Hagrids opening date being announced and Hagrids actually opening and then had another house announcement only 11 days after Hagrids opened.

Things will happen when they happen. It's a weird year. :lol:

I mean, we keep saying it, but I really don't think they're worried about ruining HHN or Velocicoaster's hype right now. Summer peak is going to hit capacity a ton with the current setup and HHN will sell regardless coming off of last year. I wouldn't assume anything based on the opening date.

Even then, we had 4 house announcements between Hagrids opening date being announced and Hagrids actually opening and then had another house announcement only 11 days after Hagrids opened.

Things will happen when they happen. It's a weird year. :lol:

Perfectly said. Every year is going to be different; especially this year.

Yeah, we can't expect any sort of pattern to announcements this year. They could come out bi-weekly, or all at once, or just scattered around lol. We'll get our announcements when we get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.