Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lower Lot Redesign

Throughout almost a decade at this point, Universal Studios Hollywood has had one new addition per year. This should not be a thing that is changed. Especially if Universal/Comcast is gung ho on continuing where they left off.

After SNW, I think they desperately need a hotel. Even if it's a tower hotel like The Park at USJ, it'd be a great fit and they'd be able to compete against the Hilton and Sheraton with as strong of a lineup as USH has right now.

Throughout almost a decade at this point, Universal Studios Hollywood has had one new addition per year. This should not be a thing that is changed. Especially if Universal/Comcast is gung ho on continuing where they left off.

After SNW, I think they desperately need a hotel. Even if it's a tower hotel like The Park at USJ, it'd be a great fit and they'd be able to compete against the Hilton and Sheraton with as strong of a lineup as USH has right now.
Sure but where? They need more room for rides or if they push the studio lot back to make room, its just I can't see many places for a hotel without taking a BIG chuck of theme park land

If the Special Effects show is really closed for good, and down the line once normalcy has returned they don’t plan to put another show there, that’d be some prime real estate for another dark ride, yeah?

Couple that with the fact Simpsons/Springfield might not make it through the decade if Disney (or even Universal themselves) doesn’t want to renew the contract and that’d offer up a lot of real estate that could buy Uni some time before having to keep expanding the Lower Lot further.

If the Special Effects show is really closed for good, and down the line once normalcy has returned they don’t plan to put another show there, that’d be some prime real estate for another dark ride, yeah?

Couple that with the fact Simpsons/Springfield might not make it through the decade if Disney (or even Universal themselves) doesn’t want to renew the contract and that’d offer up a lot of real estate that could buy Uni some time before having to keep expanding the Lower Lot further.
God...im going to miss Spring field its very well done for the space used

I would really like another live action music show where the special effects show is maybe another Beetlejuice show so that he can tell "genie" jokes and make the show interesting everytime...I hate pure scripted shows its why Aladdin was pretty much the perfect show for a theme park that has a lot of APs

Sure but where? They need more room for rides or if they push the studio lot back to make room, its just I can't see many places for a hotel without taking a BIG chuck of theme park land

A simple location would be to bring back the plans for a hotel next to the security stands that was in the Evolution Plan. With the hillside next to Fum Lungs being taken for the studio, I doubt Fum will turn into a hotel.

That said, this may be a better discussion for the Evolution Plan thread.

Whoa whoa whoa

Thats just bad thinking, Universal is still not as full as DCA until then I stand with the park needing more rides.
Panda took over Shrek and even SLOP kinda took walking dead. Many times we have lose an attractions to gain one and we need more. DK will be nice but even then we need more to do. DK and another D ticket, and two more E tickets with some C tickets if they have room before 2030 would be nice.

While I'm excited for Nintendo land Disney just made GE and now a Marvel land, they are updating Snow white, Jungle Cruise and splash and of course Disney forward (when...if it does not happen the city is run by idiots) but we have somethings needed still before I'd call it a day at Universal and also think Citywalk needs to keep improving as well
That would be nice, but it's not realistic (especially coming off of a pandemic). Universal is still building an entire new park on the other side of the country. All money will go to that for a bit.

That would be nice, but it's not realistic (especially coming off of a pandemic). Universal is still building an entire new park on the other side of the country. All money will go to that for a bit.
They have plenty of money

If the crowds come back this summer which its looking like they will, they would be very short sighted if they just stopped after MK. I think once MK opens they will see a big jump in people and be making good money off the bands and green light DK and most likely while we wait for that Panda will change to a new theme and when DK is close to being complete a new ride/attraction will be up near Sillyfunland and SLOP and from there I bet they just keep adding more

I highly doubt they stop until 2030 and for the most part my guess would be 6+ new attractions and 4 redo shows/rides within the next ten years.

It does make me wonder about the future of USH as a half theme park, half studio as it has been for the past six decades. Right now, USH is charging full speed, and I wouldn't be surprised at what's to come by the end of the 2020s. I wouldn't be surprised by 2030, USH wouldn't resemble it used to be. USH Resort might be possible.

It does make me wonder about the future of USH as a half theme park, half studio as it has been for the past six decades. Right now, USH is charging full speed, and I wouldn't be surprised at what's to come by the end of the 2020s. I wouldn't be surprised by 2030, USH wouldn't resemble it used to be. USH Resort might be possible.
I think Disney Forward will play into the future

I'm sure Universal is working on plans now if Disney is allowed a third park....and if it happens then they know if they do nothing they will stay a one day park (that doesn't have as much to do as DCA) but a few more unique restaurants, the Nintendo store and more unique attractions/shopping in citywalk, along with maybe adding a second potter land (maybe two attractions if they give us the train and then a E ticket), make the upper lot Illumnationland better, If Simpsons does change by 2030 then I vote for either HTTYD or Pokemon to take over that area and either update mummy or make a new attraction in the lower lot (besides DK) along with an onsite hotel then they will be in a better spot to challenge Disney

While I know its not what everyone wants Disney has strong IPs and besides "minions" they don't have anything even close to the MCU to Pokemon, Potter and Zelda are the best things to fight Disneyforward. Give people long lasting strong IPs with amazing rides/attractions and people will come

Definitely agree I think the strongest things they could do is continue more with nintendo that's a big ip I do hope also donkey and Zelda and maybe pokemon and Also universal monsters

Other than DK expansion I can't see more Nintendo coming to USH... unless they eventually build a second park. I think the same for Potter apart from a slight expansion of Hoggsmead.

There is still plenty of pre agreed theme park expansion space in the LL after Nintendo, enough for a couple of SNW sized lands.

It’d be awesome if they eventually bring the classic monsters land (or even just the ride) from EU to the lower lot one day. It’d be nice to have the icons celebrated in the place where it all began, doubly so if Mummy ends up biting the dust within the decade for something else.

I think Disney Forward will play into the future

I'm sure Universal is working on plans now if Disney is allowed a third park....and if it happens then they know if they do nothing they will stay a one day park (that doesn't have as much to do as DCA) but a few more unique restaurants, the Nintendo store and more unique attractions/shopping in citywalk, along with maybe adding a second potter land (maybe two attractions if they give us the train and then a E ticket), make the upper lot Illumnationland better, If Simpsons does change by 2030 then I vote for either HTTYD or Pokemon to take over that area and either update mummy or make a new attraction in the lower lot (besides DK) along with an onsite hotel then they will be in a better spot to challenge Disney

While I know its not what everyone wants Disney has strong IPs and besides "minions" they don't have anything even close to the MCU to Pokemon, Potter and Zelda are the best things to fight Disneyforward. Give people long lasting strong IPs with amazing rides/attractions and people will come

Yeah, Disneyland Resort might build a 3rd theme park in response to Universal's Epic Universe slated to come out in early 2025. That leaves USH in a dubious state, stuck in a hard rock between a theme park and an actual working studio. The park needs to adapt to the changes or stay the same it was before and guests can look the other way as new things arise over the years. In spite of additions like SLOP and SNW, It's still a half-a-day park (not even a full one like DCA or USF), so not many people are gonna stay longer to spend on merchandise there. Who knows, maybe USH might build its studios on the other side and the entrance lot that sits where people pass by to go to the park might be rerouted.

Yeah, Disneyland Resort might build a 3rd theme park in response to Universal's Epic Universe slated to come out in early 2025.
Brilliant! Disney will solve the issue of competition in Orlando by building an entirely new park....in California :eek:O:.

Also, USH a half-day park after SNW? Even with crowds and shows? Even if it's in the dead of late January, do you just stop enjoying the park after you've done everything? No re-rides?

I'm not against expansion, but come on guys.

Brilliant! Disney will solve the issue of competition in Orlando by building an entirely new park....in California :eek:O:.

Also, USH a half-day park after SNW? Even with crowds and shows? Even if it's in the dead of late January, do you just stop enjoying the park after you've done everything? No re-rides?

I'm not against expansion, but come on guys.
Yeah, especially since SNW is heavily interactive. USH turns into a full day park the moment it opens.