Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Graveyard Games

then you turn the corner and see your favorite Klowns surround you as mannequins and featuring real actors, I mean loss of effects is not that different for HHN. It's not as big of a deal for certain houses. "Why is Michael Myers in a Dumpster in Halloween II?", he just is lol, you don't have too look too into effects to make the story better for yourself just go in with a clearhead and enjoy the ride.
To be completely fair, Killer Klowns was my least favorite house I've been through so I may be a bit biased in it. I do know that certain effects seem to blend into the environment when turned off, like in Graveyard Games, and some stick out like a sore thumb.

To be completely fair, Killer Klowns was my least favorite house I've been through so I may be a bit biased in it. I do know that certain effects seem to blend into the environment when turned off, like in Graveyard Games, and some stick out like a sore thumb.
The film is one for me that was special because it was a film that my brother showed me at a young age and always loved watching, so it coming to the event as a zone then movie was no bother to us, it was hoping they hit certain scenes that made us laugh and hyped and it did just that, didn't disappoint, I know a lot of people looked it with "high expectations" but when you watch the movie, it makes you appreciate b-movies because it was a time when putting a lot of your money into a film that could make or break you and having it all of a sudden be success and years later being a house not to mention the special fx which were magician tricks almost. The house tried to convey as much of that film it could. As for GG, I'm sorry but when I was first experienced, it was nothing to me at first but a generic story with Poltergeist characters, since they reused majority of the costumes and characters just tweaked the costumes a bit. Eventually the house grew on me when I looked past it but also that house didn't need a lot of effects to get over with people, people were going for the original because of how the concept was presented.

The film is one for me that was special because it was a film that my brother showed me at a young age and always loved watching, so it coming to the event as a zone then movie was no bother to us, it was hoping they hit certain scenes that made us laugh and hyped and it did just that, didn't disappoint, I know a lot of people looked it with "high expectations" but when you watch the movie, it makes you appreciate b-movies because it was a time when putting a lot of your money into a film that could make or break you and having it all of a sudden be success and years later being a house not to mention the special fx which were magician tricks almost. The house tried to convey as much of that film it could. As for GG, I'm sorry but when I was first experienced, it was nothing to me at first but a generic story with Poltergeist characters, since they reused majority of the costumes and characters just tweaked the costumes a bit. Eventually the house grew on me when I looked past it but also that house didn't need a lot of effects to get over with people, people were going for the original because of how the concept was presented.
I loved KKFOS too as a film, it's one of my all time favorite horror films. I went into the house cautiously optimistic and left disappointed. As for Graveyard Games, the thing that won me over was the set design, which was absolutely stunning. That house really captured how HHN can immerse an audience and that's what I loved about it.

I loved KKFOS too as a film, it's one of my all time favorite horror films. I went into the house cautiously optimistic and left disappointed. As for Graveyard Games, the thing that won me over was the set design, which was absolutely stunning. That house really captured how HHN can immerse an audience and that's what I loved about it.
You must have been expecting way too much for that house, some people just went in just expecting the movie and they walked out satisfied, it did its job and the sets for the house really good for what they were and taken straight from the film, it was better than certain black wall scenes that Hollywood did but Hollywood had some rich fun parts their version as well. As for Graveyard, the set was great but I think there was better houses in the past than it honestly, Winters Night mostly which people seemed to overlook since it was sorta taking the little nuisance of what made Winter Night what was for its time.

You must have been expecting way too much for that house, some people just went in just expecting the movie and they walked out satisfied, it did its job and the sets for the house really good for what they were and taken straight from the film, it was better than certain black wall scenes that Hollywood did but Hollywood had some rich fun parts their version as well. As for Graveyard, the set was great but I think there was better houses in the past than it honestly, Winters Night mostly which people seemed to overlook since it was sorta taking the little nuisance of what made Winter Night what was for its time.
I really wasn't expecting much from KKFOS, especially since I didn't like the scarezone from 28. Cautiously optimistic, like I said before. It just didn't do it for me. And I mean, there surely would be a better house than Graveyard Games in the 30 years this event has been happening, however it does seem to be generally appreciated by fans, you know?

I really wasn't expecting much from KKFOS, especially since I didn't like the scarezone from 28. Cautiously optimistic, like I said before. It just didn't do it for me. And I mean, there surely would be a better house than Graveyard Games in the 30 years this event has been happening, however it does seem to be generally appreciated by fans, you know?
There's everything for everyone as I look at it every year, not everything is going to be your liking, and vice versa but as long as the fans are there, its something, because the fans are "the boss" are the ones that really give a house or houses their due and appreciation as you said, same thing for this year's event, it could be one or the other, split in the middle or general love for everything just because of the pandemic we just went through.

There's everything for everyone as I look at it every year, not everything is going to be your liking, and vice versa but as long as the fans are there, its something, because the fans are "the boss" are the ones that really give a house or houses their due and appreciation as you said, same thing for this year's event, it could be one or the other, split in the middle or general love for everything just because of the pandemic we just went through.
I strongly feel like we're gonna get a great year upcoming. Gut feeling that we're going to have a very difficult time ranking these upcoming houses, but that's just wishful thinking.

I strongly feel like we're gonna get a great year upcoming. Gut feeling that we're going to have a very difficult time ranking these upcoming houses, but that's just wishful thinking.
I'm very in the middle, I'll wait till the announcements and then the first night and see how it goes, I'm not too highly-expecting this year to be a "masterpiece" but it could change my mind as the event goes on.