Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lower Lot Redesign

Brilliant! Disney will solve the issue of competition in Orlando by building an entirely new park....in California :eek:O:.

Also, USH a half-day park after SNW? Even with crowds and shows? Even if it's in the dead of late January, do you just stop enjoying the park after you've done everything? No re-rides?

I'm not against expansion, but come on guys.

You get everything done in four to five hours in USH. There's not much to really do there as Disneyland Resort has. People can do re-rides, but it gets boring after a while when your day isn't full. This is why I only go to USH during the HHN season.

I know I said that I don't see any new attractions here for a while after SNW opens, but I really wouldn't be surprised to see Bourne show up here sooner than later. Just put it to the right of Transformers to suck up more crowds on the Lower Lot, and build a facade for both to make the whole area look better (similar to what they did for the SLOP area). Wouldn't be expensive to build either.

You get everything done in four to five hours in USH. There's not much to really do there as Disneyland Resort has. People can do re-rides, but it gets boring after a while when your day isn't full. This is why I only go to USH during the HHN season.

You also have to be fair: You’re saying this from the perspective of knowing USH. You’ve been enough to know the ins and outs, which rides you want to hit up, where you are likely going to eat (if at all), if you want to watch any shows, if you want to shop or not, etc. You can go in with a game plan and knock out “the entire park” in a few hours because you know the place. And I don’t think it’s too wild to say that that description fits for most of us on here who know this park like the back of our hands (or not moreso!)

For most people, however, USH does have a ton to do. A family whose been saving up to make a trip here can easily make a full day or two out of it (and I know people who have). A group of tourists can do it, especially if they do VIP stuff. People with kids can easily have a huge part of their day eaten up by letting those kids play in SSFL for a few hours or constantly stopping to take breaks and eat snacks.

Me, personally, I can go for a few hours: Hit up Forbidden Journey, the three Lower Lot rides, grab a Duff or a butterbeer and do the Studio Tour, Simpsons, and catch Waterworld, and that’s “a day.” But that’s the exception, not the rule, because while I’m breezing through what I wanna do because it’s a routine I know, there’s people all over the park who have been there hours before me who still haven’t done a fraction of that because they’re catching Animal Actors or SES or the wand show or spending time shopping and eating. To them, too, re-rides aren’t “boring” when their day at the park is the very first time they’ve ever ridden, say, Forbidden Journey and of course they wanna keep hitting it up while they’re here with no guarantee they’ll be back for years, or if this is their once a year/once every few years trip out here and they want to do as much as they can.

When SNW opens, I’d bet everything that there are gonna be a lot of people who see most of their day eaten up by SNW and WW alone - rides, shops, and food rather than just hitting up the rides and leaving - before even touching the rest of the park.

You also have to be fair: You’re saying this from the perspective of knowing USH. You’ve been enough to know the ins and outs, which rides you want to hit up, where you are likely going to eat (if at all), if you want to watch any shows, if you want to shop or not, etc. You can go in with a game plan and knock out “the entire park” in a few hours because you know the place. And I don’t think it’s too wild to say that that description fits for most of us on here who know this park like the back of our hands (or not moreso!)

For most people, however, USH does have a ton to do. A family whose been saving up to make a trip here can easily make a full day or two out of it (and I know people who have). A group of tourists can do it, especially if they do VIP stuff. People with kids can easily have a huge part of their day eaten up by letting those kids play in SSFL for a few hours or constantly stopping to take breaks and eat snacks.

Me, personally, I can go for a few hours: Hit up Forbidden Journey, the three Lower Lot rides, grab a Duff or a butterbeer and do the Studio Tour, Simpsons, and catch Waterworld, and that’s “a day.” But that’s the exception, not the rule, because while I’m breezing through what I wanna do because it’s a routine I know, there’s people all over the park who have been there hours before me who still haven’t done a fraction of that because they’re catching Animal Actors or SES or the wand show or spending time shopping and eating. To them, too, re-rides aren’t “boring” when their day at the park is the very first time they’ve ever ridden, say, Forbidden Journey and of course they wanna keep hitting it up while they’re here with no guarantee they’ll be back for years, or if this is their once a year/once every few years trip out here and they want to do as much as they can.

When SNW opens, I’d bet everything that there are gonna be a lot of people who see most of their day eaten up by SNW and WW alone - rides, shops, and food rather than just hitting up the rides and leaving - before even touching the rest of the park.
Well said. :thumbsup:

While yes it can be a full day if you don't plan....that is any place...lol

But for real look at Disneyland even with planning its almost impossible to do everything.

Count what we have even with Nintendoland 14 rides/shows and then the new mini games/raid. DCA DCA has 37 according to search but even make it 30 (before Spiderman and Dr Strange) Universal needs more. A Minion/sing attraction upstairs, DK and maybe if they add something else downstairs without destroying the mummy gets us to 17. When Simpsons goes its not like we are gaining a new ride its being replaced, same with the mummy and special effects show.
The Park needs I think 20 attractions and it will get more people to come in and stay which will lead to longer hours and hopefully more nighttime shows or at least the nightime shows come around more that we already have.

Also would be down for the Mummy to be taken over by a Universal Monsters Dark ride and heck the mummy can still make an appearance

While yes it can be a full day if you don't plan....that is any place...lol

But for real look at Disneyland even with planning its almost impossible to do everything.

Count what we have even with Nintendoland 14 rides/shows and then the new mini games/raid. DCA DCA has 37 according to search but even make it 30 (before Spiderman and Dr Strange) Universal needs more. A Minion/sing attraction upstairs, DK and maybe if they add something else downstairs without destroying the mummy gets us to 17. When Simpsons goes its not like we are gaining a new ride its being replaced, same with the mummy and special effects show.
The Park needs I think 20 attractions and it will get more people to come in and stay which will lead to longer hours and hopefully more nighttime shows or at least the nightime shows come around more that we already have.

Also would be down for the Mummy to be taken over by a Universal Monsters Dark ride and heck the mummy can still make an appearance

the added interactivity of SNW, alongside the instant reridability that Mario Kart has, coupled with the plethora of experiences and the 35-50 minute Studio Tour that the park has will make it a full day trip for those in the GP and tourists. There is a sincere benefactor to Hollywood being the first domestically in this side, as people will flock to Hollywood.

Could there be more? Yes! But for a GP/Touristic aspect, USH is going to hit near full day park status with SNW. Now if we can get the Lower Lot to be completely done in the renovations/new additions, and things to move forward for Upper Lot endeavors, we'd be golden.

I'm honestly surprised we STILL don't have a press release for the Lower Lot redesign. It's been set for a couple of years now, and I don't believe plans have changed.

May be that they're waiting for the right window on dropping the information?

Even with planning at Disneyland Resort, it's always impossible to do anything because of so many people and much to do in these parks. USH in comparison doesn't really offer much, and that's why it needs to expand to catch up with what Disney is offering, especially with its "Disneyland Forward" project in this decade.

Even with planning at Disneyland Resort, it's always impossible to do anything because of so many people and much to do in these parks. USH in comparison doesn't really offer much, and that's why it needs to expand to catch up with what Disney is offering, especially with its "Disneyland Forward" project in this decade.
Uhh, Disney has been around for much longer, and Universal really doesn't need to catch up to it. USH needs a bit more, but it will never catch up to Disney.

Last edited:
Uhh, Disney has been around got much longer, and Universal really doesn't need to catch up to it. USH needs a bit more, but it will never catch up to Disney.
Its not about catching up but to compete

I think for now they are good butttt if Disney Forward happens and its same old same old....just could make some people ignore it completely when they travel here over doing three days of Disney.

Literally nothing wrong with them adding more rides, the more rides means the longer people stay and the more money they can make. Its an investment, Universal most days is open from like 10-6 unless its summer or christmas. My point is you can get more people with more lands and rides, I think MK will do just that but in no way should be an end goal but the start of trying to get every day to be open longer.

Do you know what the plans are?
In 2017, yes. It's been a while. What I can speak of was ROTM removed, a JW mini land + Gyrosphere trackless dark ride, "New York" moved to the Lower Lot + Studio Tour's new entrance next to Transformers and SNW having Mushroom Kingdom and DKC. I know ROTM + JW has changed, I don't know what else has been intact.

Heard that exact same thing the gyrosphere ride was the ride that was suppose to go to Beijing but heard they couldn't get the ride to work how they wanted unless they figure it out already I would love that ride here that'd why those plans may have changed
And heard also the studio.tour going to lower lot to use the space.of current studio tour entrance for a ride or land

Its not about catching up but to compete

I think for now they are good butttt if Disney Forward happens and its same old same old....just could make some people ignore it completely when they travel here over doing three days of Disney.

Literally nothing wrong with them adding more rides, the more rides means the longer people stay and the more money they can make. Its an investment, Universal most days is open from like 10-6 unless its summer or christmas. My point is you can get more people with more lands and rides, I think MK will do just that but in no way should be an end goal but the start of trying to get every day to be open longer.

Exactly. Had USH only stayed as a studio tour, not many people would come and stay at the park any longer as much as Disneyland. In the 1990s, USH added attractions like Backdraft, E.T., Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Special Effect Stages, which enticed more people to come to the park. As the years followed, more rides/attractions are added, and more and more people come and stay. It's going to be hard for USH to stay where it currently is now while Disneyland Resort might swipe the opportunity to rein in with its Forward project in the 2020s.

Heard that exact same thing the gyrosphere ride was the ride that was suppose to go to Beijing but heard they couldn't get the ride to work how they wanted unless they figure it out already I would love that ride here that'd why those plans may have changed
And heard also the studio.tour going to lower lot to use the space.of current studio tour entrance for a ride or land

Isn't the Lower Lot going to see an expansion though? Would it make sense for the Studio Tour entrance to reroute somewhere in the Upper Lot?

We have heard this rumor for a while

I'm not against it as long as it is done in a such a way that doesn't block off the lower lot fro, adding more rides as well.

I think ANY change involving ROTM being removed will be the absolute best thing for the LL. It’s intrusive building configuration I think really limits further place making and additions.
Then I hope they find a way to make it better. Honestly if they can use the area under the stairs as the loading area then they could help

The old Tram area would be the Perfect spot for a second Potter land with the Train/one E ticket. I'd also be down if they had room for some sort of "raid" or walk through attraction to Hollywood.

Then add DK, maybe redo Mummy into something "monsters" themed and maybe see if a Pokemon/Zelda land with rides can be added in the lowerlot where they have some warehouses they could destroy

Then I hope they find a way to make it better. Honestly if they can use the area under the stairs as the loading area then they could help

The old Tram area would be the Perfect spot for a second Potter land with the Train/one E ticket. I'd also be down if they had room for some sort of "raid" or walk through attraction to Hollywood.

Then add DK, maybe redo Mummy into something "monsters" themed and maybe see if a Pokemon/Zelda land with rides can be added in the lowerlot where they have some warehouses they could destroy

Would they need to reroute the SNW entrance then, considering the DK ride is going to take place near Transformers?

If Mummy’s days are numbered and they’re not gonna port the Gyrosphere ride there, either due to its story similarity to the River Adventure or technical similarity to Transformers a stone’s throw away, I still think they could easily use that land to make a themed indoor version of Velocicoaster.

It obviously couldn’t be what it is in Orlando, but it doesn’t really have to be; just take the premise (or modify it) and the name and work within Hollywood’s limitations. Theme the interior like a jungle, throw in some static raptors here and there, a lighting package to make it look like we’re racing through the jungle by moonlight, similar to Owen’s motorcycle ride in the movie... It’d unify that whole landing at the bottom of the Starway without sacrificing the park’s only thrill coaster by replacing it with (what could be) a better one.