Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

The powered Jurassic coaster looks interesting, though. Not enough for a trip like that. I am more excited about POV's from this park than from SNW, especially the KFP boat ride, the afore mentioned powered coaster, and the scoop ride for Jurassic World.

I wouldn't go quite that far but I am very interested in how the JW and KFP areas turn out, hopefully we get a POV of the JW ride.

I wouldn't go quite that far but I am very interested in how the JW and KFP areas turn out, hopefully we get a POV of the JW ride.

Exactly. I highly doubt that I'll ever travel to Asia and so will live vicariously via YouTube. Part of my interest in those rides is curiosity about whether any of them would ever be brought to the states (ex. Future Epic Universe lands). Probably not a chance but still interested.

With a rumored opening of May 20th, I would expect to hear something soon.

And did we know the HTTYD show is called "Untrainable"?
Everyone needs to check these updates as well: KFP and JW Adventure look terrific.

Also I love that name for the HTTYD Show, I have high hopes for it!

Updates are coming every day now and looks like some guest/staff testing is happening
Just wanted to call out the 2 pics below;
Universal up to their old tricks again painting trees onto show buildings (not complaining just pointing out)
IFVwO9.png

and how amazing is the interior themeing for this Transformers restaurant?!?
095314ckank3ectn84hc4a.jpg

All via themeparx

Well, hulk is essentially built over pathways and water. the second half is, in fact placed over grass and has trees scattered around it. I am not understanding what you are saying.

Agreed on the first portion but the last part is over sand mixed with low shrubs or ornamental grasses. All the trees are on the perimeter. It just seemed fairly stark to me once you go through the tunnel and past the station.

Agreed on the first portion but the last part is over sand mixed with low shrubs or ornamental grasses. All the trees are on the perimeter. It just seemed fairly stark to me once you go through the tunnel and past the station.
I thought Hulk was supposed to have an arid military base feel. That's how I always read the landscaping at the end anyway

Would you say sand is overly rough and coarse?

It is, especially at 35-45 mph. If I fall out of the Hulk, I want to land on some nice soft grass. You know, because that will stop any injuries.

Note: I do not believe that I will fall out of the Hulk's restraints. Still, if I did, I'd like my last thoughts to be, "Wow, this grass is really well manicured" or "The scenery here is wonderful!"

if you fall out of Hulk at 35-45mph, you're not gonna have time to stop and smell the roses before you die.
tenor.gif

Someone commented on the Themeparx page that development for a 2nd Theme Park at USB is under early development, with a definite plan for a Train ride. I’d imagine Diagon, and whatever eventual British Ministry ride they create goes here.