Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

In a surprising turn of events, Starbucks Coffee in CityWalk Hollywood has officially closed.

So they were able to withstand a closure through the whole of the pandemic, but now that the park is just over a week from reopening it's closing? Very, very odd.

In a surprising turn of events, Starbucks Coffee in CityWalk Hollywood has officially closed.

I know in June they announced they were closing 400 stores, but expanding on the "to go" concept

Maybe that concept will come to USH? Or maybe nothing?

So they were able to withstand a closure through the whole of the pandemic, but now that the park is just over a week from reopening it's closing? Very, very odd.

It had a weird 2020. It closed a few times despite the reopenings. Otherwise, yea - very strange and out of nowhere.

Could be possible that going forward, we might see a company wide shift to Peets Coffee for the parks front; as Beijing's going to have Peets as the sole Coffee brand for the Asia park. Might've been a perfect storm to pull that plug and make the change.
Love me some Peets or Caribou

Disney serves Joffrey's and Starbucks at their resorts so maybe we'll see a hybrid

Love me some Peets or Caribou

Disney serves Joffrey's and Starbucks at their resorts so maybe we'll see a hybrid
Yeah, I just don't see Starbucks going away in full across all parks. I mean, they just built an TM Starbucks at UOR less than 2 years ago that's incredibly popular and the in-park Starbucks at UOR and CityWalk Starbucks do extremely well there.

Maybe things change in Hollywood, but I doubt things change across the board.

Saw a Movie at Citywalk

Wasn't too busy but Vodoo had a pretty big line.

I will note I go to the parks a goo deal and Starbucks is ALWAYS busy so no clue why this is closing but hopefully someone else either pays reboot it in that spot or a nice coffee spot uses the location because it should be an easy money maker.

Yeah, I just don't see Starbucks going away in full across all parks. I mean, they just built an TM Starbucks at UOR less than 2 years ago that's incredibly popular and the in-park Starbucks at UOR and CityWalk Starbucks do extremely well there.

Maybe things change in Hollywood, but I doubt things change across the board.
I agree, Orlando is an entirely different beast

Universal has a Starbucks in every hotel, CityWalk, and the parks.....and they'll all packed lol

Although, I wouldn't mind another option around the parks, I don't see Orlando changing

In March, a permit was submitted for a Firehouse Subs on Citywalk. Wonder if it is in the Starbucks location. The permit say to renovate a 1163 square foot place. The Starbucks is roughly that size.

Considering Downtown Disney has two Starbucks on each end of the property, I’m really shocked Starbucks has left CityWalk. You’d think they would’ve stuck around once the park reopened.

But I’m not that heartbroken over that. Although I’ll have a Starbs from time to time, they only sell burnt coffee and overrated milkshakes IMO. What CityWalk needs is Peet’s. I need a go-to place for my Iced Redeyes.

If they do put Peet’s in CityWalk (Which I hope and pray they at least consider it), would there be a conflict of interest with Starbucks having two locations in the park?

I've been on this side of thinking, and I do legitimately think it's Peets for Starbucks. I'd be surprised if they went with anyone else.

If they do put Peet’s in CityWalk (Which I hope and pray they at least consider it), would there be a conflict of interest with Starbucks having two locations in the park?

I think considering the lot itself doesn't even have a dedicated Starbucks (when it'd be open, usually it'd be The Coffee Bean for that [and Peet's too]), that it should be fine. Honestly; I don't think Starbucks is long for Universal Hollywood; as I can see them convert the Universal Blvd location of Starbucks to Peet's, and then tear down the Lower Lot Starbucks location once Mummy gets wiped.

Last edited:
I think considering the lot itself doesn't even have a dedicated Starbucks (when it'd be open, usually it'd be The Coffee Bean for that [and Peet's too]), that it should be fine. Honestly; I don't think Starbucks is long for Universal Hollywood; as I can see them convert the Universal Blvd location of Peet's, and then tear down the Lower Lot Starbucks location once Mummy gets wiped.
N O I C E

That is music to my ears as I think Peet's is so much better.

Just wish I could understand why construction on Toothsome has basically stalled out.
I mean some of the restaurants in Citywalk have not even reopened yet. The grill should be up sometime in may hopefully but my guess is they want to make sure they aren't shutting down again soon

I know we are optimistic but I get why they think both local and federal government do not have their back

On a side note, any word if Margaritavillie is ever going to reopen? Or Wasabi? Those places have been in a limbo for a long time without any updates that I know of.

On a side note, any word if Margaritavillie is ever going to reopen? Or Wasabi? Those places have been in a limbo for a long time without any updates that I know of.
I hope so

Maybe they are waiting for things to be at 100% but its strange we have seen nothing from these two places

Kind-of related but wasn't there a rumor that USH was going to have their own version of Hollywood Dream that would go around Citywalk?