Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Family Trip

Virgin have only this week refunded us from our missed trip in April. Took them about 108 days.

I’m expecting about the same time frame although I didn’t get through till late June.

Good to hear you got your money back. I’m not exactly sure how to get money out of a credit card.

Good thing you didn't go to France, Netherlands, Malta, or Monaco on vacation. UK just ordered all vacationeers there to come back...and 14 day quarantine.Seems those areas are up to 20 cases per hundred thousand people
during the past seven days.

I’m expecting about the same time frame although I didn’t get through till late June.

Good to hear you got your money back. I’m not exactly sure how to get money out of a credit card.
I think you just call up your card provider and they can transfer it back fee-free.

Exactly that. The customer calls Card company and requests a ‘chargeback’, provide booking reference and reason. In my one experience it took about ten minutes and the Card company ‘immediately’ refunded my statement, then helpfully pursued the unresponsive airline and later confirmed that full refund. Great service.

2/3 of the flights have been refunded this morning.

Good news. Out of interest, eventually refunded by Virgin or by the Credit Card provider (chargeback)?

I ask as still seeing terrible news articles about BA not refunding in cash.

Good news. Out of interest, eventually refunded by Virgin or by the Credit Card provider (chargeback)?

I ask as still seeing terrible news articles about BA not refunding in cash.

From Virgin themselves.

I’ve been looking at rebooking flights for next year but I’m holding off until things become a bit more clear but every flight I’ve looked at, I can use my miles for. I’ve never seen air miles being able to be used so easily.

From Virgin themselves.

I’ve been looking at rebooking flights for next year but I’m holding off until things become a bit more clear but every flight I’ve looked at, I can use my miles for. I’ve never seen air miles being able to be used so easily.

Glad to hear. Hope goes smoothly next time.

We finally got almost all our money back from our planned Disney Paris trip. Flights were didn't require too much fighting just time. The place we were boarding from would only give us a credit, but we eventually disputed the charges through Amex and finally got it all back $3K+ phew!!! The only thing really left out is the train from London to Paris. They keep pushing that out that we'll be able to use it next year.

lol...

Looks like I'm getting ready to book something for September. The deals are too good to pass up. Using my miles, I can get 2 direct flights for £450 return. Airport parking is also a 1/3 of the price I paid last time.

My current plan is to fly out from Manchester on Tuesday 7th September and staying at Pop Century for 7 nights and then staying 8 nights at Cabana Bay.

I hadn't planned on doing Disney on my next trip but I miss it. SeaWorld and Busch is a no go.

I should also miss the 50th celebration madness.

Car rental prices are currently ridiculous so I'll probably use Magic Express and Uber (Any tips would be greatly appreciated)

I'm hoping by then that all the park reservation stuff won't be as much of a chore but we'll see how it goes.

Everything has free cancellation.

Looks like I'm getting ready to book something for September. The deals are too good to pass up. Using my miles, I can get 2 direct flights for £450 return. Airport parking is also a 1/3 of the price I paid last time.

My current plan is to fly out from Manchester on Tuesday 7th September and staying at Pop Century for 7 nights and then staying 8 nights at Cabana Bay.

I hadn't planned on doing Disney on my next trip but I miss it. SeaWorld and Busch is a no go.

Car rental prices are currently ridiculous so I'll probably use Magic Express and Uber (Any tips would be greatly appreciated)

I'm hoping by then that all the park reservation stuff won't be as much of a chore but we'll see how it goes.

Read an article from a Travel group last week that the rental car fleet is only 60% of what it was in 2019. Reportedly. travelers have been arriving at destinations, finding out there are no rental's available
unless they had reserved a car in advance. I'm not sure what the situation in Orlando is on availability, but I'd guess it's tight there too. The travel group strongly recommended reserving a car in advance
if you're going to need one. Disney has said they're going to continue the reservation days system until 2023.

Last edited:
Read an article from a Travel group last week that the rental car fleet is only 60% of what it was in 2019. Reportedly. travelers have been arriving at destinations, finding out there are no rental's available
unless they had reserved a car in advance. I'm not sure what the situation in Orlando is on availability, but I'd guess it's tight there too. The travel group strongly recommended reserving a car in advance
if you're goin to need one. Disney has said they're going to continue the reservation days system until 2023.

I read something similar and then went and bought Hertz shares since the price has slowly been rising recently.

Avis weirdly seems to be the cheapest option for a car rental booking in advance.

Checking uber prices there and it's not as cheap as I was expecting but still cheaper than getting a car, especially by the time you add on parking at the parks and hotel. My original plan was to stay at Cabana Bay for the duration since I can get free parking and hoped to get annual passes for the free parking but I can't see them returning any time soon.

I don't mind the reservation system, Disney have basically been forcing you to do something similar with dining and FP reservations for years, so it's nothing new but I have always like a bit of flexibility and if the parks are still at limited capacity, I can see some issues.

Good luck. Will you have been double vaxxed by then?

We're going to attempt one of the two day UK only cruises on the Disney Magic in August. You need 2xjabs and tests to even get on, which is about the level I'm comfortable with at the moment.

I read something similar and then went and bought Hertz shares since the price has slowly been rising recently.

Avis weirdly seems to be the cheapest option for a car rental booking in advance.

Checking uber prices there and it's not as cheap as I was expecting but still cheaper than getting a car, especially by the time you add on parking at the parks and hotel. My original plan was to stay at Cabana Bay for the duration since I can get free parking and hoped to get annual passes for the free parking but I can't see them returning any time soon.

I don't mind the reservation system, Disney have basically been forcing you to do something similar with dining and FP reservations for years, so it's nothing new but I have always like a bit of flexibility and if the parks are still at limited capacity, I can see some issues.
I reserved a Budget compact model in BF Tennessee last week. Was $118 for the day and $125 out the door. One day! They put me into a GMC Yukon XL SLT 4x4, you might not get a compact if you reserve a compact. Hopefully the companies can find replacement vehicles soon but with the chip shortage it may be years until prices are back to semi-normal

Good luck. Will you have been double vaxxed by then?

We're going to attempt one of the two day UK only cruises on the Disney Magic in August. You need 2xjabs and tests to even get on, which is about the level I'm comfortable with at the moment.

I had my first jab 2 weeks ago and my wife got her second in February, so we should hopefully be all good by then. It really depends on how Boris wants to play it.

I'm flying out of Manchester because I don't trust Nicola Sturgeon and her wait and see approach to this.

I reserved a Budget compact model in BF Tennessee last week. Was $118 for the day and $125 out the door. One day! They put me into a GMC Yukon XL SLT 4x4, you might not get a compact if you reserve a compact. Hopefully the companies can find replacement vehicles soon but with the chip shortage it may be years until prices are back to semi-normal
A compact is £354 with Avis. £888 with Alamo. It's wild.

I had my first jab 2 weeks ago and my wife got her second in February, so we should hopefully be all good by then. It really depends on how Boris wants to play it.

I'm flying out of Manchester because I don't trust Nicola Sturgeon and her wait and see approach to this.

A compact is £354 with Avis. £888 with Alamo. It's wild.
Is that for 15 days? Not bad :eek:O:

And we’re booked. £490 return for two people was too hard to pass up.

Now comes the decision about hotels. I’m now leaning towards getting a cheap car and staying at Cabana Bay for the duration. It will save about £800 compared to staying at Pop Century for a week and the money can be used towards Uber if I want to drink. Plus no parking charge at CBBR.

There’s also no real benefit of staying at Disney without FP.