Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

Was there any question of the Land success from the announcement? No. The execution is faithful to the vision and it will be successful. It doesn’t mean it is perfect but as fans criticism is important. Universal obviously values feedback as many surveys they do so time will tell with adjustments if needed and future development.
Despite the negative feedback from the forums, it appears NBCUniversal is very very proud and happy with Nintendo and consider the attractions they built the greatest they ever done. Jeff Shell singing this lands praise.

I mean sure listen to feedback but I feel the land looks amazing, It might beat Potter as my favorite area in USH. It will depend on how fun I find the games

But I already know I will ride MK a million times....the only thing slowing me down will be the line..lol

I mean sure listen to feedback but I feel the land looks amazing, It might beat Potter as my favorite area in USH. It will depend on how fun I find the games

But I already know I will ride MK a million times....the only thing slowing me down will be the line..lol
And that's great that you're super excited for it. It still doesn't mean valid criticism here and there is out of bounds.

Dragon Challenge was a valid criticism in being out of place at WWoHP Orlando for example for years before it was removed for Hagid. It doesn't mean that the land still wasn't great when Dragon Challenge was there, it just means it's better and more thematically cohesive now that Hagrid is there.

Last edited:
And that's great that you're super excited for it. It still doesn't mean valid criticism here and there is out of bounds.
I guess but to me all I see is nic picking

The ride doesn't go fast enough.....that is literally on you. They never once said it was a coaster, people made up in their mind what the ride must be or else it sucks

From what I've seen its a perfect blend of screens and physical sets. I have watched video's with AR on and Off both are great and see myself a few times taking off the glasses and just enjoying the ride.

The land itself looks amazing full stop, if you do not like how much the land moves or looks...i can't help you it looks straight out of the video games. The food looks good, I'll have to eat it to know if I will like it but can't wait to get the Peach cake with friends who played N64 with me back in the day.
The games look fun will have to see if I want to play them alot...or just like once a year.

Yoshi ride is a hard one....I would still love it but get more people wanted it to be a more of a dark ride than what it is...but I like the PM and to me this is a better version of that.

Overall the land has very little I can hate on and people know me at this point and have no issues saying what i see as big mistakes but this land seems wonderful to me and not much I would change for this land besides make it bigger..lol

I guess but to me all I see is nic picking

The ride doesn't go fast enough.....that is literally on you. They never once said it was a coaster, people made up in their mind what the ride must be or else it sucks
Yes, things like this are more personal and nit-picky. I personally was never expecting this ride to go fast, but you also have to understand that it may not be nit-picking as much as some people were expecting a faster ride. Now that's not an excuse for continuously going on about it, but the speed of the ride is one of those things that a lot of people had different expectations on so idk, I sort of can understand how someone would be let down.

Of course that doesn't mean they should go on and on about it after the fact. Like, by now, we know what it is so if you don't like it, too bad at this point. I can give someone a day or two to vent from their expectations not being met, but once it goes on and on, then that's when it's a problem.

Yes, things like this are more personal and nit-picky. I personally was never expecting this ride to go fast, but you also have to understand that it may not be nit-picking as much as some people were expecting a faster ride. Now that's not an excuse for continuously nit-picking, but the speed of the ride is one of those things that a lot of people had different expectations on so idk, I sort of can understand how someone would be let down.

Of course that doesn't mean they should go on and on about it after the fact. Like, by now, we know what it is so if you don't like it, too bad at this point. I can give someone a day or two to vent from their expectations not being met, but once it goes on and on, then that's when it's a problem.
To me its a Nic Pic because people made up what the ride would be

Like could you imagine if SLOP had people wanting it to be as detailed as Pirates or HM? Its just making things up at that point

The ride feel like MK from what I have seen, I don't know if the game part is fun or not...I hate Buzz but like Toy Story so the game part will vary I think greatly person to person but the detail and things in the ride and Q are amazing.
I don't see even Disney doing any better with this IP. Everything in the ride comes from the games and is either physical and detailed or a screen but fits and its not just forced.

The only thing I'd like is for it all to be bigger but if Zelda/Pokemon get lands like this then my god are we in for some good years ahead.

Also if people don't like it fine but anyone acting like this is a failure is to me just way out of the loop...if Despicable me and Simpsons have love and they are PURE screen rides then this is a huge step up and in no way failed Nintendo or the fans

I know I've used this time and time again but remember - while we all crap on Fallon, Guest Satisfaction is positive for it. We crack on Rockit for it being the mess it is, but it also gets high scores from guests. Everything I've heard about SNW internally has been a win. So yea, the earnings call is gonna tout the hell out of their new baby. They may be peacocking a bit (no pun intended) but it isn't without merit. We are the minority. We said that when initial responses came in, especially when 98% of the comments were based on videos.

To me its a Nic Pic because people made up what the ride would be

It's nitpick, man. Nitpick!
(Spelling is my nitpick)

I know I've used this time and time again but remember - while we all crap on Fallon, Guest Satisfaction is positive for it. We crack on Rockit for it being the mess it is, but it also gets high scores from guests. Everything I've heard about SNW internally has been a win. So yea, the earnings call is gonna tout the hell out of their new baby. They may be peacocking a bit (no pun intended) but it isn't without merit. We are the minority. We said that when initial responses came in, especially when 98% of the comments were based on videos.

(Spelling is my nitpick)
:thumbsup: This.....What the GP thinks is what really counts. Why,? Because they spend money....and money talks.............The You Tube crowd, many that rarely ever make it to a Universal park, is almost meaningless.

:thumbsup: This.....What the GP thinks is what really counts. Why,? Because they spend money....and money talks.............The You Tube crowd, many that rarely ever make it to a Universal park, is almost meaningless.
I doubt anyone online saying they wont go to Nintendoland is lying...the minute a land opens near them they will go and like it but then come online and complain

Its how it is. I think Fallen, FF and even in someways Kong I get why people are upset over they are kinda lazy or redo's of attractions at other parks. Nintendoland is literally the opposite, the land is alive, its using new tech, its mainly physical sets, the details are off the charts and even the restaurant is unique and we have yet to see real life raids over here in the states at least.

I get some wanted a coaster (ohh boy how original...another coaster) but if people can LOVE Spiderman I don't see how this ride is worst than Spiderman, it seems on par and in someways better

while we all crap on Fallon, Guest Satisfaction is positive for it.

When anyone asks why I'm such a misanthrope...

In all seriousness, I like what I see from the MK POVs in large part because I'm just happy it features lots of physical sets, and yeah the AR technology is quite cool. I wasn't super deadset on the RSR clone that so many online seemingly were because I had been paying attention from the beginning and have never actually been a huge fan of the property (don't hate it at all, just not my thing). Ditto for Yoshi, while it's no SLOP I had my expectations set for a cute little dark ride in the vein of Navi River Journey probably because again, I had been following closely.

But this does mean that a good portion of Nintendo fans really like it, which is a surprise, because I would assume that Nintendo fans would be the ones most expecting an RSR.

When anyone asks why I'm such a misanthrope...

In all seriousness, I like what I see from the MK POVs in large part because I'm just happy it features lots of physical sets, and yeah the AR technology is quite cool. I wasn't super deadset on the RSR clone that so many online seemingly were because I had been paying attention from the beginning and have never actually been a huge fan of the property (don't hate it at all, just not my thing). Ditto for Yoshi, while it's no SLOP I had my expectations set for a cute little dark ride in the vein of Navi River Journey probably because again, I had been following closely.

But this does mean that a good portion of Nintendo fans really like it, which is a surprise, because I would assume that Nintendo fans would be the ones most expecting an RSR.
Maybe from Internet fans

But Nintendo fans are not just one person. Its Dad's, sisters and so on. All the people I know who like MK and I've show the ride off to an the land loveeeee it but they are also more general fans. Some hardcore fans can be are like its not what I wanted but I'm going to guess the bump from Nintendoland will be what Potter was or more for USH, so in the end if the park gets more people coming in, makes money off the food and merch and lines are solid then Universal will take notes but mainly when making new lands and especially ones based off Nintendo and im sure just copy it....a cute Pokemon land where you can see a sleeping Snolax and a dancing Charmander will be so much fun....some will complain if their isn't a coaster going 2000 miles and hour where a physical Mewtwo attacks you during the ride but most would love a slow Pokemon dark ride.

(Spelling is my nitpick)

You pick those nits, Brian!!! I support you.

That was definitely intended LOL

I haven't been on this thread in quite awhile.. I jump back in and people don't like SNW now? what did I miss?

There was some discussion around people's preferences about a "fast" ride or an "interactive" ride, and they expected more speed. BUT the caveat was that only 1-2 people on the thread actually rode it, whereas everyone else was judging off a YouTube video.

Everyone loves MK on YouTube though haha

The comments are overwhelmingly good (although I'm running them through Google Translator from Japanese to English so who knows)

Everyone loves MK on YouTube though haha

The comments are overwhelmingly good (although I'm running them through Google Translator from Japanese to English so who knows)
Advanced Brainwashing technique, long ago discovered by Disney Marketing. And they're very good at it. They make the China and Russia totalitarian governments look like amateurs by comparison.

Advanced Brainwashing technique, long ago discovered by Disney Marketing. And they're very good at it. They make the China and Russia totalitarian governments look like amateurs by comparison.
Ironically, every MK video has the USJ account commenting saying "Take this video down, this is the final warning or we will report to YouTube"...so they clearly don't want videos of MK on YouTube even with the comments being pretty positive thus far

BTW most of these POVs are without the AR which I believe takes the ride to a whole new level