Avengers Campus (DCA) | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers Campus (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This all looks so stupid...

“You’re going to compete with IOA’s MSHI with a bland CAMPUS?!...Anchored by a gaudy retheming of ToT that opened several years ago?!”

“You betcha! And the influencers are gonna eat it up!”

Reactions: Freak and chris.g
This all looks so stupid...

“You’re going to compete with IOA’s MSHI with a bland CAMPUS?!...Anchored by a gaudy retheming of ToT that opened several years ago?!”

“You betcha! And the influencers are gonna eat it up!”
It may be gaudy, but Mission Breakout is way better than what was there before it. That's not to say it would be better than DHS' ToT of course. DCA's was a sad version made better by the retheme.

However fun Mission Breakout may be though, it should be the third tier ride in an Avengers land like this. it should've opened with everything - Avengers E-ticket, Spider-Man, and GotG. Except a retheme shouldn't be the anchor ride of a land when you have a Spider-Man ride in your land. If you're gonna do Spider-Man it's gotta be a headliner and deserves way better than what they did.

It may be gaudy, but Mission Breakout is way better than what was there before it. That's not to say it would be betting than DHS' ToT of course. DCA's was a sad version mad better by the retheme.

However fun Mission Breakout may be though, it should be the third tier ride in an Avengers land like this. it should've opened with everything - Avengers E-ticket, Spider-Man, and GotG. Except a retheme shouldn't be the anchor ride of a land when you have a Spider-Man ride in your land. If you're gonna do Spider-Man it's gotta be a headliner and deserves way better than what they did.

I agree with you that everything should have opened at once. I also agree that GOTG:MB is a better ride experience than ToT, especially compared to DHS. Where I disagree is the theming. ToT had a much better theme, CM experience, and overall atmosphere than MB. The Hollywood Tower Hotel also looked way better within the park than the Collector’s Lair (that’s what it is, right? Idk).

Wouldn't it be wild if Coke decides to do a visual refresh of their packaging before Avengers Campus opens?
Yeah, that's a bit odd to put such a heavy focus on a third party vendor into the actual theming of the quick serve. Just seems like it wasn't necessary. At all.

It may be gaudy, but Mission Breakout is way better than what was there before it. That's not to say it would be better than DHS' ToT of course. DCA's was a sad version made better by the retheme.

Agreed, DCA's ToT was always knocked as a lesser tower than DHS, and it honestly couldn't shake that. MB stands out on it's own as a fun/action oriented tower ride, which fits the design of DCA's tower way better than ToT did. As for which is better, it's all personal preference but both are great for the directions they take (ToT = Mystery/Suspense, MB = Action), though when it comes to drop profiles, MB's profiles are more intense and it's a noticeable difference.

As for AC, I'm almost getting a inkling we're getting another Galaxy's Edge opening situation where the ride opening is not the headliner. Avengers was supposed to be -the- headliner, but no clue when that'll even break ground. Quite frankly Spider-Man should be a headliner, but I'm not 100% sure it's gonna' be one.

Agreed, DCA's ToT was always knocked as a lesser tower than DHS, and it honestly couldn't shake that. MB stands out on it's own as a fun/action oriented tower ride, which fits the design of DCA's tower way better than ToT did. As for which is better, it's all personal preference but both are great for the directions they take (ToT = Mystery/Suspense, MB = Action), though when it comes to drop profiles, MB's profiles are more intense and it's a noticeable difference.

As for AC, I'm almost getting a inkling we're getting another Galaxy's Edge opening situation where the ride opening is not the headliner. Avengers was supposed to be -the- headliner, but no clue when that'll even break ground. Quite frankly Spider-Man should be a headliner, but I'm not 100% sure it's gonna' be one.
The difference was RotR was almost done when SWGE opened there. There's still a parking lot where Avengers will go, whenever it happens. If it happens. I'm guessing it won't be until closer to 2025, which will probably be in line with another Avengers movie.

Do we still think we’re getting that Spider-Man flying animatronic we saw videos for a while back?

Do we still think we’re getting that Spider-Man flying animatronic we saw videos for a while back?

I'd say it's more falling with style, but my gut feeling says there's a chance it'll be seen in some fashion...the bigger question is will it just be for media day a la' WDW's NFL's Dragon/X-Wings at WDW's GE, or if we'll actually see it as a periodic show moment in the land. Hoping for the latter, but we won't know till it happens.

Reactions: Nico
Why is Disney even waiting on building an Avengers attraction??? It's their biggest IP for christ sake. Spider-Man should have been phase 2 if anything.
As someone else said Capacity Issues, also that ride would not be ready yet it would take at least another year.....so we get a filler ride. Disney wanted to I think finally have a Marvel land and also and I know many don't think Disney cares about Universal but Nintendoland was suppose to be opening at the sametime...so think it was to get eyes off that and on them as well.

The E-Ticket was always a second phase, but the real question is do we get the innovative new ride they hyped… or some abbreviated version? Or nothing at all…

I sincerely hope they don’t go a short sighted approach because of Covid.

Reactions: Pacific and Freak
The E-Ticket was always a second phase, but the real question is do we get the innovative new ride they hyped… or some abbreviated version? Or nothing at all…

I sincerely hope they don’t go a short sighted approach because of Covid.
We will get it but I think it won't be as advance now its hard...I want amazing rides but also we live in a world where they can't control lines on normal days and want more things like SLOP, MK and Potter over ROTS were only like 1/4 the people paying get into the ride.

I mean what is the point of amazing rides if you can't even ride it?

Reactions: belloq87 and SkiBum
We will get it but I think it won't be as advance now its hard...I want amazing rides but also we live in a world where they can't control lines on normal days and want more things like SLOP, MK and Potter over ROTS were only like 1/4 the people paying get into the ride.

I mean what is the point of amazing rides if you can't even ride it?

Completely agree with this. They need people eaters. Also, they try to do advanced rides and the cost end up becoming astronomical (yes, I know that it is even when they don't). They would be better off adding a great premiere dark ride for the land and maybe buttress it with a themed coaster (if they had room).

I feel like Disney Imagineering has taken all of the "don't dos" of making an IP land and said, "Let's do it!!!!"

Make many of the buildings bland, unappealing, and uninspired: Check.

Have the "weenie" of the land lead to a gift shop: Check

Take an older ride (That was an overlay for an already exisiting ride on top of that!) and call it the anchor attraction: Check.

Make your biggest IP a land of nothing more than an old overlay and a D-ticket and a walkthrough: Check.

Plan an E-ticket but cancel it and say, "Don't worry, what you were expecting will come in phase 2....even though you might be too old to enjoy it by then.": Check!

Make all of your characters from the IP with the biggest potential into good rides but you slap a walkthrough or a Midway Mania clone on there: Check! (I mean just think of how dope a Doctor Strange Vekoma Madhouse would've been!)

Yeah this land is going to be a bomb (I would argue moreso than GE) and they're gonna be like, "Welp, this land isn't making money. How do we fix it? I KNOW!!!!! We'll make a comic book series out of Avengers campus! Building the proper E-ticket for it is too expensive!"

If they actually built the E-ticket with the land, everyone would've cut this some more slack but this is the first major investment at Disney that I can remember that I'm just not excited for. And it's friggen MARVEL! They had all of this time to think of ideas for Marvel rides and this is all they can come up with?