Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney College Program

Not surprising. Everything is going to go to wide open this summer and they'll need all that cheap labor they can get.

At this point I believe in most departments all furloughed employees have been offered the opportunity to return. Many have declined because they either moved away or moved on with their lives since it's been over a year they have been out of work. Disney has started bringing on new CMs because they already need more than want to return even with several resorts, shops, and restaurants still closed. The unions had agreements with Disney that they had to bring back all the existing CMs before brining on new ones.

This is a huge thing for the DCP to allow. It also has the chance for its share of issues, but for couples that are doing the DCP at the same time or for someone who is transgender, as it allows for them to choose to live with people they associate with rather than just saying men have to live with men and women have to live with women (based on their sex at birth).

This is a huge thing for the DCP to allow. It also has the chance for its share of issues, but for couples that are doing the DCP at the same time or for someone who is transgender, as it allows for them to choose to live with people they associate with rather than just saying men have to live with men and women have to live with women (based on their sex at birth).

That facility looks way better than I thought it would for some reason

I suppose I've just never looked at pictures of the housing

That facility looks way better than I thought it would for some reason

I suppose I've just never looked at pictures of the housing
It's brand new. The older housing was much, much worse. I stayed at Patterson Court in 2015, which was the newest at the time, and it still was nothing all that special. We've been talking about it a bit in the Flamingo Crossings thread over the past year or so.

It's brand new. The older housing was much, much worse. I stayed at Patterson Court in 2015, which was the newest at the time, and it still was nothing all that special. We've been talking about it a bit in the Flamingo Crossings thread over the past year or so.
I'm just glad to see DCP coming back

In all reality it's a genius idea for Disney

I've had two friends that went through it and said "It's a blast, you're always broke, but we'd do it again"

I'm just glad to see DCP coming back

In all reality it's a genius idea for Disney

I've had two friends that went through it and said "It's a blast, you're always broke, but we'd do it again"
I'd say about the same thing. If I was still younger, i'd do it again definitely. Work was why we were there, but i've made lifelong friends from there and it was really all about what you did after work and on your days off. I couldn't tell you the number of times where I hung out at House of Blues on their club nights, which were Sunday and Wednesday until 2am. They no longer (even before COVID) do the club nights, but lets just say what happened at HOB stays at HOB. :lol:

I'd say about the same thing. If I was still younger, i'd do it again definitely. Work was why we were there, but i've made lifelong friends from there and it was really all about what you did after work and on your days off. I couldn't tell you the number of times where I hung out at House of Blues on their club nights, which were Sunday and Wednesday until 2am. They no longer (even before COVID) do the club nights, but lets just say what happened at HOB stays at HOB. :lol:

Same, Nick. I LOVED working for Disney. Wish I had never left. Although I do understand the difference between working as a CP and working full time. Namely pay becoming far more important. But my CP was the time of my life, and ended up meeting my wife during our time there.

My two older kids both worked for Disney, one DCP, one Culinary intern program, and they both loved it. My youngest is hoping to go, she is going to school for architecture and wanting to intern for Imagineering. My son met his future wife on their DCP stint and they got engaged at MK in 2019.