Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

Hill House in the sound stage sounds pretty dope.
we'll have to wait and see
as much as Hill House lends itself to it, we've seen from the past that soundstage doesn't inherently mean impressive design.

Hill House being rumored this year is a tad interesting to say the least, since last year there was word on here that it was probably a *good* thing the maze wasn't happening, as the usual black walls and a lot of bent neck lady wouldn't translate well for the IP. Hopefully the treatment is upgraded from what was originally planned.

Hill House being rumored this year is a tad interesting to say the least, since last year there was word on here that it was probably a *good* thing the maze wasn't happening, as the usual black walls and a lot of bent neck lady wouldn't translate well for the IP. Hopefully the treatment is upgraded from what was originally planned.
Was the black walls just speculation or was there insight on it? It seems that the expectation was that we didn't have the space to create something equal to Orlando's and that was why it was going to be shoddy, but SS29 is pretty big. Although again we had the space for a great Stranger Things maze that rivaled Orlando but we got stuck with meh. I have half a mind to fly to Orlando if we get a subpar Hill House maze and Orlando gets a spectacle.

I remember from my source that Hill House reused tons of props from the scrapped Conjuring maze, and it was terrible....which idk how, since no one has even been inside the maze or knows Murdy that well to know the treatment.

I remember from my source that Hill House reused tons of props from the scrapped Conjuring maze, and it was terrible....which idk how, since no one has even been inside the maze or knows Murdy that well to know the treatment.
Regardless, if this maze gets created, I think many fans will be disappointed. HHN is 0/2 with Netflix properties so far.

Pretty wild they somehow knew it was terrible when it wasn't built, and as you said, very few people had access to the treatment!

Was the black walls just speculation or was there insight on it? It seems that the expectation was that we didn't have the space to create something equal to Orlando's and that was why it was going to be shoddy, but SS29 is pretty big. Although again we had the space for a great Stranger Things maze that rivaled Orlando but we got stuck with meh. I have half a mind to fly to Orlando if we get a subpar Hill House maze and Orlando gets a spectacle.
Well, Orlando is a spectacle.

Not really speculation but I thought I’d let everyone know that the famous sweet licks ice cream truck is now a picture car on the studio tour

Not speculation, but how does one go about finding a scenic painting job for the mazes? I believe they’re outsourced to a 3rd party but I’d love to find out more info on where to look!

I believe that the truck was in fact a picture car in a movie. Murdy tends to reference it whenever the truck comes up.
I know thats the case with the old VW beetle they reuse from time to time but didn't know about the truck.
though the guide just referred to it as "chuckys car" which is a little funny in itself.