Universal Studios Hollywood Reopening April 16 | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Hollywood Reopening April 16

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean unless their is a Miracle, it's never ending we will never get to 70+ Percent of people vaccinated in the US let alone the world. Literally no place in the US you can't not just get a shot within a few days, hoping by summer we stop trying to make companies suffer for something that will not happen. If people from out of state have the Vaccine I really do not understand why Universal would not want to sll them an AP but in like two months its different somehow.

Also the loading system just sucks at under 1/3 capacity because of how many people they can allow per row, I'm just ready for them to be able to do it the normal way, John Olive did a great segment about the Vaccine and nothing anyone can do to get people who don't want it to take it...so sign something when you enter and wear a mask or not its on you.

Just as a quick side note, that wasn’t the message of the John Oliver piece. The message was that most successful campaign at this point is to do targeted campaigns with local community leaders and individuals. He gives tips on how to combat arguments, and then tells the audience to talk to people they know that’s hesitant. It’s the same philosophy behind the “Coming Out” campaign starting in the 1980s/90s.

Kung fu panda is not doing the preshow right now and they are seating every row with 2 seats between parties. Technical rehearsals they were doing the preshow and skipping every other row. Wait times were pretty bad during technical so they sacrifice the preshow to get more people each showing. Wait time was 10 min.

Just as a quick side note, that wasn’t the message of the John Oliver piece. The message was that most successful campaign at this point is to do targeted campaigns with local community leaders and individuals. He gives tips on how to combat arguments, and then tells the audience to talk to people they know that’s hesitant. It’s the same philosophy behind the “Coming Out” campaign starting in the 1980s/90s.
Sure, but having family who are Anti Vaccine, I could time travel and show them the benefits and they would still not get it

My point is, this is the new world, we either adapt or Businesses (like theme parks) loses money and have less new rides/shows, hire less from the bottom up and in general just have less money moving in the world for some people who don't even believe or care. I just hope by Summer Businesses are allowed the Freedom to do as they like and can make people sign a Waive so event like HHN can happen without losing what made them fun

My mind cannot comprehend what any of that means
We will never "unless we force people" get to 70% of America's Vaccinated
Therefor why are we pretending one day we will and making it harder for Businesses like Universal and other travel when its not within their needs to keep you safe from Covid. The Vaccine is there you take it or not, I took it along with many other people so we can't have "normal" because others refuse to take the vaccine

That is my point people with the Vaccine still have to wear masks and Businesses lose money because of people who will never get the vaccine

Not entirely sure where to put this, but it does need to be brought up as it would affect that of USH--CDPH is hearing that with the lifting of capacity restrictions on June 15th, all guests, above the ages of 12 years old; would be required to show proof of a vaccination.

What makes me interested about this; comes down to the measures currently taken on temperature checks at USH. Where are they located? Would they be doing vaccination checks at that of the toll booths, or is there dedicated areas for temperature checks after the fact of a guest parking in one of the structures or overflow lots?

Is the lower lot still opening an hour after park opening?

You can enter the park prior to park opening and line up by Simpsons to enter the lower lot. They let us head down there at 5 till. Mummy was open and running (we were the first ones on that day) and they were holding JW. By the time we got off Mummy, we rode JW with a 20 min posted / 10 min actual wait.

Not entirely sure where to put this, but it does need to be brought up as it would affect that of USH--CDPH is hearing that with the lifting of capacity restrictions on June 15th, all guests, above the ages of 12 years old; would be required to show proof of a vaccination.

What makes me interested about this; comes down to the measures currently taken on temperature checks at USH. Where are they located? Would they be doing vaccination checks at that of the toll booths, or is there dedicated areas for temperature checks after the fact of a guest parking in one of the structures or overflow lots?

HIPPA laws: Am I joke to you?

Besides if you’re vaccinated, you should be safe. Those who aren’t either understand the risks of going and that’s on them, or they don’t want the shot. I don’t see this going over well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coolbfitz
Without vax passports this is not sustainable. I all for it, but burdening the parks with this is too much. I am vaccinated and will probably continue to wear a mask for awhile longer so I don’t see this happening.

Besides if you’re vaccinated, you should be safe. Those who aren’t either understand the risks of going and that’s on them, or they don’t want the shot. I don’t see this going over well.

Reactions: Rideguy70
With the lack of sales for platinum passes, a lot of my friends have resorted to buying gold. Would anyone be able to tell me if they can buy an express pass for the day when we go? I swear the website is a nightmare when it comes to getting information.

With the lack of sales for platinum passes, a lot of my friends have resorted to buying gold. Would anyone be able to tell me if they can buy an express pass for the day when we go? I swear the website is a nightmare when it comes to getting information.

Just my opinion here, but you really don’t need express. If the park opens at 9 AM, be at the gates at 7:45, you’ll be let into the park at 8:30 and can queue for the lower lot for the 9 AM open. Hit the rides in this order...

Mummy > JW > Transformers > (at 10:45 AM get a VQ spot for SLoP at 5 PM) > Simpsons > Studio Tour > HP > Hippogriff > Despicable Me > SLoP > Kung Fu Panda

I had time to hit everything including 3 meal/drink breaks with 20 min to spare before closing (Panda wasn’t open yet that day). You could probably fit Animal Actors in too since we spent a good hour drinking at JW and Duff Gardens.

One of the girls in our group is a few months out from ankle surgery so she has trouble standing in one place for too long. If she's actively walking on it, it doesn't get irritated. And we typically can't do a full day. Her and I have express, the other girls don't.

Reactions: JawsVictim
One of the girls in our group is a few months out from ankle surgery so she has trouble standing in one place for too long. If she's actively walking on it, it doesn't get irritated. And we typically can't do a full day. Her and I have express, the other girls don't.

Sorry to hear! Go to guest relations and they *should* give your party an ADA pass, especially if she’s using a crutch or cane. You can also contact Universal in advance, but it takes forever to reach a representative.

Edit: Sorry, didn’t process the second part about you already having express passes. When I was there, they were still being sold in the park.

Reactions: peasoupprincess

To be fair, you literally have to provide vaccination records to enroll children into public schooling. Not a HIPAA violation. I don't really see the difference.